shape
carat
color
clarity

Super Thin Micro Pave Ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Diamonds4Me

Brilliant_Rock
Does anyone know where I can find a super thin micro pave eternity band? I saw one somewhere but now I can''t find it at all. It''s very thin and only a single row of the pave diamonds that go all the way around. I wish I could remember where I saw it!
emcry.gif
I want two of them, one for each side of my ering.

appletini

Ideal_Rock
Ritani

Diamonds4Me

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you so much. Those are similar to what I''m looking for but the ones I saw were suuuuuper thin. They were so thin you could barely see the diamonds on them but when the light hit them it was like ''WHOA''! Their profile was thicker than their width..if that makes any sense. I wish I could find a picture of them
face11.gif

Diamonds4Me

Brilliant_Rock
OK, Kayla''s Ritani set is very close to what I''m talking about..but believe it or not..the one I saw was thinner than that! But that is sooo close to it.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
The thinnest pave rings I have seen have usually been vintage or estate eternity rings, about 1mm...which is very thin. I think Kayla's are around 1.7mm? Maybe one particular designer makes them even thinner...but I would worry about the strength and durability of a pave ring thinner than something like the Ritani for daily wear. There may not be enough metal to support the stones from damage and/or popping out depending on how they are set.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I definitely agree with Mara here. Coincidentally, I was at the jeweler''s last week discussing how thin a band I could have made for a micropave ring, and my jeweler heavily discouraged me from going less than 2mm. I wanted 1-1.5 mm, and the jeweler said that if I went that low, I would have to sign a waiver that stated I was advised against this for durability reasons (in case anything happened to the ring from my banging it somewhere). I went with 2 mm.
9.gif

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi guys,
I just noticed this thread!

Yes, the Ritani set I got is very thin, but it is hefty. I estimate the bands to be about 1.7 to 1.8 mm wide, but the profile of the rings are thicker, about 2 mm., so although they are thin, they are pretty strong.

I actually have a confession to finally make.
32.gif

When I got the new e-ring, I noticed that it was noticeablly thinner than the two bands. For me, it was uncomfortably thinner, about 1.5 mm. and I did not like that.
From previous experience, I had two very thin platinum pave diamond bands that got bent because they were so thin and they were about 1.5mm, but their profiles were only about 1.2 mm. so I was afraid to have the e-ring as thin.

I sent the e-ring back to Ritani after the New Year''s and although they said that was how thin the e-ring was supposed to be, they agreed to custom make me a new e-ring with a thicker shank and thicker profile. i also asked them to make claw prongs for me as well.

I got the ring last week and it came out perfectly!!! I am very happy and they did exactly what I asked.

I would seriously reconsider having a band with diamonds, thinner than the Ritani bands.
Your best bet is to look at thin bands to get an idea of how thin you want them.
You may have your mind set on a certain number (ie: 1.5 to 1.0mm), but then when you actually see how thin it is, realize that it is way too thin.

And lastly, there is a lot of metal that surrounds the diamonds on the Ritani bands. That is why the diamonds are so tiny, but secure. Some of the thinner bands have larger melee, but less metal around the diamonds and I think those are more prone to bending or having diamonds fall out of them.

Anyway, hope this helps!!!

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/18/2005 7:46:29 AM
Author: Diamonds4Me
Thank you so much. Those are similar to what I''m looking for but the ones I saw were suuuuuper thin. They were so thin you could barely see the diamonds on them but when the light hit them it was like ''WHOA''! Their profile was thicker than their width..if that makes any sense. I wish I could find a picture of them
face11.gif

I just wanted to add that your description sounds exactly like the way I described the ring to Michelle once:

michelle,
I just wanted to add something about the Ritani set I am getting and why I chose it.
I have another wedding set that has a lot of bling on the band, over two carats on both the wedding band and e-ring, so I didn''t want something that was the same as what I already have.
I wanted just a hint of sparkle, so that when you look at the ring from a distance, you see a shimmer, but you have to really look closely to see where it''s coming from. The ACA centerstone has so much bling anyway, I didn''t need that much more in the band.
When I saw the Ritani set, I absolutely loved it. I thought it was perfect, from a distance it looks like a solitaire, but with added sparkle.

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Kayla, I''m glad you got your e-ring modified to exactly how you wanted it.
36.gif

Now where are the pictures?!
9.gif

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
Exactly Patty! I did not want to be the one who asked first. Glad you did!
face23.gif

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Here''s mine Diamonds!
I believe it is .50ctw white gold.

I love the look of it.

spar87.JPG

thin11.JPG

Michael_E

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Diamonds4Me,
A ring can be made as thin as about 1.5mm and still be strong enough to withstand bending if it is made thick enough and has no through holes drilled into it. I''ve attached a picture of a pair that were made to 1.7mm thick as are the stones set into them. The bands are almost as thick as they are wide and the seats for the stones have engraved openings on all four sides for cleaning. The sides of the bands have a some decorative
"V''s" cut into them which come up between the beads that hold the stones in place. If the band was 1.5mm wide and the stones were 1.3 mm in diameter you would come very close to the look that you''re after. If you were careful or soldered the bands to your engagement band you could get the width down to 1.3mm with 1.0mm stones set into it. Any good bench person, with a microscope, could make this for you as an eternity band, (although I would recommend that the stones only go 3/4 around for durability).

heather1.jpg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Vera Wang''s site has some very fine specimens--under "fine jewellery" thumbnail and further, "bridal collection".
www.verawang.com

cheers--Sharon

Diamonds4Me

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, thanks so much. Sorry I haven''t posted back until now..I''ve been insanely busy
14.gif
Thank you for all the input! I didn''t think about it maybe being too weak...oh well. And 7s...I absolutely love your band
9.gif
I''ll have to check out Vera Wang''s site and see what she has. I haven''t been to that site yet!
6.gif
I''ve been falling behind here, lol. Michael E, I love those with the rubies in them. Very sparkly
30.gif

Well, I better get back to work.
15.gif
I could sit here all day and look at everything on here...but unfortunately it doesn''t pay the bills very well
25.gif

Thank you again!
35.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results