shape
carat
color
clarity

Strange food combinations

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
yennyfire|1330043045|3132850 said:
Butter, onion and sugar sandwiches. A kid I went to elementary school ate these everyday and I got up the courage to taste it one time...and one time only! Ewww!! The sugar and butter on their own would have been fine, but the onions just did me in!

Yeah. That would do it for me too. ICK.

BUT you reminded of a girl in my fifth grade class and her sandwiches. READY? Peanut butter, pickle and potato chip. The potato chips were in a separate bag and she would take the top bread off the sandwiches (and expose the pickles) and then crumple the chips right on there and eat it as one big squicky sandwich.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gypsy|1330047750|3132925 said:
Butter, onion and sugar sandwiches. A kid I went to elementary school ate these everyday and I got up the courage to taste it one time...and one time only! Ewww!! The sugar and butter on their own would have been fine, but the onions just did me in!

Yeah. That would do it for me too. ICK.

BUT you reminded of a girl in my fifth grade class and her sandwiches. READY? Peanut butter, pickle and potato chip. The potato chips were in a separate bag and she would take the top bread off the sandwiches (and expose the pickles) and then crumple the chips right on there and eat it as one big squicky sandwich.

:knockout: The combo sounds pretty yuck. Though on their own I love all the foods in that combo but together, ewwww.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Haven|1330045926|3132898 said:
This thread is making me feel simultaneously eeked out and hungry. Hmmm . . .

I feel so much better about my milk habit. DH can't stomach it when I drink milk with pizza, so that's the one time I just drink water, instead. Otherwise, he deals with it.

Haven- I love milk with everything!!! Especially pasta! My Italian hubby is utterly disguisted by the thought. :)

tuffyluvr

Brilliant_Rock
Peanut butter and bacon sandwiches!!!

tuffyluvr

Brilliant_Rock
Ooh!! I just thought of such a good one! My dad loves peanut butter, mayo and lettuce sandwiches. Apparently discovered when my grandma hurriedly put together the wrong sandwiches for the kid's lunches. My uncle got ham and jelly and my dad got PB, mayo and lettuce. And loved it!

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
tuffyluvr|1330060442|3133088 said:
Ooh!! I just thought of such a good one! My dad loves peanut butter, mayo and lettuce sandwiches. Apparently discovered when my grandma hurriedly put together the wrong sandwiches for the kid's lunches. My uncle got ham and jelly and my dad got PB, mayo and lettuce. And loved it!

This reminds me of my dad how once combined tuna salad sandwich with a peanut butter and jelly sandwich at a picnic when we were kids. We all say EEEEW, and I remember him saying that it all ends up mushed together in the stomach anyway!

My dad also has creative ideas for breakfast. He'll put scrambled eggs, banana, and jelly between toast,and call it his breakfast sandwich.

SidekickSteph

Rough_Rock
I must say that I am guilty of bacon & peanut butter sandwiches :) SO thinks its horrible, but he has YET to try it!

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock

My mom used to make me butter and sugar sandwiches when i was younger and they were yum!!! Can't imagine onion on it though!

tuffyluvr

Brilliant_Rock
SidekickSteph|1330061203|3133098 said:
I must say that I am guilty of bacon & peanut butter sandwiches :) SO thinks its horrible, but he has YET to try it!

Omg, they are so, so, soooo good!!! I would get them in my lunch occasionally as a kid and I loved them!!! So fatty/crispy/creamy/salty/sweet and it has to be on really soft white bread. FI was weirded out by it at first, but hooked once he tried it! I have never know anyone else who knew about PB and bacon!!!

tuffyluvr

Brilliant_Rock
kenny|1330030512|3132668 said:
Trader Joe's sells chocolate-covered potato chips.

I have not yet tried them.
I want to but can't bring myself to buy them.

Mmmm... They're gooooooood!!!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
My son likes to eat nori and drink milk at the same time :knockout:

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dreamer_D|1330068719|3133140 said:

Okay. That's gross. You win.

Deia

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Mayo sandwich....a girl I knew used ot eat these constantly, I was like eww...just mayo and bread, say what? I tried it and liked it...haven't had one in years!

I ordered friend chicken and waffles at Amy Ruth's in NYC (Harlem to be exact)...The Rev. Al Sharpton special. I was amazed at how well it worked together...maple syrup and all. Obviously a incredibly unhealthy lunch but OMG. It was the BEST friend chicken I have ever had. Not greasy at all, and the chicken super moist. Hmmm..I am hungry!

Jennifer W

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Milk! :knockout: I don't even like to pour it for someone else to drink. I don't like to have it in the house. Grossest of all the gross things in the world. :lol:

Jennifer W

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Milk! :knockout: I don't even like to pour it for someone else to drink. I don't like to have it in the house. Grossest of all the gross things in the world. :lol:

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
dreamer_dachsie said:
never heard of nori.. :/

tuffyluvr

Brilliant_Rock
Amys Bling|1330090869|3133233 said:
dreamer_dachsie said:
never heard of nori.. :/

Japanese roasted seaweed :razz:

lovebug1031

Shiny_Rock
tuffyluvr|1330063148|3133114 said:

Omg, they are so, so, soooo good!!! I would get them in my lunch occasionally as a kid and I loved them!!! So fatty/crispy/creamy/salty/sweet and it has to be on really soft white bread. FI was weirded out by it at first, but hooked once he tried it! I have never know anyone else who knew about PB and bacon!!!

This just makes me want one even more! It sounds sooooo good

I was reading this and thinking "I don't eat anything weird" then started to realize I definitely do!

