shape
carat
color
clarity

Stretching a Ring Setting

danusia

Rough_Rock
My James Allen ER has a 1.57 center diamond with 2- 15 pointers on either side and is a size 4.75. Due to a hand injury I have been unable to wear my ER over the past 2 years. How difficult would it be to get the ring stretched to a size 5.5? I know that James Allen has partnered with Jared. Was also wondering if I should take it there to get resized if I can be done (I know I will have to pay since it has been over 10 years since I purchased the ring) or a very reputable jeweler in my area instead.

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Resizing is very simple for most rings! Sometimes it's not possible with engraving, or if you have a setting with diamonds going all the way around the shank (the band part) - but it doesn't sound like you do based on your description

I recommend you take your ring to a reputable jeweler in your area to get them to do it...that's what i would do. It shouldn't be expensive and any jeweler can do it - i don't see any reason to mail it in anywhere

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Depending on how tall/thick the shank is, a jeweler might be able to shave off a bit on the inside.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is your ring made out of gold or platinum?

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes, go get it sized locally
Its too sad you can't wear it right now

danusia

Rough_Rock
Finally made it to the jewelers and he will resize to 6.5. That is how much my knuckle has enlarged and no hope of it going down. Should be ready in a week. I cannot wait. It has been over 2 1/2 years since I have been able to wear my ER and wedding band. Oh and DH is getting his diamond band resized as well.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Finally made it to the jewelers and he will resize to 6.5. That is how much my knuckle has enlarged and no hope of it going down. Should be ready in a week. I cannot wait. It has been over 2 1/2 years since I have been able to wear my ER and wedding band. Oh and DH is getting his diamond band resized as well.

well we need hand shots of both of you !

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Picked up my rings today. Had tears in my eyes because haven't worn them in over 2 years.

You have a beautiful set…I’m happy you are now able to wear them..

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your rings are beautiful! So happy for you that you can wear them again!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results