shape
carat
color
clarity

Style Trends: 80s, 90s, 2000?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

reader

Brilliant_Rock
My kid likes a few of my things, she thinks they are ''age appropriate'' LOL

Ok, all of you who owned the acid washed suit....did you wear your hair in a one side only pony tail, or was your hair permed and teased?

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/30/2006 6:44:51 PM
Author: Julian
CehraBehra, you are lucky to never have participated in the acid washed jeans fad!

I was in 4th grade and my mom decked me out in the Guess? jeans JACKET AND PANTS. I am sure it was quite horrendous. Even more surprising is how I have not blocked out this childhood trauma. I may even have PTSD!
oh I had guess jeans.... I remember my friends coming over to help me dress for my first "date".... I wore skin tight zipper ankled guess jeans with a tight purple tank top and a loose white over shirt and white pumps... we went to go see The Breakfast Club!! I never did the big hair thing.... I always wanted to be like the models in vogue so even as a teen I liked those sweater dresses and long strands of beads and pumps and cardigan sweaters LOL

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/30/2006 12:23:46 AM
Author: reader
How many of you still have your 80s stuff?
Yus
5.gif
All the jewellery and a Dynasty style shoulder padded dress with a peplum, so I can sigh and actually see how tiny my waist used to be! Oh yes, stilettos and skinny jeans used to be fave...
emembarrassed.gif

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/31/2006 5:57:51 AM
Author: Lorelei

Date: 10/30/2006 12:23:46 AM
How many of you still have your 80s stuff?
Yus
5.gif
All the jewellery and a Dynasty style shoulder padded dress with a peplum, so I can sigh and actually see how tiny my waist used to be! Oh yes, stilettos and skinny jeans used to be fave...
emembarrassed.gif
hahaha yeah I kept a miniskirt I used to wear... it''s blue/aqua/white paisley and the most memorable memory was dancing on a bar in tijuana in it LOL!! I think it would fit one thigh now LMAO!

reader

Brilliant_Rock
Any of you still own a Swatch?

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
I have all my old 80s jewelry. For a while I thought I didn''t like yellow gold. Now I realize it''s just that I don''t like the 80s and little girl styles that I have in gold. It is quite lovely in the modern styles that I prefer!

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/1/2006 10:43:38 PM
Any of you still own a Swatch?

DH does.. well until last week and I upgraded him to a Eco-Drive Citizen Watch... thank goodness

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/30/2006 6:44:51 PM
Author: Julian
CehraBehra, you are lucky to never have participated in the acid washed jeans fad!

I was in 4th grade and my mom decked me out in the Guess? jeans JACKET AND PANTS. I am sure it was quite horrendous. Even more surprising is how I have not blocked out this childhood trauma. I may even have PTSD!

I had some.. they were cool, with the zippers on the bottom. (LOL) But my parents would sometimes refuse to buy them, so I resorted to sutting BLEACH on my jeans and bleaching them out, much to the dismay of my parents..LOL

reader

Brilliant_Rock
I had 3 Swatches, and my kid (then aged 11) took one of them to school and wore it for over a year, 19 years from its date of purchase LOL

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Still have a couple of swatch watches. They were my pool watches.
1.gif
I still think they are fun!

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
I''m sure the batteries in my swatch watches are dead, but they used to be my traveling watches -- especially for beach vacations. I just got back from a trip where I missed my swatch watch!

I still have some of the 80''s stuff. It''s mostly nice, tasteful yellow gold stuff that DH gave me. A couple of pieces I had Rhodium dipped, and that worked out well. I think some of it is dated, but some of it is just an age thing. I''ve outgrown some of the pieces style-wise. I can carry off more in my 40''s than I could in my 20''s.
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results