shape
carat
color
clarity

Stray animals must love my house

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Because look what my husband found cowering in our yard today?

I''ll get more pics when I get home - this is a crappy Blackberry shot my DH sent to me. They are SO adorable. I''m already trying to find homes for them in case no one comes looking, but I think they were dumped. The moment they saw my husband they came tearing up to him, hiding behind his legs because our neighbor dogs were barking at them. Poor babies.

If you recall, I found a kitten in our yard not long ago that we rehomed, and a little salamander that we kept. One of the kitties we have also "adopted" us. Animals love our house lol.

IMG00105-20100121-1125.jpg

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
OMG, the poor sweet babies!!!!!

Thank you for taking them in!!!!!!

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Awww!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

I wish strays loved my house!!

Thanks for taking care of the babies, MP!
2.gif

D

Deactivated member 42515

oh my god! they are so adorable! whoever abandoned these babies is such a heartless person! good thing they found a wonderful person like you who is willing to take care of them and find a great home for them!

i have found a couple of dogs myself,but never at my house. It''s kinda sad... last time I found a stray, he was wandering a grocery store parking lot and people were just driving by and just looking at him or just petting him and going their way.

I had to go to work but I knew that something could happen to him if left alone by a busy street! I would want someone to help my dogs if they ever got out!

When I reunited the owner with her dog, she ran towards me and I almost fell over from her hug. She was crying and was so grateful!

Its so sad the things people can do... I heard somebody found puppies in a plastic bag just dumped in a garbage!

My husband told me, when he was younger, there was this crazy hobo guy that HATED cats. So he would wander the streets finding cats and put them in a cage. There was a water sewer thing that would be empty during a certain time of day and then fill up again and so forth. He would put the cats at the bottom when it was dry and wait for the water to come in and watch them drown!!! my husband said he saw this and ran like crazy!

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/21/2010 2:12:20 PM
Author: YayTacori
i have found a couple of dogs myself,but never at my house. It''s kinda sad... last time I found a stray, he was wandering a grocery store parking lot and people were just driving by and just looking at him or just petting him and going their way.

I don''t know why people do this. My husband said when he first saw them, they were huddled in the street, and that cars were just driving on past without stopping. Gah!

ArtistJess

Shiny_Rock
Aww! Sweet little things! Puppies just melt my heart in a way that nothing else can!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMGAHHH!!! They are too cute. You must keep them
1.gif
!

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/21/2010 2:14:09 PM
Author: tyty333
OMGAHHH!!! They are too cute. You must keep them
1.gif
!

I totally would, but we have two kitties that are NOT impressed by dogs at all lol. Our oldest kitty is ok with them, but the other two won''t come out from under the bed now hehe.

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
wow, MP! i cant quite see what these are; the one on the left looks like a miniature jaguar!

ok, so they''re dogs, but - puppies? what kind? poor little loves! they look so adorable sleeping like that!

you know i love animals - especially dogs - and when i read your post i felt a real sense of relief that they were with you; i know they''re gonna be safe.

thanks mamma-pie :)

Callisto

Brilliant_Rock
OH MY GOSH!!! I want one.

SO is lucky you''re not in Dallas or he''d be in for a big surprise when he got home.

Inanna

Brilliant_Rock
They are adorable!
30.gif

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
i''m so glad he found them.....and that you''re looking for a home for them already!

sometimes we are magnates. i was for years.....cats would just seem to come down the hillside to my home, i''d find them on the side of the road, and lahonda was in the engine of a honda car at the santa cruz beach boardwalk. that''s why i had 9 cats at one point in time.

however, that all changed when we moved to our present home. we''re so isolated that i''m afraid the coyotes get any strays........i have yet to see a stray in the 6 years we''ve been here.

again, thank you for helping these babies!

mz

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yeah, hubs said we could have one, BUT he doesn''t think my dad would be thrilled...

choro72

Brilliant_Rock
Keep them! Your kitty will get used to it!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ah, so cute! Hope you find a good home for them.

The house we use to live in also attracted strays. Most of them were too shy to be pet, but one was crazy in love with being cuddled with. We kept him for a while and then rehomed him because we had four other cats at the time (two of those we rehomed, as well).

How is your salamander doing? Is he growing or do you think he was full-size when you found him?

