shape
carat
color
clarity

Stuller Settings

alexah

Brilliant_Rock
Hi all! Wondering if anyone has a suggestion for an online vendor that will sell and set (my gems in) Stuller ring settings?

I used to use Michael Edgett before he closed shop so I've been accumulating gems over the years and am interested in getting some of them set.
Michael was amazing with setting my gems in Stuller settings but I'm not sure who (if anyone) still does the same?

Locally I have some jewelers that sell them but their markup is ridiculous and they charge quite a bit to set my gems on top of that.

Though I <3 them, my gems aren't spectacular or expensive or anything like that so I'm not looking to spend a fortune on the "frames".

TIA - much appreciated!

Hi all! Wondering if anyone has a suggestion for an online vendor that will sell and set (my gems in) Stuller ring settings?

I used to use Michael Edgett before he closed shop so I've been accumulating gems over the years and am interested in getting some of them set.
Michael was amazing with setting my gems in Stuller settings but I'm not sure who (if anyone) still does the same?

Locally I have some jewelers that sell them but their markup is ridiculous and they charge quite a bit to set my gems on top of that.

Though I <3 them, my gems aren't spectacular or expensive or anything like that so I'm not looking to spend a fortune on the "frames".

TIA - much appreciated!

Hopefully someone will be around shortly to better answer your question. But I just wanted to mention that Stuller has a "locate a jeweler" function on their website. Perhaps you can shop around to see who has the best retail price of their products. :)

OboeGal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

TIA - much appreciated!

I'm interested in replies, because I'm looking for the exact same thing! My local jewelers have very high markups and prices, and their bench skills are definitely.....lacking......

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
I'd say David Klass. He can buy stuller and set stuff for relatively inexpensive prices.

DK just worked on something Stuller for me,

Also I think Jonathan (Rhino) of distinctive gems can source stuller,but i don't know I'd he sets outside stones.

Don’t know if Distinctive Gem sets outside stones. But when I want to use a Stuller setting for a non-Distinctive Gem stone, I have used the prices for Stuller listed on Distinctive Gem website and showed my local jeweler who can order it and set it. My local jeweler and I tend to settle on a fair price that way.

alexah

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you so much for responding, Autumn in New England, OboeGal, lovedogs & oncrutchesrightnow! Very good suggestions & advice - much appreciated!

natasha-cupcake

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I like this guy because he shows his prices directly on the Stuller showcase. Jewelers who use Stuller have the option to set their own prices on the showcase site or leave the prices hidden, which really annoys me. Just let me see the darn prices so I can decide whether or not I can afford to do business with you! Some jewelers charge way more than others and this guy is pretty reasonable. He sells through an Etsy shop. You pick out what you want from the Stuller site, make appropriate choices and then click the green "Get a Quote" button. I've purchased from him multiple times and have never had a problem.

iAmoreBrilliant Etsy Shop

iAmoreBrilliant Jewelers Showcase

Last edited:

alexah

Brilliant_Rock
I like this guy because he shows his prices directly on the Stuller showcase. Jewelers who use Stuller have the option to set their own prices on the showcase site or leave the prices hidden, which really annoys me. Just let me see the darn prices so I can decide whether or not I can afford to do business with you! Some jewelers charge way more than others and this guy is pretty reasonable. He sells through an Etsy shop. You pick out what you want from the Stuller site, make appropriate choices and then click the green "Get a Quote" button. I've purchased from him multiple times and have never had a problem.

iAmoreBrilliant Etsy Shop

iAmoreBrilliant Jewelers Showcase

This is really helpful - much appreciated!

Do you know if you can send your gems to him and have them set as well? Thanks again!

natasha-cupcake

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This is really helpful - much appreciated!

Do you know if you can send your gems to him and have them set as well? Thanks again!

I don't know, as I haven't tried to do this. I would send a message through his Etsy shop and ask.

alexah

Brilliant_Rock
I don't know, as I haven't tried to do this. I would send a message through his Etsy shop and ask.

Much appreciated! I'll certainly reach out once I'm ready to begin... thanks again!

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
David Klass was kind enough to set the sentimental diamonds I provided and make a chain out of Stuller links that I found online. The heart pendant was custom so I can’t comment on how much the markup was for the Stuller links.

IMG_1381.jpeg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results