shape
carat
color
clarity

Streesed out man seeking some expert advise!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jarhead

Rough_Rock
I am looking for a princess cut in the 3000-4000 range. Is this a good stone at a fair price? I know it's a little rectangle in shape, but is that a bad thing? I think I'm getting my self crazy with numbers. If I choose a stone with numbers similar to these will I have a good stone. I don't think I can get perfection in the .9-1.0 carat range for my budget. Thanks

Princess Cut

weight: .96
cut: very good
color: H
clarity: VS2
depth%: 71.9%
table%: 65%
crown height: 12.4%
crown angle: 38.8
pavillion angle: 63.5
pavillion depth: 55.7%
polish: very good
symmetry: good
girdle: slightly thick to thick
cutlet: none
fluo: none
measurements: 5.56 x 5.26 x 3.78
l/w ratio: 1.06

price $3800.00

john

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hi Jarhead,

Squid here (Navy Vet). You're off to a good start with the numbers. Your table is notably smaller than total depth and your total depth isn't too deep either. Also your crown height and angles are looking really good too. I'm not 100% sure where the 63 degree pavilion angle will put you on that stone but when we're hunting down the finest princess cuts this stone has the specs that we would deem worthy of further investigation. You've done all you can do regarding the numbers ... now it's a matter of seeing how those numbers *perform*.

Good luck to you Jarhead.

Regards,

jarhead

Rough_Rock
Rhino,
Should it be more or less than 63 degrees?

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade

----------------
On 10/8/2004 1:21:19 PM jarhead wrote:

Rhino,
Should it be more or less than 63 degrees?
----------------
With those crown angles jarhead, I'd be more confident if those angles were more around the 58-60 degree zone. At 63 degrees I'd want to see optical results via LightScope or BrillianceScope or both.

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Jarhead... I just found a stone with similar proportions we've scanned in with angles very close to the stone you're looking at. If you'd like to see the optical results drop me an email and I'll forward you a link. The 63 degree angles on this one may not be bad at all.

researcher

Ideal_Rock
This stone looks like it has great potential! I honestly think it could be a winner
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results