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/21/2010 3:21:31 PM
Author: MC
How is your salamander doing? Is he growing or do you think he was full-size when you found him?

Ponyo is doing great - he has had two growth spurts, and shed his skin both times. He is a serious chunker now! His head is humongous. I''ll have to get a new picture of him. He still begs when we walk in the room, standing up in the corner of his aquarium hoping we will feed him lol.

My husband found the mama dog and her two puppies - the babies stuck in the empty ditch! - and called Animal Control. The woman that came out to see had already been called on this same mama dog THREE TIMES. Apparently the owners never kept her in the yard, never fed her, and basically ignored her. So the Animal Control woman wrote them a citation and took both the mama dog and her puppies, and let us keep the two we had to rehome. Liz might take one, and a couple of my other friends want one, so I will see who gets them
1.gif
Happy day!

radiantquest

Ideal_Rock
I am also glad that you took them in. Its fun with them and you feel so good taking care of them. I want to start an animal shelter, but DH says that there is no way that I could handle it. It really is my dream to have a big house with a lot of land and take in all the animals that need homes. Maybe when we are in a better financial situation he will let me build a little out building that I can keep animals in. Really they aren''t that costly. After the vet bills it is only food. And if I had a lot of land I could let them run and play all during the warm weather and then they could sleep in the out building. I am seriously going to push it when we get our new house because we will get a two car garage and his truck is too tall to fit in one so I could bring all the little sweeties in the garage in the winter and at night. I would be so happy!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
GAH!!!! Look at those guys!
They''re so precious, thank you for caring for them.

I hope you can find a forever home for them soon, the sweet little bears.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh they''re so cute! I hope they all find good homes..mommy dog included-I''m assuming AC won''t be taking them back to the house they gave the citation, right?

My parents have cats and mom and I, out of dad''s earshot, used to tell people if we knew they were going to dump a cat, or take it to the vet to be put down, to just bring it to our house. We did have strays wander in and join the club, but not as many as dad thought haha.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/21/2010 4:45:13 PM
Author: packrat
Oh they''re so cute! I hope they all find good homes..mommy dog included-I''m assuming AC won''t be taking them back to the house they gave the citation, right?

No, they took her in with the puppies. I am HOPING she finds a home too - I''m not sure how long they will keep her if she''s aggressive, and she was trying to attack my husband and the AC lady when they got the puppies out of the ditch.
7.gif

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m glad they''re not going back there. D''you spose she was anxious, being in the ditch and then strange people coming and taking her puppies? I feel bad for her.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/21/2010 4:50:54 PM
Author: packrat
I''m glad they''re not going back there. D''you spose she was anxious, being in the ditch and then strange people coming and taking her puppies? I feel bad for her.

The AC woman said she has always been aggressive, probably because she got no attention at all at home.
7.gif

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Aw, that''s too bad. Poor dog. When that happens and you have animals taken from you like that, is there anything to prevent you from going right back out and getting another? I''m betting there isn''t but there should be.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
I wish there was! I am hoping these people are too cheap and lazy to go out and get another
29.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/21/2010 3:46:45 PM
Author: MonkeyPie

Date: 1/21/2010 3:21:31 PM
Author: MC

Ponyo is doing great - he has had two growth spurts, and shed his skin both times. He is a serious chunker now! His head is humongous. I''ll have to get a new picture of him. He still begs when we walk in the room, standing up in the corner of his aquarium hoping we will feed him lol.
Yes, post more photos of Ponyo! The skin shedding sounds a bit scary. lol My fish all swim up to the corner when they see me as well. The guppies always act especially hungry - possibly why we never have any babies. I think they eat them all! lol Today I found one baby in the tank. Hopefully it survives.

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
I just don''t understand how people can do harm to animals and not care. It literally makes my heart hurt and makes me so sad.
38.gif

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Oh my they are so precious!! I''m sure strays are attracted to your home because they know they''ll find lots of love there!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awwww they''re so cute
30.gif

Poor dears. I hope you can find good homes for them quickly and easily!

They must come running to your place because all their critter friends have told them just where to go when they''re in trouble
1.gif

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
You and your hubby are such good samaritans!! The world needs more of you! I hope you''re able to find homes for these little tykes!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results