carat
color
clarity

Suggestions pls! Wedding Jewelry $2k Budget

CoffeeAndDiamonds

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Hi Everyone,

You all helped me so much with my engagement ring - I'm forever thankful for this, and still can't stop staring at my ring. =)2

If you would be so kind, I'm back with another request! My Oma and Opa had bought me savings bonds when I was a kid every year for most holidays. Luckily enough, I never needed to use the money for university, loans, emergencies, etc. I had planned to use them to purchase my wedding dress, but I unexpectedly found a preowned Ines Di Santo dress I love for $300 (!!!). So, I thought I might splurge on a lovely piece of jewelry for my wedding day. Hopefully something that I could pass on to my daughter or granddaughter way down the line.

If you had $2k to spend on wedding day jewelry, what would you buy? I love old cuts, antiques, yellow and rose gold. Any suggestions welcome!

... And I've attached a recent pic of my ring, since it's been a while and my family/friends have long since gotten sick of seeing pictures:lol:
20180112_173732.jpg

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bands? A diamond in a bezel pendant that you could wear on the day? A diamond bracelet? What would you like?

CoffeeAndDiamonds

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I think I'd like earrings the most, although studs make me a bit nervous. Maybe a necklace? I love shield cuts! That don't seem to be very common, so not sure how feasible earring or a necklace with them would be.

dkata

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I really can’t tell you, what you should buy, but if I were you, I would buy something, that you can wear daily after the wedding, i.e. a solitaire pendant or studs, or maybe a pearl set. With 2000 USD you could buy a really nice set from Pearl Paradise.

jadesilver

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I’d get a pair of old cut studs in yellow or rose gold. i’d definitely pick something you can wear daily. The hexagon necklace is lovely too. Why do earrings make you nervous? Could get screw-on backs and I personally use tight rubber backs so they’re super comfortable and could never fall off.

leukolenos

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I like the idea of old cut studs. Why do the studs make you nervous? With $2k they wouldn’t be huge but they wouldn’t be tiny either.

I just think it’s great to be able to wear them every day! And if you wanted more of a big look for the wedding day, you could have pearl paradise make you some detachable pearl drops.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you dont have the basics yet (diamond pendant, earrings, bracelet) I would get something you could wear everyday after the wedding. A diamond
pendant would be a nice option if it works with your dress.

ladyonthelake

Shiny_Rock
Premium
What style is your dress? What's the neckline?

Do you know if you'll wear your hair up or down?

I think if it was a strap less dress, halter, or some type of lower neckline I would go for a pendant that would work with the dress.

Second choice would be earrings if wearing hair in a way that would highlight them.

Love your ER by the way! So unique and beautiful!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That JBG pendant would be fabulous with your ring! All depends on your dress. If you aren't planning to wear a necklace, I think earrings are an obvious choice. The only thing is, earrings to go with a wedding dress often are not wearable casually.

RetroTreeGal

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Just popping in to say you have a kick ass ring, OP! I vote that hex pendant.

Crazie4Cuts

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Your ER is really beautiful and unique! I go with Snowdrop & RetroTreeGal recommendation with JBG hex diamond necklace (although I would try to negotiate price...you never know unless you ask. I think that it has been in Grace's inventory for awhile). The hex diamond necklace would match your ring and it would be wearable after the wedding!

-C4C

CoffeeAndDiamonds

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Thank you all so much for the suggestions! There are so many good options here - can we just elope so I can spend the entire wedding budget on these lovelies??? Only 80% joking :lol:

I LOVE that bangle! Definitely on the shortlist! The necklace is fab too, but FI and I already discussed getting matching earrings & necklace made for future anniversaries (how did I get so lucky?!)

Oooo those are super pretty!! I feel like I would wear them quite regularly. Also makes the list!

I love the idea of bringing in the "something blue" ! Ooooo that bracelet is totally my style!! Must email the seller for pics of it modeled!!

I’d get a pair of old cut studs in yellow or rose gold. i’d definitely pick something you can wear daily. The hexagon necklace is lovely too. Why do earrings make you nervous? Could get screw-on backs and I personally use tight rubber backs so they’re super comfortable and could never fall off.

I've lost more than one or two stud earrings, since I tend to wear them 24/7, and then don't notice when they fall out :oops2: Are rubber backs more secure? If so, I definitely need to buy some!!

http://www.jewelsbygrace.com/84ctw-old-mine-cut-clover-stud-earrings-rose-gold

So pretty! I really like that clover setting.
I know Adam at OWD has been cranking out lots of new stud pairs so it would be worth calling him to see what he can do for you.

I would love the idea of studs if I wouldn't have to worry about them falling out! And I really like that setting!! I'm a bit torn between getting something smaller now, or holding out for larger ones :lol-2: (like 1 ct. each).

If you dont have the basics yet (diamond pendant, earrings, bracelet) I would get something you could wear everyday after the wedding. A diamond
pendant would be a nice option if it works with your dress.

What style is your dress? What's the neckline?

Do you know if you'll wear your hair up or down?

I think if it was a strap less dress, halter, or some type of lower neckline I would go for a pendant that would work with the dress.

