shape
carat
color
clarity

Straight to Show me the Ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dr. H

Rough_Rock
Hello everyone on Pricescope.

Although I didn''t post any specific questions, the wealth of knowledge on the boards and the pricescope vendors websites was all I needed to make a great choice. So thanks to everyone who reads this for all of your contributions to this fabulous forum.

Now to my specifics:

I''ve been looking for an engagement ring for about 6 months. I was travelling quite extensively in the beginning of the year so I didn''t have time (and wasn''t in the country enough) to make a purchase. My project finally wrapped up in April so it was time to get serious. My GF and I have talked about engagement, getting married, etc. But we haven''t really put a timeline to it. She always jokes with me that she needs her perfect carbon, then I joke back that CZ looks great, small diamonds are good...

She has NO idea that I''ve been actively looking for the "perfect" stone for her. I am a materials engineer by degree so symmetry, crystallography fascinates me. I never really researched much about face center cubic (FCC) oriented carbon. Diamonds were things I used to cut stuff. Once I started reading into the details about cut & light. I think I spent too much time looking for the perfect/perfect diamond.

I decided that I was going to purchase from the vendors who provided the most information about the stones & cared the most about cut. So I looked everyday on GoG & HPD & WF for the one. I read on the boards about BGD, read about Brian Gavin''s reputation and sent a e-mail to them at around 12 Midnight PDT. Much to my surprise, I received a e-mail back in a few minutes from Lesley Harris. Later I learned that they are in Houston so she was still working at 2AM.

She sent me what she had in stock but none the current stones had fit my requirements. Then they got back from AGS a stone that met my requirements. I analyzed every facet of the stone to make sure it was the one.....and I bought it.

Now for the details that all of you love to see:
From the Sarin Report:

1.26ct
Dia: 6.95 (Min-Max: 6.92-6.98)
Total Depth 61.2%
Pavilion Angle 40.7 (40.7-40.7)
Crown Angle 34.8 (34.7-34.9)
Table 56.8%
Girdle Medium - Sl.Thick
LG Halves 77%
Stars 53
HCA = 1.1

The setting is only temporary. We will work together to chose the setting after I propose. We are on our way to Hawaii tomorrow. My current plan is to propose on July 1st, but if the mood is right before that then I will just go ahead.

Again thanks to everyone who contributes to this board. Especially to GoG where I learned so much. And thanks to BGD & Lesley. I can definitely recommend them to anyone who reads this post.

I will attach a few more photos that I took as well.

Brian_Gavin_six_Prong_Solitaire4.jpg

Dr. H

Rough_Rock
My attempt to get Arrows.

BGD_IMG_1223.jpg

Dr. H

Rough_Rock
In the box with morning light.

BGD_IMG_1237.jpg

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
It''s a beautiful ring Dr. H! Isn''t Lesley fabulous? I love working with her on projects and I''m happy to hear your are thrilled with your diamond! She''s going to love it, good luck!

Dr. H

Rough_Rock
Final Photo:
I call it the BGD Quad Photo.

BGD Quad Photo.JPG

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
Congrats on your purchase..it''s just BEAUTIFUL!
30.gif
She will be OVER THE MOON with that stone. It''s just lovely.

I can''t wait to see her hand shots and hear about the proposal!

Once again congrats!! Hawaii is PERFECT..you can''t go wrong in Hawaii for a proposal.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful! Well done, and I think it''s great you two will design the ring together. Perfect!

Good luck, though between your destination and this stone, I have a suspician you won''t need it.
2.gif

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lovely! Out of curiosity, what is the color and clarity? I didn''t notice that in your posts.

Will you have BGD make the setting too?

SeattleSweetheart

Shiny_Rock
30.gif
Gorgeous stone!
30.gif

What a romantic idea to propose in Hawaii! I hope your plans go perfectly.

Dr. H

Rough_Rock
AGS says the color is G & Clarity VS2.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Gorgeous! I hope you''ll come back to post handshots. :)

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, gorgeous stone! Cant wait to see the setting you come up with. Congratulations on your upcoming engagement!

tigian

Ideal_Rock
Can''t wait to see what setting you choose for that gorgeous stone. Congratulations on your upcoming engagement and have a wonderful trip.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stunning! I LOVE Brians diamond photos! Good luck with the proposal!

joelly

Ideal_Rock
What can I say, it''s simply GORGEOUS!!!! After you talked to her about CZ and small diamonds, she will be blown by this. My FI did this to me too and when he gave me the "real" deal, I was blown away. Didn''t even hear what he said during the proposal, I kept looking at the ring, even forgot to say yes.

36.gif
Congrats on the pending engagement. Keep us posted. I am looking forward to the handshots and the permanent setting of her choice.

starshine

Shiny_Rock
She will be thrilled!!! Well done!
36.gif

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous. Congrats and good luck on your upcoming proposal!

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Very beautiful! She''s gonna be so thrilled!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Lovely!! Congrats!

cheers-Sharon

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
That is STUNNING - love it!!
30.gif

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/21/2009 7:31:09 PM
Author: AmberGretchen
That is STUNNING - love it!!
30.gif

ditto this - there''s just no other word!

congratulations :)

Cachette

Brilliant_Rock
I''m certain she will be thrilled!!

Best of luck with the engagement!

Cachette
1.gif

GoodSoul

Brilliant_Rock
Best of luck on your proposal! She''ll be thrilled to receive this beauty! Congras!

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
congrats on a beautiful ring and good luck with the proposal! make sure you come back with pictures and a story! i love a good proposal! *sigh*

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Lovely!!! Congrats!!!!!!!

bebe

Ideal_Rock
very nice stone
BGD has the goods!

04diamond<3

Ideal_Rock
It''s beautiful! Congrats!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results