Flufferella sandwich (i totally made this name up!)- peanut butter, marshmallow fluff, and nutella - and even better if you add bananas!
I think the weirdest thing, at least to other people, i'll eat is a tuna sandwich with swiss cheese and pepperoni!
And I don't think this is weird in the least either, but I eat spaghetti sanwiches all the time! Its just spaghetti with sauce on a peice of buttered white bread folded in half! It's probably my favorite thing in the whole world to eat!

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
You just reminded me of another facet of my Nutella obsession. Warm toast with peanut butter and Nutella. The heat melts the peanut butter, so everything is gooey. Perfect. I make it on whole grain toast, so I can fool myself that it isn't as incredibly unhealthy as it really is.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
This is my new favorite thread. Everyone's contributions are so funny!

We're focusing on food ethics in my 101 class, and we started out the term writing food autobiographies. One of the things I shared that made my class squirm was that I eat my oatmeal with honey and raisins. For some reason, the raisins grossed them out.

DH eats fruit in his cottage cheese. I think that is so disgusting. Pineapple, berries, etc. Ugh.I eat cherry or grape tomatoes in my cottage cheese. YUMMO.

I hate fruit in salads, too. Except for apples. I'll eat apples in nearly anything.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Deia|1330088907|3133209 said:
Mayo sandwich....a girl I knew used ot eat these constantly, I was like eww...just mayo and bread, say what? I tried it and liked it...haven't had one in years!

I ordered friend chicken and waffles at Amy Ruth's in NYC (Harlem to be exact)...The Rev. Al Sharpton special. I was amazed at how well it worked together...maple syrup and all. Obviously a incredibly unhealthy lunch but OMG. It was the BEST friend chicken I have ever had. Not greasy at all, and the chicken super moist. Hmmm..I am hungry!
Oh man, I had the best chicken and waffles at Roscoe's in LA last year. You're not kidding--that is the perfect combo.
And I don't usually like anything fried, other than potatoes.

sillyberry

Brilliant_Rock
I love jelly on my eggs -- when I was little I used to do it in secret because for some strange reason I thought I would get in trouble. My dad's "secret" to macaroni and cheese was a squirt of ketchup.

I love milk and will drink it with anything (I used to gross out my friends in college by getting a 32 oz milk from the cafeteria...kind of grosses me out now, come to think of it).

I love sweet and salty, so I love fries and milkshakes. Hated Mo's Bacon Bar although I expected to love it. Love fruit in salads. Had a delicious one this week with oranges and dates. I love dates. I love bacon wrapped dates. Jaleo in DC has fried bacon wrapped dates that may be the world's most perfect food. Here's a recipe for them.

I don't think any of these things are all that strange, but undoubtedly someone will! :lol:

lovebug1031

Shiny_Rock
Haven|1330103558|3133403 said:
This is my new favorite thread. Everyone's contributions are so funny!

We're focusing on food ethics in my 101 class, and we started out the term writing food autobiographies. One of the things I shared that made my class squirm was that I eat my oatmeal with honey and raisins. For some reason, the raisins grossed them out.

DH eats fruit in his cottage cheese. I think that is so disgusting. Pineapple, berries, etc. Ugh.I eat cherry or grape tomatoes in my cottage cheese. YUMMO.
I hate fruit in salads, too. Except for apples. I'll eat apples in nearly anything.

My bf also likes fruit in cottage cheese, which in theory I'm ok with....but the ONLY fruit he'll eat in cottage cheese is bananas, i think it sounds TERRIBLE!!!

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
You know, I'm starting to think bacon and chocolate is something I could get into. Salty and sweet is YUM.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

A shop in town makes gorgeous doughnuts--one is maple and bacon. (jelly modern doughnuts)

cheers--Sharon

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
French Fries in chocolate icing.

Lynnie

Brilliant_Rock
For the cream cheese and jelly lovers - you HAVE to try poppers (the cream cheese kind) with grape jelly. YUM!!!

I dip my pickles in ketchup, too! I eat ketchup with a LOT of stuff - potatoes (even potato chips!), beef (not just hamburger, either), chicken, cheesesteaks (I live in Philly), eggs... mmmm I love me some ketchup! :lickout:
I also like balsamic vinegar - straight - in salads, on deli sandwiches, to dip french fries or chips or bread or cheese... Unfortunately, I'm preggo and get heartburn with it anymore :nono: Not that it stops me - bring on the TUMS! haha

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chocolate covered bacon is to die for!!! Yummmm!!!!

SidekickSteph

Rough_Rock
lovebug1031|1330095565|3133281 said:
tuffyluvr|1330063148|3133114 said:

This just makes me want one even more! It sounds sooooo good

I was reading this and thinking "I don't eat anything weird" then started to realize I definitely do!

Flufferella sandwich (i totally made this name up!)- peanut butter, marshmallow fluff, and nutella - and even better if you add bananas!
I think the weirdest thing, at least to other people, i'll eat is a tuna sandwich with swiss cheese and pepperoni!
And I don't think this is weird in the least either, but I eat spaghetti sanwiches all the time! Its just spaghetti with sauce on a peice of buttered white bread folded in half! It's probably my favorite thing in the whole world to eat!

THEY ARE SO GOOD! especially on bagels! I LOVE eating nutella, peanut butter, and sliced strawberry and banana sandwiches! ...

LAJennifer

Ideal_Rock
Haven|1330103621|3133404 said:
Deia|1330088907|3133209 said:

Oh man, I had the best chicken and waffles at Roscoe's in LA last year. You're not kidding--that is the perfect combo.
And I don't usually like anything fried, other than potatoes.

Roscoe's chicken and waffles . . . one of things I miss the most about LA.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results