shape
carat
color
clarity

Stuller

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

motomom

Rough_Rock
I''ve got the opportunity of buying direct from Stuller. My contact only buys maybe 1 stone a year from them. From what I can tell I don''t think I''ll save that much on a 1 1/3 to 1 1/5 diamond over one of the on-line vendors, ie gog or subercert. Should there be a great savings if I''ve got this opportunity? Maybe I''ve confused myself and I''m not comparing apples to apples
loopy.gif
?? Thanks!

DavidEmslie

Shiny_Rock
Stuller is good in a pinch for something but remember, they have to stock a little of everything. and thats not cheap, They are a good source for a lot of things, mountings, parts ect. but the diamonds and stones are not exactly the best prices on the planet...unless you have an emergancy and need it tomarrow and are going to lose a sale otherwise or have some horrible deadline...there are better sources.

DavidEmslie

Shiny_Rock
The best analogy of stuller I have ever heard a bench jeweler say to a supplier is this.

Well yeah I know where 7-11 is too but that does not mean I get my milk there!

in reference to raw gold and diamonds and some colored stones.
They are a convinence you pay for
1.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Comparing a random stone from Stuller to stones like GOG or SC sell is definitely not apples to apples. More like apples to oranges. Still fruit but different. Unless you know more about the cut in terms of what you are going to be getting...and you can compare like cuts for like $$...it will be hard to compare. But if you are looking at something like $6k for Stuller on a 1.25c stone and $6500 for a GOG or SC H&A stone, then to me it's a no brainer, go with SC/GOG and know what you are getting. Sometimes 'buying direct' isn't really a deal at all.

Good luck!

motomom

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the input. My ex-boss (who is the one with the Stuller account) is telling me he saved 7K on his wife's 1ct but I just wasn't seeing it, even compared to the local b&m, but maybe he was comparing to a maul store since I haven't looked there.

Thanks!

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
the rubies and setting for the wedding band I bought my fiance were sourced from stuller.

The rubies are awesome and the setting is great for the price.
The rubies were a little more $ than I could get elsewhere but the overall package was priced right and was fairly priced for the quality.

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
Stuller has something called Red Box Diamonds. They're all GIA certed, come with a lifetime trade-up policy, and a year's worth of insurance. When I was looking for an emerald cut, I saw a stone from Stuller. It was a beautiful diamond for a decent price: 1.5 ct, G, VVS1 for about 8K (wholesale). I didn't end up buying it because another stone came along I liked better, but I was impressed with the product. This is just to say you might as well check it out. You just never know. Good luck.

anothernewbie

Rough_Rock
----------------
On 3/5/2004 8:33:59 AM motomom wrote:

Thanks for the input. My ex-boss (who is the one with the Stuller account) is telling me he saved 7K on his wife's 1ct but I just wasn't seeing it, even compared to the local b&m, but maybe he was comparing to a maul store since I haven't looked there.

Thanks!----------------

Saved 7K....hmm...that would make the stone from GOG about $600 and the Superbcert about $300. Sounds like a deal.
11.gif

GOG
SC

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results