shape
carat
color
clarity

Sun Jewelry EGL Certified....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

armylynn

Rough_Rock
Hello everyone, just wondering what everyone thought of this diamond. The pic is of the diamond and I can tell there is a faint tint to it, but that will not bother me. Please let me know what you think and I appreciate your help!!

Diamond Specifications:
Item Id: 74301902D
Shape: Princess
Carat Weight: 1.51
Color: J
Clarity: VS2
Certified By: EGLUSA

Measurements: 6.05 x 5.8 x 4.72mm
Depth: 81.4
Table: 68
Polish: VG
Symmetry: VG
Culet: N
Girdle: vtn-stk
Fluorescence: F

horizonwholesale 2.jpg

:)

Brilliant_Rock
Hiya ArmyLynn - I wondered what happened to you! How are things over there?

I will defer most of the princess comments to those better with princess cuts, but right away I am concerned about the very thin portion of the girdle - Princess shapes have sharp corners which are at risk/prone to chipping - I would avoid v thin for that reason.

Brilliant_Rock
Gee ArmyLynn - as I am looking, that stone looks deep - it is not facing up like a 1.5 carat - it is facing up smaller (diameter for weight)

armylynn

Rough_Rock
Hey there, I appreciate your response. I have still been lurking here just been busy with work...my husband and I are still deployed and I have been spending every minute I can looking for rings....Can I just say I want them all? Everyone''s rings are so beautiful and unique...I work with a bunch of guys here and they keep saying I am totally obsessed...I am sure quite a few of us know that feeling
36.gif
I will definatley have to start posting more, I have spent quite a while just drooling over the show me your ring folder.
30.gif

Brilliant_Rock
Heh Heh, no one will call you obsessed here! Feel free to obsess away!
3.gif

Are they doing anything special for you guys for the holidays over there?

Brilliant_Rock
Hee hee - I just realized we have the same avatar - it looks like a bunch of posts in a row by one person! LOL!

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
hey, lynn, just wondering how much for this stone?

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''d also be a little concerned about the EGL J color. EGL is known to be a little softer on grading so it could be a GIA or AGS K-L. I personally would not go that low in color for a fancy stone even if it''s a true J, princess cut stones don''t hide it like a round does and it will probably have some warmth that can be seen. I''d definitely want to see it person b/f buying.

I''ll let the princess experts cover the rest b/c I definetely am not one
1.gif

armylynn

Rough_Rock
The price on this stone is $4515.

We did get to have a Christmas party, but I didn''t get to go because I work night shift...gotta love the luck. They have been trying to get people into the Christmas spirit by decorating with little trees everywhere, and they will have a big meal for Christmas....they had one for thanksgiving also and it was pretty cool. Still not the same as being home...but they try. We also have a lot of people from organizations back home send us packages with goodies....so here comes the extra Christmas pounds...LOL

I thought I had read that EGL is a little softer on their color grading, so I am not 100% sure. I have been good and I have been checking out EVERY pricescope vendor also....I am trying to go for a princess cut center with princess cut sapphires on both sides...(the blue in the sapphires is for my husband and I) I know EVENTUALLY I will find exactly what I like...the problem is I want them all...I have already changed my mind about 10 times and raised our budget about another $2000....hubby is being great though, he just wants to spoil me and make me happy....

armylynn

Rough_Rock
Just a bump....hope everyone had a good Christmas!!

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
Hi,

I am not an expert, but would LOVE to help...so here are my thoughts:

I have an "I" in a GIA Square Emerald Cut (aka Asscher). Only in some lights can I see the color. However, I recently looked at an EGL-USA J, in another Asscher cut diamond, and KNEW it was too faint of a yellow for me. While princess cut stones are a bit different, many that have posted already have noted that they do show color more than rounds. I would look at the diamond. However, I am not sure if this is possible unless you live in Los Angeles (I believe that is their main center)...If you are looking for a bigger size (around 1.5 range) I would keep looking and perhaps find a (1.3-1.4 GIA J)...

Good Luck!

JET

Rough_Rock
As one other stated, the high percentage of depth makes the diamond look smaller than it actually is. I am looking for princess cuts right now too and they are tricky! It seems like there are more variables than some of the other cuts.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results