shape
carat
color
clarity

super ideals: which to pick

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

oz

Rough_Rock
This site has helped me determine that cut is the most important.

I've then gone to local stores to look for Hearts and arrows diamonds.
The responses I received were:
-it's only a branding thing and ours are better quality
-it's only about cut measurements and ours are the same measurements
is this true?

Are superideals like superbcert, a cut above, and eightstar equivalent cuts?
It seems like eightstar was first, does that make them the best?
What is the criteria to pick one over the other?
Is there a difference in price between these brands?:))

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
You will have to do your own looking with your own eyes to be sure for your self.

After many years I am yet to be convinced that super ideals are better than ordinary well proportioned diamonds. But thousands of people disagree with me.

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
I agree with Garry.

Oz, you have to compare them side by side to see whether you can see a difference.

In a day/office light most diamonds look similar. In a jewelry shop anything will sparkle. Some people say that you have to compare in diamonds in a dim light.

There are ideal cut diamonds, Hearts and Arrows diamonds, non-ideal but very nice diamonds and just dull rocks.

You might and might not see a difference or you might just appreciate that diamond has very precise symmetry...

There is no absolute best. EightStar diamonds are cut and look a bit differently. It can appeal to some people but it doesn't mean they are the best. There are many other beautiful diamonds - you have to see and decide what is best for you.

There are also some differences in SuperbCert and A Cut Above. Both brands are very beautiful. SC has narrower pavilion mains. It results in a bit split hearts. Manufacturers of ACA are proud of the shape of their hearts :)

Again, it's up to you whether you'll see a difference or appreciate internal symmetry and precision.

There are also nice stones outside of traditional ideal cut range (thus cheaper). They can have a different look though because of the different balance of white and color light, contrast and scintillation.

oz

Rough_Rock
what is HCA and the Ideal Scope?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results