shape
carat
color
clarity

Suggestions please?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mrs Mitchell

Ideal_Rock

Hi, wonder if someone could offer some suggestions or ideas please?

A friend has very (very!) kindly told me to pick out something from Diamonds by Lauren as a late birthday +Christmas gift. My budget is $4k.

What would you choose?

I''m thinking about rhr or earrings or maybe just a loose stone to have set when I can afford it. I love radiants and cushions at the moment and I''m not particularly color sensitive. I do like the lighter yellows but not sure they would look good with my very pale pinkish skin tones. Any thoughts?

Would appreciate any ideas or advice.
Thanks in advance,

Jen

1.gif

avlis

Shiny_Rock
does it have to come from Diamonds by Lauren?

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
I don''t know....earrings are nice, but she won''t be able to see them herself. I don''t know if that''s a factor. I prefer to wear my diamonds where *I* can see them, LOL! I think $4 would be a nice budget for a yellow and white diamond RHR. Maybe two small yellow radients with white diamonds on the shank.

Mrs Mitchell

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/4/2007 11:19:43 AM
Author: avlis
does it have to come from Diamonds by Lauren?
Apparently it does, for some unknown reason! Since it''s a gift and a very generous one at that, I really don''t want to be difficult. Happy to go with DBL, I love their website and I would have looked there anyway.

Lumpkin, good point about being able to see a rhr - I have been known to take my WF studs off to gaze at when I''m bored at work and it seems to worry my colleagues a little.

I think a warm colour or light yellow radiant might be nice, possible in a split shank band? My Ering and wedding band are very plain- would be a nice contrast.

Any other suggestions/ opinions on stones in my price range would be very gratefully received.

Jen
1.gif

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
I would choose an eternity band, either all diamonds or with some colored stones mixed with diamonds.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just wanted to say that we all need more friends like this! Wow!
6.gif
9.gif

ebonykawai

Shiny_Rock
Oooooh, do they have any loose diamonds you like? $4K is a nice start on a new ring!

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
Do you wear much blue? This would be yummy as a RHR!
http://rockdiamond.com/index.php?crn=199&rn=342&action=show_detail

For loose stones, if you wanted something warm, this pear looks like a really nice cut...
http://rockdiamond.com/index.php?crn=207&rn=401&action=show_detail
Or this cushion
http://rockdiamond.com/index.php?crn=207&rn=653&action=show_detail

Or this light yellow http://rockdiamond.com/index.php?crn=207&rn=364&action=show_detail in this split shank halo http://rockdiamond.com/index.php?crn=211&rn=471&action=show_detail

Have fun choosing!

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
I am not much for yellow stones, but I would love a pink diamond, or sapphire in rose gold... I will browse DBL for some pics..

can I say, WOW what a totally generous gift!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
You lucky girl, that very generous of your friend. Can''t wait to see what you choose!!!

Mrs Mitchell

Ideal_Rock
Thank you everyone for the ideas. I''m really excited about this project, it is a generous gift from a wonderful friend and I know how lucky I am!

Of the suggestions made, I could take one of each, happily! Especially that sapphire (DH would kill me, I got a 3 stone sapphire rhr for Christmas!)

I never thought about a pear at all, until I looked at the one MustanGal posted- thank you. That stone really spoke to me. It said "set me in a pendant" so I emailed David at DBL and hopefully a simple setting (for now!) will bring this in close to budget.

Still leaves me craving a split shank halo rhr with a squarish / oval stone though, which got me thinking. I posted a while back when I was thinking of changing the setting of my oval pendant but decided to leave it alone. But, if I have a pear pendant, I could have the oval set into a rhr!
9.gif

Am not the most decisive woman around, but I plan to do this quickly, so I''ll post updates.

Big thanks for your help - much appreciated.

Jen

Mrs Mitchell

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/4/2007 4:30:16 PM
Author: Sophie
I am not much for yellow stones, but I would love a pink diamond, or sapphire in rose gold... I will browse DBL for some pics..

can I say, WOW what a totally generous gift!
A pink diamond would be amazing - there is a lovely .35 radiant in budget. I wonder if that size would look ok in a halo? I have quite big hands, so I don''t know if I could pull off anything too dainty!
9.gif

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
Oooh, that pear will make a beautiful pendent! I can''t wait to see what you end up with!

jayreneepea

Brilliant_Rock

Mrs Mitchell

Ideal_Rock
Thanks again for suggestions. Have decided to go with a warm white pear - either ring or pendant. Will call today and get this project rolling! David at DBL has been really helpful and I think this is going to be fun!

Will post pics as soon as they are ready!

Jen

Mrs Mitchell

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/4/2007 6:13:28 PM
Author: MustangGal
Oooh, that pear will make a beautiful pendent! I can''t wait to see what you end up with!
You were sooooo right!
2.gif

DGFSA.jpg

ebonykawai

Shiny_Rock
You got the pear!!!!!!!!! It''s BEAUTIFUL!!!!
30.gif
36.gif
30.gif
36.gif

Mrs Mitchell

Ideal_Rock
Thank you! DBL have been a joy to work with and I am one happy customer! Could not recommend them highly enough.

Jen

ebonykawai

Shiny_Rock
Is the setting white gold? How long is the chain? It''s wonderful!!

Mrs Mitchell

Ideal_Rock
18 inch chain, white gold setting. With the cutest little baguette.

Now for the matching earrings...

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW how wonderful. You must be a good friend to have such a good friend! Please post more photos when you get your lovely pear!
9.gif

Mrs Mitchell

Ideal_Rock
Thank you. I''ll post photos, but they will be blurry and odd. I have no talent for photography! The photo in this thread is from DBL and I really hope they don''t mind me posting it. No way I could resist!

Jen

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
CONGRAT! Looks lovely.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Very lovely!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I vote for eternity band or pendant...

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is just beautiful! Please do post more pictures when you can!

Mrs Mitchell

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/23/2007 10:38:04 PM
Author: diamondfan
I vote for eternity band or pendant...
Hi Diamondfan, your wish is my command!
9.gif
Please see photo above. I bumped this thread when I got pics of the finished pendant yesterday. Thanks to everyone for suggestions and nice comments.

BTW Gypsy, I love your kitty! So cute.
Jen

MiniMouse

Brilliant_Rock
Pretty pendant - congratulations and wear it often!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results