carat
color
clarity

Summer Blockbusters

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I thought there wa a newer thread (2012) than this one....

OKOK.

I've seen Argo and SkyFall. Enjoyed both, thoroughly.

Anyone else??

cheers--Sharon

audball

Ideal_Rock
We saw Pitch Perfect and Wreck It Ralph in the last few weeks. Both were very good, funny. Funnier than we expected based on the previews.

LJL

Brilliant_Rock
Movies I NEED to see....

Lincoln (next week, right?) - SO and I are both OBSESSED with American History and Lincoln is his favorite Prez
Taken 2 (been out for weeks - gonna just wait for Redbox)
Looper- same as Taken 2.. .so lazy

I am not a James Bond person - SO went to see Skyfall with the guys a couple days ago. I also refuse to see Argo and have Ben Affleck ruined for me with that stupid stupid hair!
...ALSO - finally going to see Magic Mike since it just came out on Redbox! Yes, I am this pathetic. I have been waiting for my friends to be available so we can watch it privately without any boys and drink lots and lots.

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Saw Skyfall and The Sessions. Enjoyed both, but especially The Sessions.

amc80

Ideal_Rock
There are so many movies we want to see- Lincoln, Skyfall, Wreck it Ralph, and Pitch Perfect...and I'm sure others as well. We are big movie people. But it's pretty impossible to make it to the movies with a 3 month old!

Chewbacca

Brilliant_Rock
I'm dying to see The Master and The Hobbit!

I've recently enjoyed Your Sister's Sister and Looper.

I'm nervous about Lincoln after watching the trailer! :errrr:

hoover

Shiny_Rock
Saw Taken 2 a couple weeks ago - meh...

Watched SkyFall last night - I thought it was pretty good. DH loved it and how the directors paid homage to the Sean Connery James Bond stuff (meh, he's a dude :roll: )

I want to watch Wreck it Ralph, but the only showings in the theatres near me are in 3D butI don't do 3D (I get headaches/motion sickness so Avatar was a really tough movie for me to sit through :blackeye: )

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
I can't wait until The Hobbit!

I saw Looper and wasn't that impressed (but I was expecting more of a time travel movie, not a characterization movie, so some of it was due to foiled expectations).

I also saw The Man with the Iron Fists, which was awesome. Total throwback to the old, classic kung fu movies and really entertaining. Very Tarantino-esque (not surprising as Rza spent a month watching Tarantino direct and taking notes), and very gory, but really good.

Along those veins was The Expendables 2 (if you like entertaining action flicks, which I do, it's in that genre), and I also saw Sinister, which was ok as a horror movie.

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I am looking forward to The Hobbit, too, as well as Les Mis.

I don't do 3D either, Hoover. In my (admittedly small) experience, it is headache and nausea inducing while not adding much to the experience. Perhaps my mind is just too accustomed to interpret flat movies to adjust.

Chewbacca

Brilliant_Rock
How could I forget - The Great Gatsby! :love: :love:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Saw the Hobbit in 3D. Odd, but those characters look younger than they did 10 years ago....I realize Elves never age....but look younger??? :bigsmile:

Enjoyed it other than it being about 1/2 too long...repeating the same lines...

cheers--Sharon

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results