shape
carat
color
clarity

STRMRDR - A decade old update / plea

momofive

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Danny! Welcome back and I’m so happy you and your wife are finally settled and doing well.
I also thought of a three stone ring (for past, present and future), mainly because your story was so compelling and indicative of your love for each other. But, if she’s looking for a solitaire, you mentioned you liked the one James Allen ( JA) setting but couldn’t see the basket. The last photo they posted has a 360 viewer - just click on it and move your mouse Side to side to view it all the way around. You can get a good view of the basket that way.

I’m sure the pros would help you find the perfect ring. (I think the JA setting is very pretty).

If you want to move this thread to the Lab Diamond section, just click on the “REport Concern” link and post that you would like the thread moved to the Lab grown section. The moderator will move it for you.

Can’t wait to see what you find!

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
I'm a bit lost on where to properly post, so I apologize if I'm doing this wrong. I took Karl's advice and looked at "settings" and some diamonds but really I'm completely unqualified and forget what small amount I learned in 2007-08. Here's what I know and I wondered can someone take this info and help be like, "Yeah, we can get you that," pointing me to a diamond (that I'll unabashedly ask if Karl approves of lol) and I hand over the money and they send the ring, I feel incapable of buying a loose diamond and then matching it with a place that sells settings. Anyway:

1. I want a lab grown stone, whatever the right term for that is. Looks like ~2-2.75 carat is what I can afford. I want the "cut" to something you nerds (said with affection) would approve of and clarity and color to be in sort of upper class range but doesn't have to be perfect.
2. I like these settings but the odd thing to me is a lot of places don't let you see what the ring looks like under the stone, I think I saw a diagram calling it the "basket." I want that part to be simple, like petite if that's a proper word. Some rings I like don't show that bit so I'm unsure. But what I do think I know is:

- I like settings that have 6 prongs. I don't know why, I just like em. For example:

- I like when they have diamonds running down the side, I think that's called "pave".

https://www.adiamor.com/Top-Engagement-Ring-Styles (the very top photo, the one of the girl's hand, that ring on her hand, I like it.)

3. I'm trying not to confuse myself, but I think I might also like "pear" and "oval" shapes, though I don't know if that's like a "don't get too cute, pal" type of thing for a wedding ring for a middle classer like me.

4. I think I like the gold rings, they seem both classic and modern to me. If girls don't like them, please let me know.

Again, thank you all so much for the kindness. I'm happy to pay someone to help me but only if they get a letter of recommendation from Karl.:lol-2:

Any advice given the above? Again, my budget is ~$9500ish, for the whole ring, like the diamond and the setting.

You're definitely at the right forum! As Karl and momofive said, start a new thread over at the LGD section and I (a long with many others) will go to work to find you the absolute best LGD that your budget will get...and you can get north of 2.75 carats D-E, VS1+, and exceptionally well cut for your budget, if you want to go even bigger.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results