shape
carat
color
clarity

Super Ideal Cut, IF, F vs. Ideal Cut, VS2, E

Confidemus

Rough_Rock
Just bought an engagement ring with a GIA certificate with a 0.70ct diamond with a Super Ideal Cut, Internally Flawless Clarity and F Colour. I was delighted with the price. It was a little more than some others but I thought it was worth the extra to get the better clarity and cut. Theres just something really nice about owning a flawless diamond!

However I noticed after I bought it that there was an Ideal Cut, VS2 Clarity, E Colour for £300 less. Wondering now if I bought the wrong one?

What do you guys think? Should I just be happy with the one I got? You can drive yourself nuts changing your mind all the time!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Depends if you prefer IF or VS2. I don't think you will notice much difference in color. If they were the same size, I would take the IF just because they are more rare. Sounds like a win win either way!

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
I'd go with the less expensive one but that is only because I wouldn't want to pay for something I can't appreciate (and to me I don't appreciate the difference between an IF and VS2)

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
It would be good to know:

a) generally, how they define super ideal vs ideal, and
b) the specific proportions of each, whether or not those proportions (one would guess) are what separates (a) apart...

Ira Z.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
The term super ideal is not a true cut grade. What prompts you to use it? Can you post the lab report numbers of both stones?

MissStepcut

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I woudnt be wowed by the idea of owning an IF diamond, because that just reflects a lack of visible flaws at a certain power of magnification. I am happy with diamonds that are "internally flawless" to the magnification level "my naked eye."

Confidemus

Rough_Rock
I've just received a phone call to say that the diamond I bought is no longer available so I'm back to square one. Could bloody punch the wall. :angryfire:

Confidemus

Rough_Rock
I've just received a phone call to say that the diamond I bought is no longer available so I'm back to square one. Could bloody punch the wall. :angryfire:

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Confidemus|1316017401|3017387 said:

Not sure if this is the right turn of phrase, but to say the above..."the diamond you bought / is no longer available" seems an oxymoron.

a) Did they say how that happened?
b) How it wouldn't happen again?
c) If they can't answer (b), you better get your money back.
d) If they can answer (b), they better apologize for not applying to (a), and maybe more than apologize.

edited to add...you guys...

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/diamond-from-eternity-diamonds.165654/
may want to talk to each other...

Ira Z.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How could a diamond you bought be unavailable? Had you already paid for it?

Confidemus

Rough_Rock
It was diamondmanufacturers.co.uk. It was on their site to buy and they phoned and said they are updating their site in the next 2 weeks to remove GIA diamonds as they no longer have them in stock. I got a refund. Absolute joke though, very disappointing.

chrism099

Rough_Rock
Hey Buddy,

Just wondered how you got on with the ring from diamondmanufacturers? I'm having a ring specially comissioned there at the minute with a 0.81ct Super Ideal Cut and 2 trillion sides, they have assured me the super ideal cut on the centre stone is comparable to the AGS triple zero and will have brilliance and scintillation just like and AGS 000 (I'm hoping for hearts and arrows personally!) but like one of the experts on here posted "super ideal" doesn't really exist and I'm not so sure they not just full of s**t and their "graduate" gemologist needs to go back to school!? Anyway I just wondered if you had received the ring yet from them and if you were happy with it? Maybe you could post some pictures?

What was that about them removing GIA diamonds too?! This company seems to have a brilliant customer satisfaction record but I had some pretty big alarm bells :errrr: :errrr: so far so I'm obviously concerned after reading about your experience (god bless google)!

Anyway let me know what you think of your ring and I do hope your proposal went or goes well! :love:

Best Regards,

Chris

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results