shape
carat
color
clarity

Subscribe to threads

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

violet02

Ideal_Rock
It would be nice to be able to subscribe to threads that you''ve either posted in or are interested in following. So an email alert when someone has posted to a thread you''ve started or a notification on a thread you''re interested in following. I don''t always have a chance to keep up with all of the posts on here and it can be very hard to find them when you haven''t been on in a couple of days.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/23/2009 4:35:16 AM
Author:violet02
It would be nice to be able to subscribe to threads that you've either posted in or are interested in following. So an email alert when someone has posted to a thread you've started or a notification on a thread you're interested in following. I don't always have a chance to keep up with all of the posts on here and it can be very hard to find them when you haven't been on in a couple of days.
Hi Violet

We already have that feature, look to the top right and you will see a blue box which says subscribe - next to new topic reply subscribe , click and follow the instructions, check the box that says to your email account then thats all you need to do.

Also if you want to subscribe to a particular poster, look below a given username below the avatar and it says subscribe to author. Click on that and a pop up box appears, just tick to go to your email account and thats it!

To unsubscribe click on personal section, then track content, then subscription definitions, that will bring up the names of the persons or threads subscribed to then you can delete or manage as you wish.

violet02

Ideal_Rock
how funny, all this time and i had no idea!

Has this been here the whole time?! SHEESH!

Ok so I think I''m just used to how other UI''s do it like tpf and tripadvisor etc. My bad!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/23/2009 8:00:12 AM
Author: violet02
how funny, all this time and i had no idea!

Has this been here the whole time?! SHEESH!

Ok so I think I''m just used to how other UI''s do it like tpf and tripadvisor etc. My bad!
Don''t you worry Violet, this sort of stuff isn''t always obvious!
35.gif

audball

Ideal_Rock
I''ve tried doing this before and never got any emails...are there certain emails that have to be used or something?? Mine is a school address...

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/28/2009 10:01:47 AM
Author: audball
I''ve tried doing this before and never got any emails...are there certain emails that have to be used or something?? Mine is a school address...

It doesn''t work for me either, Audball..I''m not super duper computer savvy to be sure, but I kinda thought I was smart enough to click a box haha!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/28/2009 11:29:27 AM
Author: packrat

Date: 8/28/2009 10:01:47 AM
Author: audball

It doesn''t work for me either, Audball..I''m not super duper computer savvy to be sure, but I kinda thought I was smart enough to click a box haha!
I thought I did this, but accidentally subscribed to a poster instead, and whoa did I get tons of emails...lol but it doesn''t work for me either, I''ve tried it a couple of times

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
The subscribe feature currently is glitching. Meaning it seems to work for some member and not for others particularly for newer members. I have not been able to figure out why yet. It appears to be a part of the limitation of the forum.

Hopefully I can make it work soon or we will have it as part of the new system.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Andrey

audball

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/28/2009 5:27:31 PM
Author: PS Admin
The subscribe feature currently is glitching. Meaning it seems to work for some member and not for others particularly for newer members. I have not been able to figure out why yet. It appears to be a part of the limitation of the forum.

Hopefully I can make it work soon or we will have it as part of the new system.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Andrey
This is kind of good to hear! I was wondering how I could possibly being doing it wrong...haha.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s never worked for me either FWIW.

Allison D.

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/3/2009 12:15:05 AM
Author: neatfreak
It's never worked for me either FWIW.
Ditto

blinkydoll

Brilliant_Rock
It works for me :). But I prob just jinxed it by saying that!
41.gif

But there need to be an iPhone app soon ;-)

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Date: 9/4/2009 1:14:02 PM
Author: blinkydoll
It works for me :). But I prob just jinxed it by saying that!
41.gif

But there need to be an iPhone app soon ;-)
I likw the idea of an Iphone app. Please start a new thread for ideas from everyone.

violet02

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/3/2009 4:56:14 PM
Author: Allison D.

Date: 9/3/2009 12:15:05 AM
Author: neatfreak
It''s never worked for me either FWIW.
Ditto
Okay I finally just tried it and it doesn''t work for me at all. That sucks. Please FIX!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results