shape
carat
color
clarity

Suggestions, please, for setting tourmaline into a ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello:

Many of you were kind to respond on my other post about the authenticity of a "tourmaline" in my posession, and now might I entreat some suggestions on how to set it. At the outset I was convinced I wanted a heavy type bezel setting (aka Yurman), but now I am not so sure. I did see a newer style of his I liked, half bezel, but from his website it is really hard to print a copy of that style in great detail enough to describe to a goldsmith. I feel my verbal descripions get, somehow, lost in translation.....

I would welcome any pictures and suggestion for setting this stone. Because it does feature some color change, I thought a more open setting might show the stone to a better advantage vs. full bezel. But even still with full bezel settings, I am open to recommendations.

Again, thanking in advance for any and all suggestions.

cheers--Sharon

Camellia

Shiny_Rock
Can we see a photo of your tourmaline? I can''t remember it.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Of course, sorry.

cheers--slb

Tour12.JPG

Camellia

Shiny_Rock
I do remember it now - lovely colour. What colour gold do you want?

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I am open to any color or combos--likely I go with the latter. Yellow or pink gold (hey even green?) shank with w/g accents (bezel, etc.). It is a horrible weather day here, so being "stuck" inside I''ll cruise more websites today.

cheers--Sharon

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
For brainstorming sake
2.gif
opposed colors set each other of - so light green would make this one look great. A pair of peridot sides and a simple three-stone setting to hold them together sound terrific, IMO.

Lurchie

Shiny_Rock
I love the color of that stone! The nuances of the color might make it very versatile in terms of the color of metal you choose. I am a huge fan of rose gold for stones with warm tones. But a pink stone looks great in white gold too. I am also a bezel fan, but agree that a more open setting might show the stone off better. Check out this pink sapphire in rose gold in a basket setting (I think). Found it at www.walterarnstein.com.

walter pink.JPG

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

redsgr.JPG

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

redsbu.JPG

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can''t really tell how bis is it (and hence how much room for the rest of the ring), but a couple of unusual bezels come to mind:

Autumn-Spessartite-Ring-7.gif

egyptian-ring6.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Wonderful input from a creative bunch of folks; but for the Seiden Gang site, I confess I didn''t get much web flirting done today--but tomorrow I shall get on it!!

Great pics Ana!

Thanks for that link to Walter A--Lurchie

cheers--Sharon

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hi Ana:

Some of the contrasting accent stones you come up with are beautiful combinations. Are those apple green accent stones Peridot...Gorgeous..
10.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results