shape
carat
color
clarity

Strawberries has a dress!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
So Mom called me Friday and said she heard Brides for Breast Cancer (http://bridesagainstbreastcancer.org/) was coming to town (3 minutes from my house!) this weekend. It''s great because the dresses are insanely discounted, and the money goes towards a great cause. I''ve been stalling dress shopping because FI and I still haven''t been able to decide on a date/venue. So Mom and I decided to go, but went in with no expectations. We went yesterday, and I actually ended up unable to decide between 2 dresses. We held them both and went back today, but I also decided to look through all the rest of the racks today also. I ended up trying on many more dresses, and I settled on 3 I just couldn''t decide between (one of these was one of the two held from yesterday). I probably took over an hour staring at them then trying them on for all the volunteers, trying to get nit picky just to make a decision! Man, it was hard!!

I finally picked one today.
9.gif
Mainly had to because they''re leaving town tonight!
5.gif
If I decide to later, which I definitely have time to, I can go down to their store in South Carolina (only 3 hours from here) and exchange my dress for another - they have thousands of dresses there.

I didn''t have time to last night, but I wanted to post the dresses to get your opinions, because I so enjoy looking at all the dresses on here! So before I reveal which one I chose, I''d like your opinions on all 3!
1.gif

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
Dress #1 (please ignore the funny faces I''m making...
5.gif
)

Dresses 034 e.jpg

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
Back of #1 - buttons from top to bottom!!
30.gif

Dresses 033 e.jpg

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
Closeup of #1 - I think a sweetheart neckline would look nice with this one.

Dresses 035.jpg

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
Dress #2 - the tightest of them all through the waist, but still definitely bearable.

Dresses 026 e.jpg

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
Back of #2 - there would be no straps, and there are buttons starting at the waist through the bottom (I think the trains are really long, so I considered shortening it up and adding the extra buttons to the bodice)

Dresses 015 e.jpg

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
Closeup of #2 - my only thing here was the seam under the bodice makes a slight wrinkle under the bottom seam - see it? (and the bodice being so tight almost made it seem like it accentuated my hips more, at least the one without beading)

Dresses 024.jpg

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
Dress #3 - almost a champagne/tan color - darker than the others, but I think it went well with my skin... not as bride-y though (sorry again about the faces... the veils make me feel silly right now
5.gif
)

ETA: call me crazy, but I wondered about this today... it almost looked to me like the seam at the waist was slightly crooked - higher on the left of the picture than on the right, just by a tad... but many people told me that was just me.

Dresses 031 e.jpg

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
Back of #3 - buttons only down the bodice, but they actually close over the zipper... nothing else on the train, except pleats and pretty color!

Dresses 032 e.jpg

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
Well folks, that''s it! Here''s a last picture of the back of all 3 dresses - I stared at them hanging here for forever today
3.gif

Dresses 037 - all 3.jpg

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
I think my favorites are # 1 and # 3. I think I''d say my final vote is for # 1 since it has all the buttons, and because it''s so pretty and unique. However, they''re all beautiful and you couldn''t go wrong.

Definitely. Maybe

Brilliant_Rock
Love #1!

I
30.gif
the lace and buttons! With a sweetheart neckline I think it would be PERFECT!

ash313

Brilliant_Rock
That's so great you got a dress - how exciting!!! Go figure that just when you aren't expecting much...three great dresses!

These are all gorgeous on you! I hate to pick because I know you already chose, but....

I like #1 the best - something about the softness of the lace is beautiful, and it fits you so well. I also
30.gif
the covered buttons down the back. And I agree with you that a sweetheart neckline would look pretty with that one.

Don't keep us waiting too long, I'm DYING to see the one you chose!!! I can see why you stared at them so long, that's a tough choice!!

