shape
carat
color
clarity

Super Ideal Eternity band, I VS, 3-4 ct where do I order from?

teslagirl1234

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Hi Everyone,

I am looking to make a new eternity band that super ideal or at least very good excellent cut diamonds. 3-4 ct, leaning toward 3 ct to not over power 5 ct engagement ring. I already have a 4.8 ct one that I don’t wear together as it’s too large and makes engagement ring look smaller.

Engagement ring is J color VS1 with medium blue fluorescence which makes it look a little whiter so was thinking I color stones, VS.

What’s the best way to make this ring? Blue Nile excellent stones? Smallest ones will be 4 ct. with 0.23 ct each.

WF only has F-G color which is too white.

HPD quoted high price for Lux Ideal, no ASET images or anything.

I feel jewelers sell good to very good cut stones and I don’t know enough about diamonds to know. I do have an ideal scope though.

Was hoping to keep project under $5k.
All my stones are GIA for peace of mind.

Thank you for all advice.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Anything from high performance diamonds or whiteflash is going to be extremely high quality, but will likely cost more than 5K

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Try IDJ and tell them your parameters. Does it have to be a full eternity? Whiteflash and HPD make some gorgeous 5 and 7 stone bands. I’d also check Rhino’s Distinctive Gems - someone posted a gorgeous band from him recently. I cannot recall whether it was for sale or newly made but it was gorgeous.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi! Nice to see you again! :wavey:

I'd get Whiteflash to make mine. Did you specifically ask them if they'd make one with I color stones? Just because their regular stock has F-G, that doesn't necessarily apply to custom. That said, with the lockdown it may be hard for any vendor to order stones at the moment. If you ask another vendor, tell them you want ideal cut stones. Also tell them you want the stones set very low. I wouldn't go over 3 cts since you already have a 5 ct one that is too large to wear with your e-ring. I did order a Tiffany band that was 2.86 cts once and it was definitely very blingy, but I returned it. Even that size will probably require a spacer band between the two rings because the eternity band may hit the prongs of the e-ring.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hell I have no clue TG, but maybe everyone will say ID Jewelry.. I just wanted to say I was thinking of you just the other day, am thinking of getting a Tesla :)

(used to be Tekate btw)

Hi Everyone,

I am looking to make a new eternity band that super ideal or at least very good excellent cut diamonds. 3-4 ct, leaning toward 3 ct to not over power 5 ct engagement ring. I already have a 4.8 ct one that I don’t wear together as it’s too large and makes engagement ring look smaller.

Engagement ring is J color VS1 with medium blue fluorescence which makes it look a little whiter so was thinking I color stones, VS.

What’s the best way to make this ring? Blue Nile excellent stones? Smallest ones will be 4 ct. with 0.23 ct each.

WF only has F-G color which is too white.

HPD quoted high price for Lux Ideal, no ASET images or anything.

I feel jewelers sell good to very good cut stones and I don’t know enough about diamonds to know. I do have an ideal scope though.

Was hoping to keep project under $5k.
All my stones are GIA for peace of mind.

Thank you for all advice.

meesmom

Brilliant_Rock
I've always wondered why the big jewelers do not offer bands with different ranges of diamonds....do they not know that everyone does not own/want D-F color stones?? I am getting my CVB partial eternity custom made with I color stones (my solitaire is also I color). Caysie (of CVB) does wonderful work, and she has several styles of eternity bands.

teslagirl1234

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Try IDJ and tell them your parameters. Does it have to be a full eternity? Whiteflash and HPD make some gorgeous 5 and 7 stone bands. I’d also check Rhino’s Distinctive Gems - someone posted a gorgeous band from him recently. I cannot recall whether it was for sale or newly made but it was gorgeous.

IDJ says they can’t get stones without flourescence and I don’t want any.

teslagirl1234

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Show us ur engagement ring so we can advise u better

Tiffany has amazing bands

This is with Tiffany 3 ct at store. But they don’t seem to have I color and are way over priced.
28CBACDC-6B31-4E67-B5C4-2DE7904A3E54.png

teslagirl1234

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I know obviously not everyone is into Costco Jewelry, but you can't beat their return policy, there is really zero risk to order and see if you like it! I have the 1ctw eternity band and absolutley love it. their 3ct I VS2 band is 4299

I loved Costco until they flagged my account for too many returns. From online. Sight unseen. Really do want super ideal stones though.

teslagirl1234

Shiny_Rock
Trade

I'd get Whiteflash to make mine. Did you specifically ask them if they'd make one with I color stones? Just because their regular stock has F-G, that doesn't necessarily apply to custom. That said, with the lockdown it may be hard for any vendor to order stones at the moment. If you ask another vendor, tell them you want ideal cut stones. Also tell them you want the stones set very low. I wouldn't go over 3 cts since you already have a 5 ct one that is too large to wear with your e-ring. I did order a Tiffany band that was 2.86 cts once and it was definitely very blingy, but I returned it. Even that size will probably require a spacer band between the two rings because the eternity band may hit the prongs of the e-ring.

