shape
carat
color
clarity

Strong Blue Fluorescence

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I have an I with strong blue fluorescence. I've never "seen" the blue before, the last night I was sitting in my house and it was doing this weird glowing thing. Not really a fan, but thankfully it doesn't do it that often. I decided to snap a picture of it and show you all because although I don't like it in my rock, it was sorta cool looking.

photo.JPG

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I don't know why I can't get the photo go turn upright. It looks fine on my desktop. hmmm

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Have you saved the picture to the right orientation?

Either way - lovely ring! I tend to like fluorescence, and I don't think it detracts from your lovely diamond at all!

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Apparently I don't know how to work computers. It's facing the proper way on my desktop but just doesn't want to show up here the right way.

Thank you. I guess it's the first time I've seen my blue fluor milky. It was weird.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
athenaworth said:
Thank you. I guess it's the first time I've seen my blue fluor milky. It was weird.

I have read many times here on PS that strong or very strong florescence only rarely causes a milky look, as you have described it.

Here is a question for vendors and appraisers who have seen many diamonds including some milky florescent ones:
Does the above pic look like an example of that?

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
athenaworth said:
I have an I with strong blue fluorescence. I've never "seen" the blue before, the last night I was sitting in my house and it was doing this weird glowing thing. Not really a fan, but thankfully it doesn't do it that often. I decided to snap a picture of it and show you all because although I don't like it in my rock, it was sorta cool looking.

Imagine if it was yellow fluoro? And I imagine there are occasions when you look from the side and can see some yellow - well in better lihting there is almost always some UV that will be cancelling that yellowishness out.
The blueish-ness is considered by many to be rather attractive.

Strong blue or yellowish.jpg

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
kenny said:
athenaworth said:

I have read many times here on PS that strong or very strong florescence only rarely causes a milky look, as you have described it.

Here is a question for vendors and appraisers who have seen many diamonds including some milky florescent ones:
Does the above pic look like an example of that?

When the stone is in direct sunlight it will appear milky violetish. But non fluoro well cut round stones just go yucky dark.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Actually, I rather like that "yellow fluor" picture. :naughty:

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Mine definitely looks violet in the sun, but it doesn't ever take on that glowing/milky quality that it did while I was sitting in the shade. And yes, I do love my blue fluor. I bought it just for that. I think it looks incredible in the bright sun.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results