carat
color
clarity

Stressful situation,return JA ring , get Bluenile need help

iwantsparkle

Shiny_Rock
Re: Stressful situation,return JA ring , get Bluenile need h

diamondseeker2006|1475245837|4082348 said:
I would propose with the JA ring, which I think looks nicer, and not say one word about the setting being different. If she says anything, just say you read that diamonds set up higher are more likely to snag on things or bump things and chip. That probably will settle it. Not to mention, the diamond looks larger set close to the halo as opposed to being set too high above it.

Well said! +1

ljtoribio

Rough_Rock

thank you for all the amazing comments and help , I decided against going to blue Nile to compare the more I see the ring the more I like it and like several have said let my girlfriend make the desision if she wants to keep or change setting , if she mentions it's a lil different I will mention what you guys have said and I have no doubt she will understand as well. And at the end she will stay with this ring . Here are some pics that I took not the greatest pics but hopefully you guys can see

img_12837.jpg

img_12838.jpg

img_12839.jpg

img_12840.jpg

OECrystal

Shiny_Rock

ljtoribio,

I am so happy that you have decided to stick with the JA setting. I agree with what the others have said that the JA setting looks much nicer. I hope your soon-to-be fiance agrees, if she even notices the difference! Now you can focus on planing the proposal. =)

Congratulations!

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Good decision -- the ring is beautiful!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Your ring is beautiful! Can't wait to see how she feels!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

The ring looks lovely! I predict she will be in such awe she won't even care!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I totally agree with the others that this ring is beautiful and she is going to be thrilled! :appl:

WillyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

think my response very appropriate.
Good luck to the both of you

ljtoribio

Rough_Rock

thank you guys once again...

One last concern i had was she is a size 7.25 , would the width of the band make the ring look really small on her fingers ? the one she tried on at blue nile was i believe 2.02mm... the one i got from james allen is 1.8mm....would there be a big difference ?

kmarla

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

ljtoribio|1475431425|4082945 said:
thank you guys once again...

One last concern i had was she is a size 7.25 , would the width of the band make the ring look really small on her fingers ? the one she tried on at blue nile was i believe 2.02mm... the one i got from james allen is 1.8mm....would there be a big difference ?

I wouldn't worry about that at all. It's not a huge difference in width. Both are on the slim side. I wear a 6.5 and my current setting is about 1.6mm and I think it looks fine. The setting you chose is beautiful and I wish you all the best on your upcoming engagement!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium

It won't look too small at all. The smaller the band that bigger the diamond tends to look. The way this ring is built, 1.8 is a good size for the band without compromising the integrity of the entire ring itself.

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium

It's beautiful! I'm sure she'll love it.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results