shape
carat
color
clarity

Strong Blue Fluorescence

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

FB.

Brilliant_Rock
Judging by the number of questions about fluorescence in the last couple of weeks, you could be forgiven for thinking that "blue-white" might be coming back into fashion.
2.gif

Well, so that you're not completely wasting your time reading this topic - and for the benefit of someone who pulls up a search on fluorescence in the future - here's another picture of a very strong fluor stone in hazy sunshine (1.1ct, D colour, VS clarity, pear, very strong blue fluor).

Regards,
FB

dvs pear in sun 007 061009.jpg

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is great FB and we could do with a new thread showing strong blue so thank you!!

MatchMadeInCarbon

Rough_Rock
ditto what Lorelei said-

I wish I could fine strong blue flor that performs like that! I feel like I might get disappointed if I bought a strong floro that didn''t look like that ever.

Thanks again!
MMIC

Todd Gray

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Very pretty! Most of the diamonds which I have owned and worn personally have exhibited strong to very strong blue fluorescence and I love the subtle lavender blue hue that can often be seen when the diamond is viewed in direct sunlight. Great shot, thanks for sharing!

FB.

Brilliant_Rock
Lorelei

The VSB pear above has been such a success that there''s another 1.1ct, D colour, very strong fluor stone recently purchased, just mounted and awaiting collection.
30.gif

Depending on opportunity, sunshine (a bit weak this time of year) and ability to see the fluor, I may be able to do some more pictures. Otherwise, you''ll have to wait until the spring to see it.
9.gif

In the meantime, have another VSB picture, showing the stone at it''s very best......
31.gif

dvs pear in sun 011d 061009.jpg

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/6/2009 2:17:31 PM
Author: FB.
Lorelei

The VSB pear above has been such a success that there''s another 1.1ct, D colour, very strong fluor stone recently purchased, just mounted and awaiting collection.
30.gif

Depending on opportunity, sunshine (a bit weak this time of year) and ability to see the fluor, I may be able to do some more pictures. Otherwise, you''ll have to wait until the spring to see it.
9.gif

In the meantime, have another VSB picture, showing the stone at it''s very best......
31.gif
GORGEOUS shot!!!
30.gif

Oh I hope the sun comes out and you can capture the fluorescence in your new beauty, I don''t think I can wait for spring....
39.gif

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is my 1.01ct pear with strong blue fluor although it''s an I colour (GIA Cert). I find the fluor fascinating!

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I love many fluorescent stones as well!
In fact, many of them are more "chameleon like" than real chameleons!

Here''s a shot showing two Asscher cuts in the dark with a UV light on them
Guess which one is fluorescent...heheh

flunderdesk.JPG

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely shots LD and David!!!

FB.

Brilliant_Rock
Lorelei

Not much sun today so no pictures yet.
UV index was only reported to be 1-2 today. We can go up to 7 in peak summer (the shots above were with UV index reported to be about 4-5) and some parts of the world go to 10.

The new stone is even more "very strong" than the pear above. "Very very strong" would seem appropriate.
It is so strongly fluor that you you can stand over 10ft from a North-facing window on a cloudy day in autumn and the stone still has a slight lilac tint.
23.gif

Move right next to the North-facing window on a dull autumn day like today and the lilac tint is unmistakeable - it looks like the picture in my opening post but without the direct sun on it.

I can''t wait to see it next summer in stronger natural UV.

The stats are approximately:

1.1ct (6.2x6.2x4.2mm)
D colour
VS clarity
Cushion cut
Table 57%
Crown angle 41''
Total depth 67%
Pavilion angle 42''
Length:width ratio: 1.01

The stone is a nice performer.

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thanks Lorelei!
Congrats FB- I''ll bet your stone is stunning!

I have seen a lot of D-E-F colors with medium or strong blue that manage to look whiter than an inert D!

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
We just landed a 5ct D beauty with strong blue - and it qualifies for BLUE WHITE.
When I filter out the UV and grade the diamond for colour it drops to E, which according to the definition Michael Cowing threw around recently - this makes it still white (D to F).

It is stunning and has a lovely gentle blue in direct sunlight

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 10/7/2009 3:51:32 PM
Author: Garry H (Cut Nut)
We just landed a 5ct D beauty with strong blue - and it qualifies for BLUE WHITE.
When I filter out the UV and grade the diamond for colour it drops to E, which according to the definition Michael Cowing threw around recently - this makes it still white (D to F).

WOW- Congratulations!
I''d love to see that one Garry!!!

What shape is it?

FB.

Brilliant_Rock
Rockdiamond

"....I have seen a lot of D-E-F colors with medium or strong blue that manage to look whiter than an inert D!..."

Funny you should say that because I've been doing some comparing recently of 1ct stones with different body colour and fluorescence and concluded that either:

I can easily see the difference between D and H - even when face-up and mounted

Somehow a D with VSB fluor looks extra white

Certainly, these VSB-D's, when compared to "near colourless" stones (G-J), just blow them away and the near colourless stones actually look very yellow in comparison (even face-up).

I was planning to start a thread about it because I now have a phobia of any 1ct diamond that falls outside the "colourless" grades.
23.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/7/2009 3:41:58 PM
Lorelei

Not much sun today so no pictures yet.
UV index was only reported to be 1-2 today. We can go up to 7 in peak summer (the shots above were with UV index reported to be about 4-5) and some parts of the world go to 10.

The new stone is even more ''very strong'' than the pear above. ''Very very strong'' would seem appropriate.
It is so strongly fluor that you you can stand over 10ft from a North-facing window on a cloudy day in autumn and the stone still has a slight lilac tint.
23.gif

Move right next to the North-facing window on a dull autumn day like today and the lilac tint is unmistakeable - it looks like the picture in my opening post but without the direct sun on it.

I can''t wait to see it next summer in stronger natural UV.

The stats are approximately:

1.1ct (6.2x6.2x4.2mm)
D colour
VS clarity
Cushion cut
Table 57%
Crown angle 41''
Total depth 67%
Pavilion angle 42''
Length:width ratio: 1.01

The stone is a nice performer.
It sounds stunning, I hope you can get some pictures sometime!!!!! Could you take some pics anyway....pretty please?
emangel.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/7/2009 4:00:35 PM
Author: Rockdiamond

Date: 10/7/2009 3:51:32 PM
Author: Garry H (Cut Nut)

WOW- Congratulations!
I''d love to see that one Garry!!!

What shape is it?
Me too!!!!

FB.

Brilliant_Rock
Lorelei.

Specially for you......
13.gif

This morning we have some pleasant autumn sunshine. Weather websites say UV index around 2. The pictures of the pear were taken in late summer with UV index around 4.

Here''s a nice picture:

d vs cushion in oct sun 013b.jpg

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/8/2009 6:43:22 AM
Lorelei.

Specially for you......
13.gif

This morning we have some pleasant autumn sunshine. Weather websites say UV index around 2. The pictures of the pear were taken in late summer with UV index around 4.

Here's a nice picture:
You are too kind!!!!
30.gif

Thats a fantastic picture, just love that lavender blue!!! Thank you FB!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

FB.

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s a picture of it being worn outdoors in the autumn sunshine:

d vs cushion in oct sun 017b standing outdoors.jpg

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW!!!!!!! Looks gorgeous, thats some pendant!!!

LadyLilac

Rough_Rock
I snapped this picture of my very strong blue fluoresence ring today and wanted to contribute it to this thread.

IMG_3798-1.JPG

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/18/2009 2:34:59 PM
Author: LadyLilac
I snapped this picture of my very strong blue fluoresence ring today and wanted to contribute it to this thread.
YUM!!! Thank you!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results