carat
color
clarity

Summer 2016 Blockbusters

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
....and I don't mean politics! :cheeky:

What movies are on your list...or have you already seen??

Captain America.

And Finding Dori is on the agenda for today.

you?

cheers--Sharon

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Finding Dory. That's pretty much it I think. Tho, I'm not really sure what else is coming out.

The Shallows, I'd like to see that, but not sure if it will come around here.

ETA Forgot we're going to see Dory tonight when London's done w/the theater matinee this afternoon. yay!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Let me know what you think of Finding Dori, PR!

I want to see Love and Friendship--doubtful, however, it would be considered a "blockbuster". :bigsmile:

cheers--Sharon

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Finding Dory is playing here already... at the Drive-In theater! Our daughter is 4 now, so I'm thinking we'll take her to see it this week. Maybe (just maybe) she will watch 10 minutes of it.

Other than that, Ghostbusters (comes out in early July) is the only movie I really want to see this summer. I so rarely go to the theater, it takes something major to get me to set foot in one.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
We are like that too, Monnie. We hardly ever go. I heard they were releasing Jaws back into the theaters for the summer but I'm guessing that's a limited run for only bigger cities. I'd love to see that on a big screen.

It's JD's day off today and it's Father's Day, but one of the informants JD worked w/is graduating from Drug Court tonight and asked JD if he would come so the kids will be excited we're going to the late movie ha! The movie's not going anywhere, we don't have school/work tomorrow, and this kid is really pushing to turn his life around and make something of himself so I'd rather JD go and support him.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, that's so nice, Packie! People need all the support they can get, and what a cool thing for JD to do, as a LEO, and as a dad, on Father's Day. You are one lucky lady!

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Crazy cat lady here :wavey: I'm dying to see KEANU - gangsta kitten :love: :love: :love:

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
haha I was just telling JD I wanted to see that! I couldn't remember what it was called tho.

Waiting for the 9pm showing meant it was 3D aaaand I can't do 3D so now we have to wait till we're all together again.

rainwood

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Saw 'Finding Dory' this weekend. I thought it was quite good, maybe not quite as good as 'Finding Nemo' but definitely worth seeing. We took a 4-year old and she enjoyed it too.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Already seen:

Deadpool: Loved it.
Batman versus Superman: Liked it, would have to see again to decide if I loved it.
Captain America: Had huge issues: disappointing. Bright spot: Black Panther rocked.
X-Men: Apocalypse: Liked it but didn't love it.

TO see:

Secret Life of Pets: CAN'T WAIT.
Finding Dory: Seeing this WEEK!
Ghostbusters: Will wait to rent.
Star Trek Beyond: Can't wait!
Suicide Squad: DH can't wait. I think it will be funny.
Doctor Strange: Looking forward to it.
Long-Assed-JK Rowling Movie Title: Will wait for reviews to decide if we'll see in theaters.
Star Wars: Rogue One: DH can't wait. I'll be along for the ride.
Assasin's Creed: We'll wait to see reviews to see if we'll watch it.
Angry Birds: We'll wait to rent.
Jason Bourne: likely to watch, but will wait for reviews.
Whiskey Tango Foxtrol: Will wait to rent it, it's only out to purchase right now.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I enjoyed Finding Dory--although, IMHO, it would be difficult to fill Finding Nemo's (big) shoes.

cheers--Sharon

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I saw Love and Friendship. Really like it.

manderz

Brilliant_Rock
Just saw Central Intelligence. It was hilarious!! I love Kevin Hart, and Dwayne Johnson killed it. Aaron Paul's part, small as it was, was a very bright spot, especially if you've seen Breaking Bad.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gypsy|1466405025|4045863 said:
Already seen:

Deadpool: Loved it. YEP
Batman versus Superman: Liked it, would have to see again to decide if I loved it. WASN'T AS BAD AS I THOUGHT IT WOULD BE.
Captain America: Had huge issues: disappointing. Bright spot: Black Panther rocked. YEP, AND LOVED SPIDERLING
X-Men: Apocalypse: Liked it but didn't love it. LIKED IT MORE THAN CAP AMERICA

TO see:

