shape
carat
color
clarity

strmrdr - Question

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Are you in the industry or are you an enthusiastic civilian?

I respect your privacy but I''''m just curious.

If you want just say, "None of you beeswax!"

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/28/2006 11:52:35 PM
Author:kenny
33.gif

I respect your privacy but I''m just curious.

If you want just say, ''None of you beeswax!''
Storm is an enthusiastic civilian. Computers by day, and studies diamonds by night. Asscher''s are his true passion and he knows them like no one else. That''s why the phrase Storm worthy was created. He helped me pick out mine and has helped countless others. How he knows what he does is beyond my little blonde head. I highly respect his knowledge and hope someday he is snatched up by the industry, as that is his true calling.
12.gif

DiaLil

Rough_Rock
Staff Associate (secretary) by day and diamond geek by night.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks all, and thanks for the link too.

Cathers

Shiny_Rock
cool strmrdr! we own our own computer store(sales, service etc) and I always get riled up when my bf calls himself a computer geek....it should be phrased "computer God" as he is always "saving" people and their vital info
2.gif

take care

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/29/2006 12:45:39 AM
Author: Çã†hër§ 
cool strmrdr! we own our own computer store(sales, service etc) and I always get riled up when my bf calls himself a computer geek....it should be phrased ''computer God'' as he is always ''saving'' people and their vital info
2.gif

take care

rofl I get called that all the time too.
Iv been know to work 24 hours strait to do a recovery and get people''s computers back up.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/29/2006 12:34:35 AM
Author: kaleigh
Date: 5/28/2006 11:52:35 PM

Author:kenny

33.gif

I respect your privacy but I''m just curious.

If you want just say, ''None of you beeswax!''
Storm is an enthusiastic civilian. Computers by day, and studies diamonds by night. Asscher''s are his true passion and he knows them like no one else. That''s why the phrase Storm worthy was created. He helped me pick out mine and has helped countless others. How he knows what he does is beyond my little blonde head. I highly respect his knowledge and hope someday he is snatched up by the industry, as that is his true calling.
12.gif

:}

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/29/2006 12:40:51 AM
Author: kenny
Thanks all, and thanks for the link too.
Its kewl Kenny I get asked that question all the time.

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Caught the link from Rocky, thanks Ken.

As someone who has been in this industry for the past 26 years and am considered pretty meticulous regarding inspection and selection of top makes I would like to add the following.

Oftentimes in the industry (and I''m sure it happens in other industries as well) "armchair" experts are often criticized. I understand why they receive the criticisum they do becuase they are not there to physically the stone in question and of course there are limitations involved in not being able to do so. Sometimes the criticisms are public and more often behind closed doors. Admittedly there had been times in the past where I bite my tongue regarding some of the criticisms I see offered when I know a stone to be a knockout because judging diamonds by photographs is not always an easy task and I know the kind of detail that strm looks at, HOWEVER ... of self educated consumers on the subject of diamonds (and i know quite a few) I will tell you I''ve never met one as knowledgeable as strmrdr. Especially with regards to the interpretation of reflector images and how they impact face up appearance. Many research gemologists whom I am friendly with generally center their studies around particular subjects until they''ve found the answers to the questions they were seeking. My own has primarily centered around this subject (corellating reflector images of rounds to their face up appearance and brillianteered squares) and while Aschers have not been a *primary* study of my own, as we call in Aschers to inspect I find that strmrdr''s commentary is keenly accurate in just about every circumstance when he has the info he is seeking on the stone in question.

As an industry professional serving for nearly 3 decades, if strmrdr lived here in NY he''d have a job instantly as he is perhaps more knowledgeable about diamonds than most people selling them in this industry.

Peace,

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results