shape
carat
color
clarity

Stuller settings question

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
so I''m working on a pendant , and I don''t want to spend a fortune on settings... so I found a few stuller settings, but size is a little tricky are these precast and sold as is ? or if I have a shape of stone do they make them to fit? have you had experience with stuller semi mounts? sorry of full of lots of questions today as I have two different shaped gem contemplating of buying and one of them is rather large...

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
Depending on the size of the stone, there may be a mount that would fit it. Stuller is only sold through one of their sellers, so you''d need to take it to your jeweler that sells Stuller and let them look it over. Sometimes .1 or .2 mm can easily be accommodated for and they will know. My jeweler that set a pendant for me from Stuller said that sometime they order in a couple of sizes and just send back what they don''t use.

You may also consider going with an Etsy seller to make you a custom setting. Sometimes the price might be right around the same as a Stuller setting.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm looking into getting a pendant setting made by Julia
http://www.juliakaytaylor.com/
Her etsy shop

She seems to do great work. She quoted me 75$ to combine my 2 spinels into a sterling silver pendant. They'll both be bezeled, and there will probably be some interesting silver design elements to it that reflect her style. Anyways, I thought it was a great price for unique custom work, and judging by her website, it should be quality :) She's also been super sweet so far in our design discussions. I think it's great she's putting in her time and creativity to come up with something for me!

There are definitely a lot of great etsy sellers out there! You can try an Alchemy listing and see what turns up.

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
I recommend Pal at pmgart on Etsy. He is making a killer ring for me.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Guys, i knew that one of the jeweler had to order it, and I haven''t found a the right jeweler yet,,, but I''ll keep searching... and I just need to sit down and spend HOURS looking into Etsy... as I found a few that I think i might like to work with.

MTG- I checked out her site, and her work does look like quality work... so we''ll see... too many options,,, my brain hurts
40.gif

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/4/2009 6:32:00 PM
Author: cinnamon013
I recommend Pal at pmgart on Etsy. He is making a killer ring for me.
I will check on him too... I browsed through breifly though.

Michael_E

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Stullers stuff is really nicely made, but only comes in the sizes listed. On the other hand, if your stone is close in size any competent jeweler can fit the stone to the setting. I have used these settings as a base for further customization, by cutting them apart and re-working them for clients who are, somewhat financially challenged. The toughest part is holding the parts together when assembling them. Pick a jeweler that you like to yak at and let them know what you have in mind. Unless it''s quite a stretch, they can probably fabricate what you''d like from stock pieces made by any of the big manufacturers. It''s less expensive than fully custom and in some cases better.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
thanks Michael...
Date: 6/4/2009 7:30:16 PM
Author: Michael_E
Stullers stuff is really nicely made, but only comes in the sizes listed. On the other hand, if your stone is close in size any competent jeweler can fit the stone to the setting. I have used these settings as a base for further customization, by cutting them apart and re-working them for clients who are, somewhat financially challenged. The toughest part is holding the parts together when assembling them. Pick a jeweler that you like to yak at and let them know what you have in mind. Unless it''s quite a stretch, they can probably fabricate what you''d like from stock pieces made by any of the big manufacturers. It''s less expensive than fully custom and in some cases better.
lol... with the highlighted,,

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results