shape
carat
color
clarity

Suggestions/Advice on giving a cat a pill....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
I am sorry if i sound completely cat-illiterate but why dont touch a pill with cat nip?

Or tell him Rascal next time you use a needle, btw it's not that hard to use a syringe.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
my experience is even with the pill pouch, i have to use one hand to open her mouth [thumb and forefinger inserted to back of jaw to open and other hand mostsly forefinger to stick the thing down her throat....then gently holding her mouth shut, i gentley stroke her chin and down her throat until she swallows said pill within pill pouch. the pill pouch merely makes it easier for me to hold and gives LaHonda a better taste. the other cats, however, love to eat any of the pill pouch that she drops....

movie zombie

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/24/2006 4:18:15 PM
Author: FireGoddess
Can you mash the pill up in some canned tuna? Whenever we try to hide the pill in food, Chloe licks all the food off the pill and leaves it there.
20.gif
So we''ve taken to grinding the pill up and mixing it in some tuna. This seems to go over well.
FG, that is exactly what I plan on doing tonight. I have a pill crusher that grinds the pill into a powder. It should work
2.gif

I''m still waiting for his tummy to settle down and for him to eat a little food, as he threw up while I was gone today.

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/24/2006 4:27:55 PM
Author: Pricescope
I am sorry if i sound completely cat-illiterate but why dont touch a pill with cat nip?

Or tell him Rascal next time you use a needle, btw it''s not that hard to use a syringe.
Hmmm, cat nip would probably make him want to play with the pill!!
3.gif

It is so much easier to use a syringe without the needle to administer liquid meds...unfortunately, this antibotic only comes in pill form for cats (and as I understand it, there is an injectable version for dogs that is not approved for cats yet) and there is no liquid form either.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Rascal...how is the pilling going? I'm going to have to pill scotty twice a day. UGH.
6.gif
He's like a greased piggy with his interfuron liquid. Plus, he only has his front four teeth and can't chew...Maybe crushing...?

reader

Brilliant_Rock
The only other thing I can add is to shut the bathroom door, and I do practice runs with my larger cat, with very cut up bits of treats. He is about 25 pounds and nearly reaches my knees, I figured it was best to train him now before he gets much older.

rainbowtrout

Ideal_Rock
woah--reader can we have pics please?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results