shape
carat
color
clarity

Strategic jewelry purchasing. What would you do?

How would you spend your hard earned earring money?

• I'd get the best everyday earrings I could afford and wear them for evening (and the wedding) too. C

Votes: 43 84.3%
  • I'd get some amazing dress earrings, you only live once so you may as well look fabulous doing it!

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Compromise a little and get a pair of each, it's the best of both worlds.

Votes: 4 7.8%
  • None of the above, I have a better idea wich I will explain in great detail below....

Votes: 3 5.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kimmy

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I should also add that I am around your age and wear a lovely pair of 1ctw studs everyday that my mom gave me for my 21st birthday. I just purchased a larger pair as well. I think .80-.90ctw is a perfect size. It will give you a lot of bling without being overly flashy. IMG_1050.jpg

4ever

Ideal_Rock
Ahhh, you guys don't know how helpful you have all been!

Pulled the trigger today on 2x 0.41ct H SI2 EX each stones (wich great HCA scores) for studs. They are super gorgeous and very very lively. :love: I am very keen on making up some drop shaped pearl and diamond dangles for the wedding but there is lots of time to think up a great design, find some yummy drop shaped pearls and save some more money. In the mean time I am having a great time obsessing about settings and getting a 0.25ctw pair in the same settings for my second piercings..... and then maybe some cute little 0.10ctw studs for my third ear piercings. ::)

I'm thinking martinis in white gold but not sure about screw backs or not.....

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ehhhh I am excited for your purchase :bigsmile:

mrs jam

Brilliant_Rock
4ever|1307610450|2941452 said:
Ahhh, you guys don't know how helpful you have all been!

Pulled the trigger today on 2x 0.41ct H SI2 EX each stones (wich great HCA scores) for studs. They are super gorgeous and very very lively. :love: I am very keen on making up some drop shaped pearl and diamond dangles for the wedding but there is lots of time to think up a great design, find some yummy drop shaped pearls and save some more money. In the mean time I am having a great time obsessing about settings and getting a 0.25ctw pair in the same settings for my second piercings..... and then maybe some cute little 0.10ctw studs for my third ear piercings. ::)

I'm thinking martinis in white gold but not sure about screw backs or not.....

Awesome choice! I think dangles will be a wonderful way to get the best of both worlds.

As far as the screw backs go for the settings, have you worn screw backs before? It seems that most people either love them or hate them, and I HATE them!!! My husband gave me a beautiful pair of earrings when we were dating that had screw backs, and they made me feel like my earlobes were giving birth to a hacksaw whenever I put them in or took them out.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Very nice! That is a great size, and H SI2 is my earring sweet spot. :)

I'd vote against the screwbacks - I have a pair that I NEVER wear, because they're such a PITA to get on and off. And, frankly, in my experience, tight butterfly backs are just as secure: you have to check both types periodically, anyway, but the screwbacks can give a false sense of security. Way too many horror stories about them coming unscrewed over time!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yep, screwbacks aren't ideal. It took over a month for my ears to adjust to putting mine on due to the threading grinding my ear hole. eh! Then they DO unscrew. The back on one of my earrings always came close to falling off. I had to check it multiple times per day. I upgraded to larger .82 ctw and now have tension/butterfly back and they're much more secure!.

manderz

Brilliant_Rock
I agree about not liking screw backs. I also have 3 sets of piercings in my lobes, and it's quite the production to take them all out and clean them without them being screw backs. Plus, I find them very uncomfortable for my second, and especially third holes. I will be sticking with my plain old friction backs :)

4ever

Ideal_Rock
Thanks again guys! I will just make sure to get some nice massive firm backs for them.

I do usually advise people against screwbacks in the shop because I know their are a lot of down sides and people do gasp in horror when I tell them that their threads are too worn and how much the posts are to replace. I am just VERY paranoid about loosing one of these studs because I know what a PITA it would be to find another matching dia and how long I would have to save up to replace one stupid fecking earring.

Just waiting to hear back from BGD and WF re cost of martinis VS getting our jeweller to whip some 18ct ones up for me.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results