shape
carat
color
clarity

Suggestions! Emerald cut diamond band

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Po10472

Brilliant_Rock
Hi. I''m a newbie to posting. I''ve been reading the forums for a month or 2 now and have been unable to find an answer to my query, hence the post.

My husband has just bought me a beautiful 5 stone emerald cut diamond ring (white gold), 5 x .35ct diamonds. I really would like to wear it along with my engagement ring which is a .5ct emerald cut twist. Unfortunately this would mean I would have to have my engagement ring re-set and as I love this ring, I don''t want to re-set it. So........see where I''m going here? I''ve decided to upgrade and purchase a new engagement ring to go with the diamond band, my husband is so thrilled (not!).
emdgust.gif

My dilemma, and where I need advice and suggestions - what setting and stone will compliment my new diamond wedding band? Here''s an example of my ring:

http://www.sndgems.com/platinumdiamondanniversaryrings315newest.htm

Your help will be much appreciated!!

Po

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/3/2007 3:04:46 AM
Author:Po10472
Hi. I'm a newbie to posting. I've been reading the forums for a month or 2 now and have been unable to find an answer to my query, hence the post.

My husband has just bought me a beautiful 5 stone emerald cut diamond ring (white gold), 5 x .35ct diamonds. I really would like to wear it along with my engagement ring which is a .5ct emerald cut twist. Unfortunately this would mean I would have to have my engagement ring re-set and as I love this ring, I don't want to re-set it. So........see where I'm going here? I've decided to upgrade and purchase a new engagement ring to go with the diamond band, my husband is so thrilled (not!).
emdgust.gif

My dilemma, and where I need advice and suggestions - what setting and stone will compliment my new diamond wedding band? Here's an example of my ring:

http://www.sndgems.com/platinumdiamondanniversaryrings315newest.htm

Your help will be much appreciated!!

Po
Welcome Po! Would be helpful if you could post picture of your e-ring, i am not sure what does "twist" mean.
Also it is not clear why your e-ring cant's be worn together with the new band, maybe all you need is a thin spacer ring between them.

Po10472

Brilliant_Rock

Hi. here''s a "bad" picture of my e-ring and wedding band. Also a pic of my new 5 diamond ring which my cousin is wearing (its currently in the US and I''m in Scotland and she''s bringing it over on the 10th April!!! Can''t wait.......seriously excited.

The jeweller I bought my 5 stone said that it would sit well with either my current e-ring or a 3-stone emerald cut.

shiny2.jpg

Po10472

Brilliant_Rock
Woah!! big picture sorry..........here''s the 5-stone

PoShiny.jpg

widget

Ideal_Rock
Hi, Po..

I guess I''m a little confused. Are planning to keep your twist ering and band (which I just LOVE, by the way), and get another ering to go with you new 5-stone EC band?

If you''re going to be looking for a new (or another) center diamond, do you have an idea of what size stone you can get?

widget

Po10472

Brilliant_Rock
hiya.

I''d really love to be able to wear my new 5-stone ring on the same finger as my engagement ring which means that I would have to get my current wedding band made into a spacer ring. Would this look weird? or, should I keep my existing set, wear it on my right hand and buy a new e-ring to compliment the 5-stone band? I would love a bigger diamond around 1ct but not sure if this would be in a 3 stone or solitaire.

dilemma!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
That five stone EC ring is a BEAUTY!!! LOVE IT! Honestly I think it would look it''s best ALONE on your hand. It''s got a lot of bling & size to it and ANY setting and ANY SIZE E-stone that would be "beefy" enough to hold it''s own ... would NOT actually look good WITH that five-stone band on the same finger. Dilemma is right! But a good one - really!
2.gif

I think I''d start wearing the five stone alone as a w-band (VERY CHIC LOOK IMO) ... and wear your original set, or just the "twist" ering alone as a right hand ring. Then, maybe if you get the itch to upgrade that down the line ... it''ll be a VERY blingy right-hand-ring!

Nice problems to have!!
1.gif
Hope time FLIES so you get that band ASAP!!!!

widget

Ideal_Rock
Well, it sounds like you have some decisions to make!

I personally would hate to mess with or alter the original ering set. To me, anyway, any changes, spacer, etc would be a step backward. I suppose I could be wrong...maybe Irina could photoshop something...

Also, the 5-stone band looks gorgeous, and certainly seems to stand on its own. Do you happen to know the size/weight of the diamonds in it?

I''m curious to hear others'' thoughts...

widget

Po10472

Brilliant_Rock
hey. thanks for your comments........like you I''m of the opinion that I don''t want to change my original e-ring/wedding ring combo. Its different, custom made and to change it would upset me, so hence the reason I''m thinking of keeping it. Until I have my 5-stone I will not make any decisions although I''ll no doubt still look online and in the jewellery shops and bore my husband senseless with it all.

The 5 stone is G, VS2, 5 x 0.35ct emerald cut diamonds. I am very happy with it and if I had bought it here in Scotland it would have cost me 6 times what I paid.

In my search for the perfect complimentary e-ring, I happened upon this today. If I had this custom made by the same jeweller I bought my 5-stone from and wore that with it........wow!!

what do you think?

emering.jpg

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
I don''t know about this one - too many emeralds together imo, your existing e-ring can be soldered with the band so they would not rotate one against the other.
here is the picture:

BypassRingEmerald1.jpg

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
And the old band will become a Right hand ring.

RHR_RHodo.jpg

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
All of your rings are lovely, but not all together. I agree that your 5 stone will look great on its own. I alternate wearing several different rings depending on my clothes, activities for the day, my other jewelry, or just my whims. Try wearing your new ring for a while. You may find one or another is just more comfortable to wear at different times, or on one hand or another.

Congratulations on that beautiful new ring. This is a delightful "problem" to have.
28.gif

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so glad you posted your 5 stone emerald band, I have been search for one forever, all I ever see is 7 stone.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results