Thank you again for helping me pick the engagement ring! It’s very sparkly. I did get an ideal scope recently and it has a little leakage around table but it’s still amazing! :)

2.86 Tiffany one is perfect. Tried on the other day. See photo. But Tiffany’s is a lot.

Here was the reply from WF:

I understand that you are looking to modify the design to be of larger carat weight (approximately 2.50-3.00ctw), with I color diamonds.
We could certainly quote this band with approximate 3.00ctw, but unfortunately we cannot provide I color A CUT ABOVE diamond melee, they are only available in F/G VS. I color diamonds can be special ordered for you, but unfortunately a cut grade would not be provided for this size. Certified diamonds with a cut grade start at approximately 0.30ct and up.

IDJ was least expensive around $3650 but the stones will have flourescence that I’m not thrilled about.

teslagirl1234

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Thank you again for helping me pick the engagement ring! It’s very sparkly. I did get an ideal scope recently and it has a little leakage around table but it’s still amazing! :)

2.86 Tiffany one is perfect. Tried on the other day. See photo. But Tiffany’s is a lot.

Here was the reply from WF:

I understand that you are looking to modify the design to be of larger carat weight (approximately 2.50-3.00ctw), with I color diamonds.
We could certainly quote this band with approximate 3.00ctw, but unfortunately we cannot provide I color A CUT ABOVE diamond melee, they are only available in F/G VS. I color diamonds can be special ordered for you, but unfortunately a cut grade would not be provided for this size. Certified diamonds with a cut grade start at approximately 0.30ct and up.

IDJ was least expensive around $3650 but the stones will have flourescence that I’m not thrilled about.

B2EF7A4E-D28D-4ACE-AFB3-E1B10059C1F2.jpeg

teslagirl1234

Shiny_Rock
Trade

HPD:
Small diamonds like what you are wanting for the eternity band have neither grading reports or ASET images. We have our own source for ideal cut melee, which allows us to be sure of the cut quality. We can send you an ASET viewer with your finished ring.

And prior email:
First is with H-I color, VVS clarity, 0.175ct each and seventeen HPD Lux ideal cut diamonds total set in platinum for your finger size 6.5: $5,895. The VS clarity is not an option for the I color at this time.

If you wanted to go with F-G color, VS clarity H&A precision cuts with the same platinum setting and carat weight, it would actually cost only $4,920 at this time.

I am so used to buying GIA stones for peace of mind that I am a little afraid to buy without. I am not an expert on diamonds and feel I have had bad experience with jewelers selling good quality cuts as if they are excellent.

brilliance.com is also quoting and they are local to me. But I have seen bad reviews online. Anyone have experience with them? I am used to Nile.

I tried to get GIAs for 0.23 stones from James Allen and they treated me horribly telling me I can only order 3-4 at a time (I need 17), and never sent certs and went into it how they are not a wholesaler (obviously !). Lol.

3 ct is perfect but I don’t think I can get 0.16 ct GIA stones.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HPD:
Small diamonds like what you are wanting for the eternity band have neither grading reports or ASET images. We have our own source for ideal cut melee, which allows us to be sure of the cut quality. We can send you an ASET viewer with your finished ring.

And prior email:

I am so used to buying GIA stones for peace of mind that I am a little afraid to buy without. I am not an expert on diamonds and feel I have had bad experience with jewelers selling good quality cuts as if they are excellent.

brilliance.com is also quoting and they are local to me. But I have seen bad reviews online. Anyone have experience with them? I am used to Nile.

I tried to get GIAs for 0.23 stones from James Allen and they treated me horribly telling me I can only order 3-4 at a time (I need 17), and never sent certs and went into it how they are not a wholesaler (obviously !). Lol.

3 ct is perfect but I don’t think I can get 0.16 ct GIA stones.

If you want ideal stones, the only viable options are WF, HPD, or Brian Gavin. I would go with HPD if WF cannot source the color you want. Brilliance.com will not have ideal cut stones.

