shape
carat
color
clarity

Strawberry quartz hardness??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

chictomato

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hi there does strawberry quartz falls in the quartz category in the Moh scale? that's a 7? They looks Yummmy.... :) Is it hardy enough to be set as a ring?S.Q

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Yup, everything that ends with the word "quartz" (strawberry, smoky, olive, rose quartz...) is 7 on the scale i.e. OK for rings. Actually, the very fact that these stones are usually cut as cabochons makes them even more suitable and easier to wear in rings, as cabs wear off more slowly than faceted stones.

chictomato

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Tks ma re!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Although not high on the Moh scale, as a cabochon, they stand up quite well as a ring stone.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
i wear a LARGE...actually, VERY LARGE....rutilated quartz ring and i''m rough on rings......it is perfectly fine. i''ve been eyeing those strawberry quartz cabs, too.......

mz

chictomato

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Date: 10/12/2009 10:46:18 PM
Author: movie zombie
i wear a LARGE...actually, VERY LARGE....rutilated quartz ring and i''m rough on rings......it is perfectly fine. i''ve been eyeing those strawberry quartz cabs, too.......

mz

Rutilated Quartz are nice too! I seen some photos of that
21.gif
Do you have any source for it? I think I am more to visually admiration that possession.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/12/2009 11:14:55 PM
Author: chictomato

Date: 10/12/2009 10:46:18 PM
Author: movie zombie

mz

Rutilated Quartz are nice too! I seen some photos of that
21.gif
Do you have any source for it? I think I am more to visually admiration that possession.
Rutilated quartz is all over eBay. They are common and cheap. My jeweler says there are rooms full of them at the Tucson gem show.

Barry at acstones has several as well. Rutilated Quartz Cab

chictomato

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I still prefer my dendritic quartz:) strawberry quartz is too sweet for me.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
too sweet: that''s probably why i didn''t buy one! sweet just isn''t part of my jewelry style.

mz

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results