Secret Life of Pets: CAN'T WAIT. KIDS WILL LIKE
Star Trek Beyond: Can't wait! YEP
Suicide Squad: DH can't wait. I think it will be funny. ON THE FENCE. MORE OF A MARVEL FAN.
Doctor Strange: Looking forward to it. YEP
Star Wars: Rogue One: DH can't wait. I'll be along for the ride. YEP
Assasin's Creed: We'll wait to see reviews to see if we'll watch it. LIKE FASSBENDER. WANNA SEE.
Jason Bourne: likely to watch, but will wait for reviews. CAN'T WAIT.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ohhh I forgot there's a new ST movie...I'll have to wait till it's on video tho-JD is not a fan. He'll watch it, just not spend the money to see it in the theater.

NTave

Shiny_Rock
We loved Dory! It was a good sequel to Nemo, with its own intertwining story.
We don't have any others on the list, but we hit a drive in once a summer so we will see one more movie.

manderz

Brilliant_Rock
packrat|1466477256|4046176 said:
Ohhh I forgot there's a new ST movie...I'll have to wait till it's on video tho-JD is not a fan. He'll watch it, just not spend the money to see it in the theater.

I can't wait! It's gonna be so good :lol: :lol:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Star Trek Beyond for sure!

Pretty much everything else I'll wait until it comes out on VOD. I have better popcorn, more comfortable seating and a lot less noise. :lol:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Bump.

Any updates moviegoers???

cheers--Sharon

BeekeeperBetty

Shiny_Rock
Premium
We saw Finding Dory. Meh. The kids laughed at the end, but they didn't seem to really love it. As soon as we got in the car, my husband says to me: "Well, at least you won't have to watch it over and over like you did Nemo." That pretty much sums it up. It was OK, but I don't think it's going to be a favorite.

We need to see the BFG, also. My kids have all been huge Roald Dahl fans.

Other than that, I haven't seen anything that I'm interested in this summer.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Secret life of pets was cute. B+
Star Trek Beyond was good A-

Haven't seen Finding Dory. May wait till video at this point.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My dh and I haven't been to the movie theaters in years. However just yesterday my dh told me there is a movie coming out next month he thinks that we might want to see. About cats but he doesn't know any more than that. Just tried googling cat movie August 2016...maybe the movie my dh is talking about is "Nine Lives". Will keep this thread posted if we actually see it.

Caf, thank you for the recommendation of Love and Friendship. I love Jane Austen and am looking forward to this being released on Video/Cable/Netflix at some point.

Amber St. Clare

Brilliant_Rock
I have a deal with myself this weekend. If I get to the gym today and tomorrow I can go to Absolutely Fabulous tomorrow night.

Other than that there isn't anything I want to see.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Amber St. Clare|1469272685|4058557 said:
I have a deal with myself this weekend. If I get to the gym today and tomorrow I can go to Absolutely Fabulous tomorrow night.

Other than that there isn't anything I want to see.

Let us know your review--I have been thinking of adding this to my list, also.

cheers--Sharon

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a few hours to spare in LA on Fri 29 July and shall go and see Star Trek Beyond locally - salted popcorn drizzled with butter sauce here I come!

DK :bigsmile:

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Saw Star Trek Beyond with DH this morning - we both thoroughly enjoyed it - I think all of the movies in this particular Star Trek series have been solid, though my favorite is still the first one in 2009.

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
DH & I just watched Star Trek Beyond. :clap: We both really enjoyed it! :appl:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Star Trek beyond - so fun!!! I grew up with Star Wars and was a die hard fan but this generation's iconic space series is definitely Star Trek. It is just so much cooler, more fresh, more complex and poignant than the Star Wars reboot. I was never a Shatner-Star Trek fan but Chris Pine has redeemed the character in my book.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Oh man, I haven't seen anything recently!

I want to see-
Secret Life of Pets
Finding Dory
SS
SB

I don't want to see Ghostbusters. Ill wait until Netflix or rent it

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is sad to know the young talent actor who played Chekov in the last 2 Star Trek films had died of a freak accident, and the character is unlikely to be re-cast.

I guess they will not be re-making the old Star Trek IV - Voyage Home then (my favourite ST film of all time).

R.I.P. Anton Yelchin.

DK :((

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results