shape
carat
color
clarity

Super Sly?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

wcitygirl

Rough_Rock
Ok, my bf and I are getting engaged within the next few months. The deal is, he wants it to be a huge surprise. Well, I think this website is incredibly informative and helpful. Bf has ZERO knowledge of jewelry. ("Ohhhhh, they have preset SIZES for rings? Hm.")

I was just wondering if anyone had any ideas on how to get him to this website without being the nagging gf who is just asking to ruin the surprise? (I just thought that since he''s SO clueless, it might make it a little easier on him?) My ideal would be that he would be directed to this site seemingly without any help from me!!

Any thoughts?

codex57

Brilliant_Rock
Have a male friend send a postcard with a short message saying something like, "Dude, heard you''re thinking about popping the question. Check out this site: www.pricescope.com" He may think it''s from one of his friends if he''s mentioned getting engaged to them. The key is the messy handwriting typical of males.

irishcaroline

Rough_Rock
Put this site as his ''HOMEPAGE'' hahaha Then he wont access the net without looking at it!!!

Also...check out ''meeting future husband or wife on the internet'' ... my situation is on that and hwo my boyfriend went and told me he was planning to purpose when he comes over on 15th and he has a ring bought already!!!!!!!! How scared was i? VERY! We hadnt even talked about rings!!!! lol But it turns out he knows more about jewellery than i thought...fellas act dumb but hes probably checking it all out behind your back.

Best of luck
Caroline
35.gif

irishcaroline

Rough_Rock
PS : id love to direct my boyfriend to this site...but after all my posts, id be afraid too!! haha so be careful of what u say etc incase he sees it!!!!

mrmedoes

Shiny_Rock
If you have a friend who likes jewelry or anything, just make a comment like "So-and-so said that she got the best deal by researching diamond earrings online and gave me the website." The key thing is to make sure that you say that it''s a much better deal than the store and better quality and that you don''t mention engagement rings. Let him do that math. If you hype the deals and knowledge that "your friend" got, he''ll take a look just to see. That being said, make sure he can''t figure out that you are you if he''d decide to post.

wcitygirl

Rough_Rock
Those are great suggestions! I really appreciate all your input!

Irishcaroline -- don''t think I didn''t think of THAT!!! :) We''ve talked a some about rings -- but, I''m still a little scared because I''m somewhat particular about jewelry. You must have been scared!!! Would that be the 15th of Dec or the 15th of Jan? You''ll have to post a picture!

irishcaroline

Rough_Rock
Hey wcitygirl, its 15th jan! This SATURDAY!!!!! ... but i have already said no, so i dont know how i will get a pic of the ring...i suppose i sneaky one when hes not around, although i will be getting a look at it off course! But he''ll prob be thinking im nuts to be taking pics of it! lol... but ill try for you!!!! hope everything works out with yours!!

Caroline

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results