EDIT. Stones of that size often don't have reports, and HPD is incredibly trustworthy .I would personally want to save $ and would go with IDJ since I doubt I would see the difference between ideal brand melee vs XXX melee. Plus, fluor is not a negative thing and you won't be able to "see" it either way.

teslagirl1234

Shiny_Rock
Trade

HPD:

If you want ideal stones, the only viable options are WF, HPD, or Brian Gavin. I would go with HPD if WF cannot source the color you want. Brilliance.com will not have ideal cut stones.

EDIT. Stones of that size often don't have reports, and HPD is incredibly trustworthy .I would personally want to save $ and would go with IDJ since I doubt I would see the difference between ideal brand melee vs XXX melee. Plus, fluor is not a negative thing and you won't be able to "see" it either way.

They list super ideal stones on their website and show GIA certificates. Brilliance.com

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HPD:

They list super ideal stones on their website and show GIA certificates. Brilliance.com

The term "super ideal" doesn't actually mean anything outside of this forum. It isn't a recognized term. Lots of random places say "super ideal" and it doesn't mean anything. WHen we say "super ideal" we mean branded stones that are cut to ideal proportions (beyond GIA XXX or even AGS 000). The only people who cut stones like this are whiteflash "a cut above", HPD "crafted by infinity", and brian gavin diamonds (I believe it's their "Black" or "signature" line, but I am less familiar with them overall).

EDIT. If you want to buy from brilliance.com you certainly can, but you will need to look at each individual stone to make sure they have ideal proportions, etc. Their pre-made eternity bands will not have anywhere near the same cut quality as WF, HPD, etc. There's a reason they don't have a great reputation--largely because some of the stones they sell are poor quality.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The closest I could find color and size wise:

It's a nice one, but FYI these aren't individually graded stones, nor will @teslagirl1234 be able to choose them. Just trying to make sure she's comparing apples to apples in terms of understanding what she would get from each vendor, pros and cons, etc.

anon34985

Shiny_Rock
I loved Costco until they flagged my account for too many returns. From online. Sight unseen. Really do want super ideal stones though.

Wow!!! That's extremely annoying, they should have given a warning or something, like stop returning or we'll flag your account! :x2

teslagirl1234

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Wow!!! That's extremely annoying, they should have given a warning or something, like stop returning or we'll flag your account! :x2

I don’t think it was even that many returns, maybe 5? I was comparing rings and bracelets. Ended up keeping one 7 ct bracelet I later sold .

Last edited:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don’t think it was even that many returns, maybe 5? I was comparing rings and bracelets. Ended up keeping one 7 ct bracelet I later sold on eBay.

I do have one 1.8 ct eternity band I am selling if anyone is interested.Diamonds are good to very good cut though. Stones came from an overpriced $4900 blue Nile 2 ct heart pendant. Photo attached. 6.25 size. Platinum custom low height setting. View attachment 756273

Unfortunately you aren't allowed to talk about selling things in this forum. You can post in the pre-loved section!

teslagirl1234

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Unfortunately you aren't allowed to talk about selling things in this forum. You can post in the pre-loved section!

Did not know
Will post there

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'd say that ideal cut stones are totally fine for an eternity ring. Melee stones under .30 generally are not graded individually. That will really run up your price. Here's what I would do since you have eliminated some of the usual options.

I'd definitely get a quote from HPD for a band of their I color ideal cut 15 pointers in your ring size. You won't find a higher quality band than that. The Tiffany band looks terrific. I am pretty sure those stones are about 15 points. I love the Tiffany low-set basket setting, also.

Last edited:

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mine is from WF. 2.3 ct ACA’s of perfection.

headlight

Ideal_Rock
Have you contacted Brian Gavin Diamonds? They are super ideals and have gorgeous bands. They can do whatever color you want. And they do a whole line with fluorescence so you could match your e-ring. To keep cost down, I would not do full eternity. They damage on the underside easily, are not comfortable, and cannot be sized down the road.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The closest I could find color and size wise:

Watch out for bluenile eternities. I found he whole ring constructed to high for me. I think WF BGD AND HP can construct it to sit lower on your finger and nicer prongs and setting. Sits nicer next to ering. Just my preference. Not sure if you care.

teslagirl1234

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Have you contacted Brian Gavin Diamonds? They are super ideals and have gorgeous bands. They can do whatever color you want. And they do a whole line with fluorescence so you could match your e-ring. To keep cost down, I would not do full eternity. They damage on the underside easily, are not comfortable, and cannot be sized down the road.

Yes sent request but no one ever got back to me so went with HPD.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results