shape
carat
color
clarity

Suggestions on new setting

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pitchinwedge

Rough_Rock
Opinions on the type of settings if you''re trying to enhance "sparkle" or "size" of a diamond? I would only guess that different kinds of settings for different results?

Thought I had gotten lucky when I bought an new Tiffany style solitaire setting that was on sale. Unfortunately, the receipt for setting says 1ct while my stone is a tad larger than 1.5ct. No other details on the setting. I''ll stop by a jeweler next year
41.gif
(Jan 2), but wondering what I should look for in case I need a new setting.

Thanks!

bgray

Brilliant_Rock
i am confused --whats the problem?

Mrs W

Brilliant_Rock
If your stone does not fit then I would look at halo settings bc they add that extra size and are very blingy

Londongirl1

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/31/2009 11:48:16 PM
Author: Mrs W
If your stone does not fit then I would look at halo settings bc they add that extra size and are very blingy
+1 halos do seem to add ''finger coverage'' but I personally prefer solitaire settings especially the Tiffany style solitaire setting if you have a RB. My original ering was a micro pave split shank setting but the "size" of my diamond was definitely enhanced when I changed my setting to a solitaire

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results