shape
carat
color
clarity

Stuller Solstice OEC! (pics!)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Jossyw

Rough_Rock
Attached are pics of my new ering.

Specs: .66 carat OEC, aprox 5.8mm diameter, 3.4mm depth, VS1, color I with "good" polish and "good" symetry grades. The stone was in a pendant when it was given to me and the specs about the stone were gathered through an appraisal I had done before it was set for my ering. When appraised the stone was estimated to be .80cts but when they set it for me at Geoffrey's Diamonds (in San Carlos, CA) last weekend they weighed it and it only came to .66cts. I love it though!

I had them order the comfort fit 3mm stuller band and the six prong solstice head and then had them modify the head to look more like Mara's. I also brought in pics of Ame's ring since I wanted it to look very similar as well as pics of LLL's ring so that the prongs would be oriented like hers. I'm thrilled with the outcome but I may have them shave the band down to 2mm.

This will be paired with a full eternity band with channel set square cut diamonds. Geoffrey (of Geoffrey's diamonds) said that they are "correis" (sp?). I'll post pics later.

Anyway, Goeffrey's was GREAT and I'm VERY pleased with the ring.

Many thanks to all of those who helped inspire me to identify what I wanted and special thanks to Mara, Ame, and LLL for their great pics!!

ring222222.jpg

Jossyw

Rough_Rock

ring33333.jpg

Jossyw

Rough_Rock

ring555555.jpg

Jossyw

Rough_Rock
flower shot

ring444444.jpg

Jossyw

Rough_Rock
the diamond as it used to be set

diamond1111111.jpg

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/28/2006 8:29:27 PM
Author:Jossyw
Attached are pics of my new ering.

Specs: .66 carat OEC, aprox 5.8mm diameter, 3.4mm depth, VS1, color I with ''good'' polish and ''good'' symetry grades. The stone was in a pendant when it was given to me and the specs about the stone were gathered through an appraisal I had done before it was set for my ering. When appraised the stone was estimated to be .80cts but when they set it for me at Geoffrey''s Diamonds (in San Carlos, CA) last weekend they weighed it and it only came to .66cts. I love it though!
I love the old cuts :) That looks so lovely on your finger... and okay this is a really goofy compliment but I like your fingernails! LOL

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful! Love those chunky facets on that gorgeous stone!!!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love your ring and am a huge fan of OEC''s. Love the setting, the head is gorgeous. Looks great on your hand, ENJOY!!!
30.gif

Molly1024

Shiny_Rock
Love OEC''s and the chunky flashes of light!

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~OEC''s have such classic elegance... the setting is perfect too!!
30.gif

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lovely OEC, and it''s going to look awesome with an eternity band. It looks so much prettier on your hand than in the pendant. You gave it new life!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
gosh, seeing all of these OEC''s around here lately is really making me miss mine
39.gif

your stone is so pretty and I love that stuller setting.

3hearts

Shiny_Rock
your stone is beautiful
face23.gif
and looks perfect with that setting
30.gif
post more pics when you get a chance....
1.gif

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a wonderful stone. Love the OECs.

Did it come from his family or yours?

I''m glad you got the setting you wanted!

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, I LOVE it! It looks PERFECT! I wouldn''t shave down the band personally, I think it looks just right as it is. What a beautiful ring!

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful stone...I love the setting!

Jossyw

Rough_Rock
Thanks for your kind words everyone!

I forgot to let y''all know that it''s a size 6. I''ll try to post pics of it with the eternity band soon.

Cehra, I''m so glad you like my fingernails. It''s a silly compliment but I still think it''s cool
25.gif
thanks!

Kaleigh, your SIL''s OEC is beautiful and I know you worked hard to find it so your note means a lot - thank you!

SH, the stone was given to us by my mom. She doesn''t know anything about its history though. I wish I knew how long it''s been in my family...

FF, you don''t think the diamond would look biger if I shaved the shank down?

thanks again everyone.

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
lovely ring

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
That is a very special diamond and I love the simple classy setting that you chose for it. Just perfect and it looks so pretty on your hand.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/29/2006 10:35:40 AM
Author: Sundial
That is a very special diamond and I love the simple classy setting that you chose for it. Just perfect and it looks so pretty on your hand.
ditto!

cheers--Sharon

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
Jossy - Here''s the thing. I see beautiful diamonds under a carat on woman''s hands everyday. When they''re set in a more substantial setting, they look more expensive and classy to me. Making the setting too thin to try and make the stone look bigger just makes the whole ring come off as flimsy to me. Your diamond is a standout on it''s own, it doesn''t look too small for your hand or anything like that, so I think it''s perfect as it is. Obviously, this is just one person''s opinion, but I think an e-ring should look sturdy enough to represent what it''s there for...the promise. If the thickness does bother you, that''s another thing. Maybe then go down to 2.5 mm? I was surprised at how thin 3 mm settings were when I tried them on, and I personally didn''t like the look of anything below 2.5 mm or 2.7 mm. Anyway, congrats again! Enjoy that beautiful ring!

Jossyw

Rough_Rock
FF - good points! I think you''re right in many respects. I really like how it looks as it is on its own but when I pair it with the eternity band, it just feels kinda clunky, and it seems to look less dainty and delicate. I''ll post pics when I can to show you what I mean. Maybe I''ll have it shaved down a little once I get married? I don''t know. Thanks for explaining your point of view!

Thanks again to everyone else for the nice comments!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/28/2006 10:00:43 PM
Author: mrssalvo
gosh, seeing all of these OEC''s around here lately is really making me miss mine
39.gif

your stone is so pretty and I love that stuller setting.
and now you can go and get another one!!!! hehehehehehe
12.gif

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous stone with lovely faceting. And you can''t go wrong with a Stuller Solstice! Congrats on a classic yet very unique ring!

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
I love OECs and this is a really nice one. Thank you for sharing it with us. I really like the way it looks on that band.

shay

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
it''s so pretty. I wish I had known about the stuller 6 prong head when I was doing all my resetting last year. It is really beautiful and looks a lot like the Tiff head. Can''t wait to see it with the eternity band! I would not shave down the band personally. You could always do it later on but you can never go back :) I like how it looks now, not too think IMHO.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring is beautiful and the setting is sooo perfect!

reader

Brilliant_Rock
It just works, nice size band, great diamond. What would be neat would be to keep the photos in a small album with a description of as much as you know about the diamond, and include some pics of your wedding day. It would be neat to pass that down with the diamond...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results