shape
carat
color
clarity

Stud Earshots? WF 8-prong martini...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kristy_lyn

Shiny_Rock
Hi!

I tried searching for some earshots of the WF 8-prong martini setting...but couldn''t find any.
Can someone point me in the right direction?

Also - slightly different question... but, which kind of stud earrings work the best with "ear jacket" type things (kind of like what widget - I think it''s widget - has... the things that slip behind and dangle down...I think hers are emeralds?)

Thanks!

lisaC

Brilliant_Rock
Mara posted earshots with .75. It''s in the thread "8 prong martini studs" by speakinglurker.

kristy_lyn

Shiny_Rock
Oooh! Thank you!
I knew those pics were out there...

Now, if I could only see some in a little smaller size - - - it''s going to be a while until I can afford those in 1.5 ctw.
emotion-40.gif

whatmeworry

Brilliant_Rock
Okay I''m going to ask a stupid guy question. In all these ear shots, can you really tell what type of setting it is? Are the setting styles more for "off the ear" admiration?

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/22/2007 3:37:58 PM
Author: whatmeworry
Okay I''m going to ask a stupid guy question. In all these ear shots, can you really tell what type of setting it is? Are the setting styles more for ''off the ear'' admiration?
No.
9.gif

What I can mostly tell is if it''s 3 or 4, whatevers. Depending on how tightly one does or doesn''t push them in the ear, you might be able to tell the difference if you''re sitting close to someone.

Other than that, the only thing I will say is, I''ve had 4 prong baskets, and now have 3 prong martinis and they don''t droop like the baskets did.

I think a lot of it is just a personal thing.

JMO

cutey TT

Shiny_Rock
FYI, I have the w-prong settings (that previous post was mine). I like them. They''re different. They don''t droop in my ears, but I use a slightly larger earring back to prevent that.

I agree with Ellen...you can really only tell when someone has 3 or 4 prongs. I''ve noticed that the w-prongs that I have seem to sit lower, and are not as visible as some of my friends'' basket settings. If that makes any sense...?

I also had WF make my w-prongs with tiny little heart prongs, so they are really cute. Some of those pics I took aren''t very clear, but in person, these settings are really pretty and unique.

sna77

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/22/2007 5:04:33 PM
Author: cutey TT
FYI, I have the w-prong settings (that previous post was mine). I like them. They''re different. They don''t droop in my ears, but I use a slightly larger earring back to prevent that.

I agree with Ellen...you can really only tell when someone has 3 or 4 prongs. I''ve noticed that the w-prongs that I have seem to sit lower, and are not as visible as some of my friends'' basket settings. If that makes any sense...?

I also had WF make my w-prongs with tiny little heart prongs, so they are really cute. Some of those pics I took aren''t very clear, but in person, these settings are really pretty and unique.
I liked how the W prongs sit lower... I was comparing those to the 8 prong martini setting ones... although id be going 1.5 tcw, so those would be smaller than yours... You say you changed the backing? Is it a standard backing? Did they dropp without doing so?

Thanks!

whatmeworry

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/22/2007 5:04:33 PM
Author: cutey TT

Wow those are really unique. If I go with the w-prongs, I hope you don''t mind if I follow your vision.

cutey TT

Shiny_Rock
sna - I tried two different earring backs from WF... The first pair were the jumbo backs, and I thought they were just too huge (when I put my hair up, they were too visible). So I traded them for the normal heavy friction backs that are much smaller, but then I found the earrings drooped slightly. Anyway, I found the perfect "medium" backs at a local B&M and now they don''t droop at all.

whatmeworry - About the tiny heart prongs, I saw an example when I went into WF. They looked cute and different, and so I decided to get them as well. My friend also got a pair of the w-prong earrings around the same time as I did and also got the heart prongs, and her earrings were ~1.0 cttw and her heart prongs were even smaller and more delicate looking. Literally barely noticeable until you looked real close.

Anyway, if you get the heart prongs, I wasn''t the one who came up with the idea.
2.gif
They already existed!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I *personally* like bezel set studs with earring jackets.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results