shape
carat
color
clarity

Stuck on it

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

blue hawaii

Rough_Rock
I am a novice at this. I need your opinion if this a good diamond. I have seen it and it is beautiifull, however, in my opinion it is overpriced.

EGL
Marquise
1.52 carats
Color: G
Clarity: SI1
Depth: 69.5%
Table: 53%
Symmetry: good
Polish: good
Culet: None
Girdle: Medium to slightly thick, faceted
Fluorescence: None
Measurements: 11.18 x 5.86 x 4.07 mm

I’d greatly appreciate your opinion on the diamond and the price separately. Good diamond, bad price? Good diamond, good price? Bad diamond? What price should I offer?

Price : $12,500.
Thank you
Stuck on it.

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 2/15/2005 12
6.gif
7:16 PM
Author:blue hawaii

I am a novice at this. I need your opinion if this a good diamond. I have seen it and it is beautiifull, however, in my opinion it is overpriced.

EGL
Marquise
1.52 carats
Color: G
Clarity: SI1
Depth: 69.5%
Table: 53%
Symmetry: good
Polish: good
Culet: None
Girdle: Medium to slightly thick, faceted
Fluorescence: None
Measurements: 11.18 x 5.86 x 4.07 mm

I’d greatly appreciate your opinion on the diamond and the price separately. Good diamond, bad price? Good diamond, good price? Bad diamond? What price should I offer?

Price : $12,500.
Thank you
Stuck on it.
Blue Hawaii:

First..There have yet been any truly reliable specs for maquises which might provide you with an accurate representation to how the stone might look. Facet length, angle and placement play a large part in how a diamond will perform, more so in fancy cuts.

With this being said it is important to see the stone. You said you liked it. I would also be concerned with the bow-tie affect, and if it is glaringly obvious.

I did I price search for EGL stones in the 1.50-1.65 range and to be honest you can save yourself $4000-$5000 dollars. I think this stone is definitely at the high retail end of the spectrum and you can do much better. Possible a better looking diamond and definitely a better priced diamond. The price seems overwhelmingly high.
35.gif

I don't want to steer you away from this stone if you like it, but I think you can definitely save yourself some money...
21.gif

Hope this helps...
35.gif

pearcrazy

Brilliant_Rock
My opinion- since you asked.. It's cut too deep, the table is too small and the price is too high. You could buy a better cut 2 carat diamond for that price with an online vendor. I found a 1.84 G SI1 with more recommended proportions for about $10,500. That said, since you've looked at the diamond and like it then it's really all about whether or not you are OK with the price. You can certainly do better on the price dealing online, it may just boil down to whether or not the comfort of seeing the stone in person is worth the hefty premium.

Similar sized, color and clarity diamonds are priced about 3-4k less online.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results