shape
carat
color
clarity

Stressed...is anyone else in your bridal party getting a makeup trial?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

karasue91

Brilliant_Rock
I''m slightly annoyed with FMIL and FSIL...I''m getting my makeup trial next week and they want to get one too. I''m not annoyed that they want one, it''s their money, they will be paying to get it done.

I guess I''m annoyed with the fact that the makeup artist has a rule that you have to have at least 5 people getting makeup done for her to bring an assistant with her on the wedding day, so I''m afraid that if they decide they don''t like how she did their makeup then they will decide they don''t want her to do it on the wedding day and I''ll end up having to pay for them anyway. I''ve communicated this fact to FMIL....

She insists that she HAS to be the one at the reception hall directing everyone on how to put together the centerpieces, set up the cake, etc. I''ve told her I would really like it if she would come to the house where me and my BMs will be getting ready in the morning because I would like for us to all be able to relax, drink some mimosas and hang out a little before the stress of the day. Plus, she is the one who is driving MY mom to the house in the morning, and obviously I want my mom there too!!

I should just let her do what she wants, if she wants to control everything at the hall that morning, I should just let her and figure out another way for my mom to get to the house to hang out with us. Maybe I''m being too controlling by wanting her there to hang out with us too.

I think living with her is REALLY getting to me. It''s been 6.5 months now I have been living with FMIL and FFIL, FI and I are SOOO close to moving into our house, we just have to finish a few more things and then we can move in.....work has been AWFUL, I''ve been working 12 hour days, and I only have 2 more weeks before I''m off for the wedding and honeymoon!!!

Ugh so I guess this just turned into a vent....sorry! I guess my original question is just whether any of your other BMs or moms are getting makeup trials? The girl I hired is really good, her assistant did my makeup for the engagement pictures and it looked amazing, so I''m not sure why they think that when she does them it might not look so good....?

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
KS, you sound stressed...taking into account the hectic work schedule, living with your ILs for over 6 months, and being only 2 weeks to the wedding day, it''s no wonder!

I don''t think you''re being too controlling in wanting certain people to be with you in the house. But all you can do is ask - if she wants to be doing something else, whatever that may be, it''s not worth for you to stress over it. Do you not care about someone looking over the reception hall? Because if you don''t, maybe that''s something else you can express to her - that what''s important to you is for her to be there with you guys relaxing, not watching over the hall - that you trust the vendors you hired.

Anyway - now to your "real" question - I don''t think it''s customary for them to do makeup trials, but if they want to have them, I think you''d feel funny saying they can''t. Just have confidence that the girl will do a good job and they''ll end up going through with it. If they don''t, it''s really a waste of your $, but in a way it isn''t - you will be paying for 2 people that won''t be getting the service - but it''s not more than you would have paid anyway, since they make you pay for 5 regardless (unless I misunderstood how it works). If they decide they don''t want it, maybe you could treat someone else to the application?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results