shape
carat
color
clarity

Stupid question probably

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

robd1438

Rough_Rock
Just a stupid question, but when looking at some pictures of hearts and arrows diamonds, is the black in the picture just because the diamond is placed on a black surface? That''s not visible when its viewed normally and set right? I''ve looked through pictures in the "Show me the ring" section and don''t see anything, but just wanted to verify. Thanks for answering this probably stupid question.

i.e.
HA.jpg

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
It's a photography technique. The background is black and there is no back light on the diamond to prevent light from entering thru the pavillion. It helps you visualize the color of the diamond in the "face up" or set position and accents the arrows pattern.

H&A diamonds will exhibit the arrows patterns in certain lighting in everyday life.
1.gif

robd1438

Rough_Rock
that's what i thought, just wanted to make sure, i can't wait to see pics of the one i have on hold, you guys have gotten me pretty excited and i'm sure brian will come through and still blow me away when i see it! Thanks!

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
My current avitar is some of Brian Gavin's camera handiwork. That's my diamond on a colored background. The larger pic shows the arrows in a rainbow of colors. It's really pretty neat!
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results