carat
color
clarity

Style advice needed!!!

Right or left hand?

• Total voters

Tigerlilyrosepetal

Shiny_Rock
I need style advice, please! For the last year I have been trying to update my wedding set—and ended up with an antique and a modern set. Should I keep them and have two wedding sets? Or does it look ok with the antique engagement ring on the right hand? I’m worried it might look too blingy and showy, but I really like the idea of having only one wedding set to wear (ORTRTA). Please help by letting me know what you think looks best! Thanks!!! 946D93FE-2F56-4175-A4C9-5E39BA89210C.jpeg F584ADA5-3334-49BC-878B-BE205BC0EDF6.jpeg 5CC78379-7BE7-4E4F-A62C-8DE79CC7004B.jpeg E2340890-D4FD-4DB6-A429-7056AA52383A.jpeg

MamaBear

Brilliant_Rock
Or you could set one in a pendant and wear the ORTRTA as your wedding set!

Tigerlilyrosepetal

Shiny_Rock
Or you could set one in a pendant and wear the ORTRTA as your wedding set!

Thanks for the idea but I actually just made a pendant from one of my other rings! I actually just got it back today. Still have to buy the necklace for it but my 18th anniversary is at the end of the month and waiting until then. I am trying to make the most of all my jewelry because I hate seeing stuff sit in a box. It needs to be out! FA28186E-CA22-40CE-93F1-7C9779DAEF6B.jpeg

MamaBear

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the idea but I actually just made a pendant from one of my other rings! I actually just got it back today. Still have to buy the necklace for it but my 18th anniversary is at the end of the month and waiting until then. I am trying to make the most of all my jewelry because I hate seeing stuff sit in a box. It needs to be out! FA28186E-CA22-40CE-93F1-7C9779DAEF6B.jpeg

Oh, that’s lovely!! I am the same way, I hate to have pieces that don’t get worn regularly!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are all beautiful and I say wear them just the way they are pictured! They are your rings and meaningful to you so don’t let them sit in a box. Wear them and enjoy them!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love them either way. I think your antique ring looks lovely on your right hand. If you want a change than wear the antique on your left hand. There’s no wrong answer. They are beautiful rings. Wear them and enjoy them..

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I need style advice, please! For the last year I have been trying to update my wedding set—and ended up with an antique and a modern set. Should I keep them and have two wedding sets? Or does it look ok with the antique engagement ring on the right hand? I’m worried it might look too blingy and showy, but I really like the idea of having only one wedding set to wear (ORTRTA). Please help by letting me know what you think looks best! Thanks!!! 946D93FE-2F56-4175-A4C9-5E39BA89210C.jpeg F584ADA5-3334-49BC-878B-BE205BC0EDF6.jpeg 5CC78379-7BE7-4E4F-A62C-8DE79CC7004B.jpeg E2340890-D4FD-4DB6-A429-7056AA52383A.jpeg

you could be asking in the 'wrong' place for advice -is this too blingy ? :lol-2:
this is PS - can anything really be too blingy ? :lol-2:
both are gorgeous, they look awsome utilizing both hands
bling away !
so i say go for the RH ring look

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I say, all of the above! Depending on what you are doing or how you feel for the day, wear both or wear your antique ring as your
engagement ring. They certainly work together and you can get away with combining them or wearing them by themselves!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I voted RH for her as she should be worn often & I love you wedding set as it is. Your hands look very balanced with her on your RH.

But there are no rules, so you can mix & match however you fancy!

Tigerlilyrosepetal

Shiny_Rock
Thanks guys for the helpful suggestions! Still mulling it over.The problem is one of sizing. I had to get it sized higher to fit the right hand and if I go back to the left hand, will have to size it down again. But, I am very glad to hear that it doesn't look too much/too blingy on the right hand! I wish I could get over that insecurity I have about wearing tons of jewelry. If I could, I would love to look like a royal on the red carpet everyday! Tiara may be optional, but the rest of it, hell yeah! Hopefully, some day I will get there and be able to express myself as I want.

mommylawyer

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks guys for the helpful suggestions! Still mulling it over.The problem is one of sizing. I had to get it sized higher to fit the right hand and if I go back to the left hand, will have to size it down again. But, I am very glad to hear that it doesn't look too much/too blingy on the right hand! I wish I could get over that insecurity I have about wearing tons of jewelry. If I could, I would love to look like a royal on the red carpet everyday! Tiara may be optional, but the rest of it, hell yeah! Hopefully, some day I will get there and be able to express myself as I want.

I would keep your antique ring for your right hand. It looks beautiful as a right hand ring. You can use one of these sizers to make it smaller when you want to wear it on your left hand.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your older ring looks just like my grandmothers which I adored! I love it with your wedding band! Where what you like and don’t worry what other people think.

Tigerlilyrosepetal

Shiny_Rock
I would keep your antique ring for your right hand. It looks beautiful as a right hand ring. You can use one of these sizers to make it smaller when you want to wear it on your left hand.

Thanks! I didn’t know about these, so I really appreciate it! Will look into it:)

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Tigerlilyrosepetal , Jewelry is a personal thing. Please wear what makes you happy. At the end of the day they are your pieces and for your enjoyment. A friend of mine wore her wedding set on her left hand and a ring very similar to your other ring on her left hand. It was her grandmother’s ring. They all looked beautiful worn together and it made her happy to wear her grandmothers ring.

Tigerlilyrosepetal

Shiny_Rock
@Tigerlilyrosepetal , Jewelry is a personal thing. Please wear what makes you happy. At the end of the day they are your pieces and for your enjoyment. A friend of mine wore her wedding set on her left hand and a ring very similar to your other ring on her left hand. It was her grandmother’s ring. They all looked beautiful worn together and it made her happy to wear her grandmothers ring.

Thanks @Calliecake for the beautiful reminder

Diamondbug

Brilliant_Rock
We

I love both and I would rock both everyday all day day long!! Lucky gal to own such beautiful rings!!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I notice that the melee in your e-ring and wedding ring are difference sizes. Have you ever thought of taking one lot of melee (either wedding ring, or that on the band of your e-ring) and turning your e-ring into a cluster? It would give it a lot more presence, differentiate it from your wedding ring, and make it substantially different from your old cut ring. Cluster head with a plain shank, worn with an eternity wedding ring would be a wonderful look - then the old cut on the other hand.

Alternately, given that your old cut seems quite warm, have you considered re-setting it into a yellow gold setting, so you would have one set to wear with yellow gold jewelry and one with white?

Were it me, I'd do both - the cluster and the yellow gold set - and have something for all occasions - along with a very substantial engagement ring!

Whatever you choose - good luck! And happy anniversary!

Tigerlilyrosepetal

Shiny_Rock
I notice that the melee in your e-ring and wedding ring are difference sizes. Have you ever thought of taking one lot of melee (either wedding ring, or that on the band of your e-ring) and turning your e-ring into a cluster? It would give it a lot more presence, differentiate it from your wedding ring, and make it substantially different from your old cut ring. Cluster head with a plain shank, worn with an eternity wedding ring would be a wonderful look - then the old cut on the other hand.

Alternately, given that your old cut seems quite warm, have you considered re-setting it into a yellow gold setting, so you would have one set to wear with yellow gold jewelry and one with white?

Were it me, I'd do both - the cluster and the yellow gold set - and have something for all occasions - along with a very substantial engagement ring!

Whatever you choose - good luck! And happy anniversary!

Thanks @MrsB for the thoughtful suggestions. I’m going to think about it today. Gotta run to work!

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
All of your rings are beautiful! (Necklace too).
Wear them on either hand, there are no rules and it’s fun to have options!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results