Second choice would be earrings if wearing hair in a way that would highlight them.

Love your ER by the way! So unique and beautiful!

That JBG pendant would be fabulous with your ring! All depends on your dress. If you aren't planning to wear a necklace, I think earrings are an obvious choice. The only thing is, earrings to go with a wedding dress often are not wearable casually.

My dress is a strapless ballgown with all over sparkles/crystal-like-embellishments. I'm planning to wear my hair up, so earrings should work! Would anyone know if it's allowable to post pics of the dress? I'd love to hear your opinions on what would work particularly well with it - especially since i like so many of these options!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/GIA-Certif...120006?hash=item4d6ce04986:g:YD8AAOSwtGlZCJlx

Here's a Shield on ebay close to your budget! Of course you would need the setting but you don't see these very often so I thought I'd pass it along.

:love::love::love::love:

Oh! Also regarding pearls - I have quite a few freshwater & saltwater pearl earrings and necklaces. None of them are particularly expensive, but I do like and wear them a lot - so trying to stay away from pearls to grow my selection (which is sooo hard when you know you like something!)

Thanks again for all your suggestions, advice, and compliments!!!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty!!! I personally* feel like it needs a chunky/larger necklace to go with it (of course depends on your style). If that's the case it would
make more sense to get a costume/faux necklace and maybe concentrate on earrings or a bracelet. All depends on your style though!

Edit...I guess I'm thinking maybe something like this??? I dont know, there are so many pretty statement
pieces that would go with your dress...
necklace and earrings.PNG

Or if you want to go with a pearl look (I dont feel pearls are the best option with your dress though because I think
of pearls as more classic/traditional and I dont get that feel when I look at your dress.)
pearl look.PNG

But like I said, so many beautiful options to go with your dress!

Last edited:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! I think I'd go for statement earrings and no necklace. But my inclination is to go with high quality fashion earrings such as Berricle, who has some beautiful choices for a reasonable price (and there are many sources). I don't think I'd spend the money on those in real diamonds just due to it not being wearable often. I was at first thinking of something like a diamonds by the yard bracelet for your fine jewelry purchase, but I now don't think that will go well with your dress.

But I also kind of agree with tyty that your dress might look best with a couple of bolder sparkly jewels, and that would mean fashion jewelry. But not earrings, necklace, and bracelet, or it might be overkill.

Last edited:

TreeScientist

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I second (or third... or fourth) the stud recommendation! You could get a really nice set in the .75 ctw range with platinum setting for $2000. And I think this would be the most versatile.

As for the being nervous about losing them, have you heard of these backs?:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01E9IXFBY/_encoding=UTF8?coliid=I3C3QJ3D7ICIDR&colid=12L5S75WTEX1S&psc=1

As a man, I personally don't wear earrings, but my mom uses these backs on her earrings and swears by them. She's pretty rough on her earrings and rarely takes them off, and has not lost a single earring in the past few years of using these. She recommended that if I buy studs for my fiancee, then I should definitely get these for security.

You could also pay a bit extra to get the studs upgraded to a screw or la pousette backing, but I think the above backs would be more than adequate.

rockysalamander

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How about these sapphires if the color suits you. Then, have DK bezel set them, then have leverbacks not hooks.

https://blaze-n-gems.myshopify.com/...2-14-tcw-vvs-teal-green-pair-fire-ball-luster
https://blaze-n-gems.myshopify.com/...3-tcw-pear-cut-color-change-sapphire-unheated
https://www.etsy.com/listing/575244...ga_search_query=pair&ref=shop_items_search_17
https://www.etsy.com/listing/575163...ga_search_query=pair&ref=shop_items_search_18

r6793-cushion-diamond-earrings-b.jpg

ladyonthelake

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Beautiful dress!!! Just my opinion.... but since your dress has a lot of sparkle going on already at the top and that beautiful neckline, I would either go with a very simple pendant or skip the it altogether and let the earrings be your jewelry. :) I wouldn't want a necklace that would take away from the beautiful features you already have in your dress competing with it on your neck/chest. Just my opinion though. :)

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I also agree with @ladyonthelake suggestion. Your wedding dress looks gorgeous on you. The great thing about diamond studs or a simple diamond pendant is they work with any outfit.

Sorry for the threadjack

@ladyonthelake I smile every time I see your beautiful avatar! The young girl looks exactly like one of my nieces when she was young. It’s a beautiful picture.

ladyonthelake

Shiny_Rock
Premium
@Calliecake , that's so funny too about my girl looking like your niece. I get comments all the time from people saying"your daughter looks just like...." I guess she just has one of those faces. :)

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
9FE3CC9B-F5F4-4736-AB19-A010A07CDE9E.png 2C4FC57D-145F-4656-85AB-9BC450AB2C86.png Either Of the above. The earrings would be a splurge but both items you can wear all the time after the wedding.

Sabrina31

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Oh that is a beautiful dress and you will be beautiful on the day.
Personally i'm a less is more girl, so i would stick with a quality earring that's fairly simple, either a drop, dangle or stud, and no necklace.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results