shape
carat
color
clarity

Strong Orange Fluor in Lab Stones?

monipod

Brilliant_Rock
Starting this as a new thread so as to not hijack OP :D

Are you happy with the Strong Orange fluorescence?

I'm not sure if it's something that most/all Pinks will have.

I noticed that a lot of the fancy pink/orange stones on New World Diamonds have strong orange fluorescence which I found curious because just about all D-Z lab stones (at least for sale) have nil fluorescence. Any science/lab stone boffins able to weigh in? I'm guessing that the pink/orange stones have been heat treated for colour, so I'm guessing the base stone was brown, but does that mean that the seed started out as a brown with SOF?

PS - I loooooooove Fluor, and it's swaying me towards getting a lab fancy orange or pink if they have SOF :D

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm sure the www.GIA.edu site has info on this but the search tool is not working for me right now!

monipod

Brilliant_Rock
Also this from @Briolet:

"There are two origines of pink color in a diamand.
A : Distortion of the lattice can give a pink collor.
B : Singular nitrogens with a lattice hole next to it also give a pink color.

De structure in B also gives an orange fluorecence. The structure in B is accomplished by irradiating a yellow type Ib diamond.

This irradiation can happen naturally, but normally it are artifically irradiated type 1b diamonds. (Both natural as labgrown type 1b diamonds)."

So I'm thinking that lab pink/orange stones are irradiated yellow type 1b lab stones? So, so fascinating!

xxxxxx

Brilliant_Rock
A lot of HPHT grown diamonds show phosphorescence

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results