shape
carat
color
clarity

Stud earring reset - which setting for deep cut diamonds?

e2the3rd

Brilliant_Rock
I have my grandmother's vintage buttercup earrings which I never wear, I don't love the style mostly because of how the prongs/stones stick out so far from the ear, and also I wear white metal... so I want to reset the ~4.5mm stones into a style that I would wear. I prefer either 3-prong martini, or bezel martini or bezel with the u-shape back. I think I've figured out from my research here that the reason the diamonds appear dark in the center is because they are cut deep. They don't seem to have much sparkle either. So I'm wondering if one of the styles I want for the reset would be better or worse for the appearance/performance of the diamonds? Including photos of the bezel styles I prefer and the original earrings. Appreciate any input! Screen Shot 2021-01-13 at 9.07.50 AM.png Screen Shot 2021-01-13 at 9.06.33 AM.png IMG_2241.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't know about the difference in light performace but I have a pair of the V type back and don't think they feel that comfortable. I would opt for the U style back as I expect that to feel better against the ear.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results