ETA: I can totally see the crookedness of the seam on #3, too - weird!

diamondgirl4382

Shiny_Rock
What beautiful dresses! You have such good taste! They are all very flattering on you. I love the beading/lace detail on #1, as well as the buttons all the way down the back. #2 is very flattering and makes your waist look tiny! And the color of #3 is really beautiful. They all look great on you, it''s hard to guess which one you picked.

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
I even called FI and asked him to come look and give me opinions today when I couldn''t decide, but he''d seen pictures from Saturday, and assured me he''d like anything I picked. Hehe I''ve shown him the pictures from today, but he has no idea which one was picked.
9.gif
Keeping the element of surprise!
27.gif

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, this is an easy one for me! Number 1 all the way!! Number one looked great on you, and I too, love the buttons all the way down the back of the dress. Number three seemed to cut you in two, and did not flow to me. Number two was pretty as well, but my favorite was the first one
30.gif

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
I really like #1, closely followed by #3. They both look fantastic on you! It''s so cool that you found a dress and I''m excited to hear which one you chose.

blackpolkadot

Shiny_Rock
How awesome you found 3 dresses!! I think #1 suits you best- it''s gorgeous!

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
Thank you all for the opinions so far!!

redfaerythinker - They WERE all so pretty! It was such a hard choice.

Definitely Maybe - Yeah they told me today the sweetheard neckline would be simple to change. I think it''d be a little more feminine.

leeNY - I know, that''s how it ALWAYS works with me! Just when I''m not expecting anything! Haha, I''ve spent COUNTLESS HOURS on the internet perusing for dresses to try in salons!! Hehe and don''t feel bad to pick one, that''s what I''m curious about - what people like! (I''ll show the picked one soon, promise!) And isn''t that weird about the seam on #3?? I figured it might be an optical illusion of sorts because of the diagonal lines in the bodice, but I wasn''t sure.

diamondgirl - Thank you!
1.gif
Yeah it was such a hard choice - I just couldn''t believe we found so many that worked!

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
Beachrunner - Thank you sincerely for the descriptions and honest opinions!

elrohwen - Thanks! Yeah I think it''s awesome we found some, and were able to pick one!

blackpolkadot - Thank you!

Winslet

Shiny_Rock
I''m a big fan of #1
9.gif

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
#1 speaks to me the most. I think I like the bodice on that one the best. I do love the side-swept look of the bodice on #2 along with the sweetheart neckline but the layers of lace and beading of #1 are my favorite. They are all lovely though!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like #1, it''s so beautiful. Next is number 3.

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
Winslet - Thanks!

Clairitek - Thank you for the opinions and descriptions. They make it such a difficult decision don''t they!

Gypsy - Thank you!

rockin11

Shiny_Rock
#1!
36.gif
I love the detail and you look beautiful in it! can''t wait to find out what you went with!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
#3 and then #1. I love them all though. What lovely gowns!!! I can''t wait to find out what you picked!!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, thanks for telling us about this! I am not seeing on the site where the store is in SC...can you show me where that is? (Found it..Santee)

PS...all three dresses look great on you!

panda08

Brilliant_Rock
Oooh, how exciting! I like the color of #3 but like #1 better; I''m a sucker for buttons running down the back of a dress. They''re all very flattering on you. Can''t wait to hear which one you wind up choosing!

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
Easy peasy, #1! It just looks the most "finished" on you. I love the lace on the bodice, and like EVERYONE else, the buttons
36.gif

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
rockin11 - Thank you so much!

Freke - Thank you! They are all lovely aren''t they? You should have seen the selection of ones I didn''t even try on - SOOOO many beautiful dresses!!

panda08 - Yes, very exciting! Thank you. I''ve always liked buttons down the back, but I didn''t look just for that... haha so it''s funny how all 3 choices had the buttons. So elegant!

mayachel - Finished is good! Hahahahaha boy, I wish it had been easy peasy while I was in there today!! Looking at the pictures now, I definitely feel like I made the right choice. But it was so hard while in there to make a decision!!! I had to get so nit picky about little things I normally would never notice right off. It''s good I paid attention to them though.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results