shape
carat
color
clarity

Sunday Luncheon Reception: Smaller Portions? Dancing?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

brendaman

Shiny_Rock
We''re planning on having our ceremony, cocktail hour and then sit-down luncheon at a hotel. The ceremony will probably start at 1pm and will only last no more than 30 minutes. The hotel wedding packages we''ve been looking at assumes it''s going to be a dinner, so we''re looking at the cocktail hour with passed hors d''oerves and some have cheese and fruit displays. Then there is the seated 3-course meal with the typical entrees of chicken, filet mignon, sea bass. We''re planning ot have the cake for guests and then after some dancing, we''re going to have a pastries bar. Of course, we''re going to do open bar and champagne toasts.

Is this all too much for a Sunday aftenoon? Should we scale back the food? Would it be weird having people dancing on a Sunday afternoon? We''re planning to have a band (probably only 5 piece as a band with a horn section may be too much).

We only have a few people flying into the DC area from the West Coast, so they would probably have to take a Monday off, but the rest of the guests of our small wedding (we''re inviting about 80 people) will be from the East Coast with the farthest about a 4-5 hour drive away.

Oh, and yes, we are on a budget as this is not one of those Platinum Weddings, but since this is a relatively small wedding, we can afford to go bigger on some things (e.g. food, band, etc.).

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
I don''t think it''s too much! I''m having a Sunday luncheon wedding, and we''re going all-out with food. I think we missed an opportunity to save some money with that, but the tasting was SO good we couldn''t narrow it down, and I''m sure our guests will eat it all.

We''re also going to have dancing, but we''re not going to try to keep the floor packed and boogying all afternoon long. It will be more low-key, probably a lot of jazz and swing music mixed with crowd favorites, so people can mingle or dance as they feel like doing.

I say, don''t worry so much about what you "should" do, and just do what you want to do. It sounds like your wedding is going to be lovely, and if you think your guests will have a good time, they probably will!

buttercup80

Shiny_Rock
My wedding was a Sunday afternoon and we had "dinner" and dancing! Our ceremony was @ 12:30, immediately followed by cocktail hour and then our meal... I don''t think anyone thought it was odd - we had a great time!

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
I personally don''t think its weird either. The way you have things arranged right now sounds great!

amcgookin

Shiny_Rock
I don''t think this sounds like too much at all. Love the band idea... sounds like lots of fun!

We are getting married this coming April on a Sunday and the ceremony is going to be at 10:30am. We are having a cocktail hour with tray passed hor dourves, open bar the whole cocktail hour & reception, 3 course lunch, cake, a candy table and DJ with dancing! We are planning on having a grand time. I don''t expect the dance floor to get crazy with dancing, but I am sure we will be out there. We are also going to have a lounge area for those who just want to mingle and not do the dancing thing.

I think you are good... I would say do what you want and not worry about what is right or wrong. Have a great wedding!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results