shape
carat
color
clarity

Story time: How I got my dream ring.

Bansheefaerie

Rough_Rock
Story time: (TLDR: I missed out on this ring 2 times, almost a 3rd time. Now it is finally here!) For the purpose of the story let's call this ring Norah, as that is the name of the setting style.
Back in 2019 I first spotted this beauty on ebay. She is what sparked my interest in old cut diamonds, antique jewelry and replicas. I watched her on ebay for a few months as I saved up to hopefully purchase it. Sadly she sold and I thought that would be the last I saw of her.
One day while flipping through the posts on Instagram I saw a photo someone in the jewelry community posted of a gorgeous antique pear diamond. I commented that it looked "just like" one I had almost purchased on ebay. A few weeks later through casual conversation, examining photos and finally going back through my old saved screens shots from ebay, we discovered it wasn't "just like" the ring I had seen on Ebay, it WAS the ring! Little did I know the lady that bought her off ebay was a member on PriceScope and decided to sell the Norah pear ring. Mind blown, I was amazed to see pictures of her again.
A few months went by and I decided to have a custom pear ring made by the same designer, CVB Inspired Design.
While the ring I designed turned out absolutely beautiful, it just wasn't "the one". It didn't bring me that joy that only a couple pieces have ever brought. About a month after my custom ring arrived, I found out the Norah ring was being sold on layaway as a future engagement ring for a couple. (I had made a huge mistake and didn't communicate that I was still interested in the Norah, despite having a custom CVB pear made. It was entirely my mistake for not communicating that.)
I decided to take a break from Instagram and the jewelry community for a while. Luckily for me there are some amazing people in the jewelry community. The person who owned the Norah ring contacted me to let me know the sale fell through and it was available again! My two jewelry friends also sent me the posts showing me it was for sale.
Life got really busy, a few weeks went by and I sent the owner a message to see if it was still available. I didn't want to get my hopes up, but I knew I had to try or I would regret it. I messaged the owner of the Norah and put my custom CVB up for sale.
I was able to find a new home in the jewelry community for the CVB ring I had made, which allowed me to purchase the Norah ring from the current owner.
It arrived today and it is everything I dreamed of and more. I can never thank the seller enough! Thank you! 20211123_032234.jpg 20211201_135412.jpg 20211129_155828.jpg

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
What a lovely ending and a gorgeous ring!

I'm so happy that it finally made its way to you. It was truly meant to be yours! She just wanted to go on a few dates first before she settled down with her soulmate. ;)2

And as the saying goes, the third time's the charm!

Kya

Shiny_Rock
That’s an incredible story behind an incredibly gorgeous ring!

So happy the ring made its way to you!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What are the chances?! How amazing! This ring was destined to be yours & it's absolutely beautiful :kiss2:

luckky

Shiny_Rock
Story time: (TLDR: I missed out on this ring 2 times, almost a 3rd time. Now it is finally here!) For the purpose of the story let's call this ring Norah, as that is the name of the setting style.
Back in 2019 I first spotted this beauty on ebay. She is what sparked my interest in old cut diamonds, antique jewelry and replicas. I watched her on ebay for a few months as I saved up to hopefully purchase it. Sadly she sold and I thought that would be the last I saw of her.
One day while flipping through the posts on Instagram I saw a photo someone in the jewelry community posted of a gorgeous antique pear diamond. I commented that it looked "just like" one I had almost purchased on ebay. A few weeks later through casual conversation, examining photos and finally going back through my old saved screens shots from ebay, we discovered it wasn't "just like" the ring I had seen on Ebay, it WAS the ring! Little did I know the lady that bought her off ebay was a member on PriceScope and decided to sell the Norah pear ring. Mind blown, I was amazed to see pictures of her again.
A few months went by and I decided to have a custom pear ring made by the same designer, CVB Inspired Design.
While the ring I designed turned out absolutely beautiful, it just wasn't "the one". It didn't bring me that joy that only a couple pieces have ever brought. About a month after my custom ring arrived, I found out the Norah ring was being sold on layaway as a future engagement ring for a couple. (I had made a huge mistake and didn't communicate that I was still interested in the Norah, despite having a custom CVB pear made. It was entirely my mistake for not communicating that.)
I decided to take a break from Instagram and the jewelry community for a while. Luckily for me there are some amazing people in the jewelry community. The person who owned the Norah ring contacted me to let me know the sale fell through and it was available again! My two jewelry friends also sent me the posts showing me it was for sale.
Life got really busy, a few weeks went by and I sent the owner a message to see if it was still available. I didn't want to get my hopes up, but I knew I had to try or I would regret it. I messaged the owner of the Norah and put my custom CVB up for sale.
I was able to find a new home in the jewelry community for the CVB ring I had made, which allowed me to purchase the Norah ring from the current owner.
It arrived today and it is everything I dreamed of and more. I can never thank the seller enough! Thank you! 20211123_032234.jpg 20211201_135412.jpg 20211129_155828.jpg

So simple, yet so elegant! Love the way it look on your finger.​

Mreader

Ideal_Rock

I'm so happy that it finally made its way to you. It was truly meant to be yours! She just wanted to go on a few dates first before she settled down with her soulmate. ;)2

I love the dating vs soulmate analogy! It was meant to be. So happy for you.

Heathcat24

Shiny_Rock
Premium
This is just wonderful! Thank you so much for sharing your story and your joy!

And what a lovely ring! I've never seen one quite like it!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's beautiful and congratulations on finally getting "the one".

Bansheefaerie

Rough_Rock

I love this so much. Thank you! It still feels unreal. I finally get to wear her. I took her immediately to be sized when she arrived yesterday and picked her up a few hours ago.

Bansheefaerie

Rough_Rock
Thank you everyone! It still feels unreal. After seeing her in person yesterday, I rushed to drop her off to be sized. My amazing jeweler had her ready for pick up today. I'm so happy!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love a story with a happy ending! I'm really glad things worked out so well for you and now you have the ring you truly wanted - It is just beautiful! Would love to see more pics of this beauty. Congrats and enjoy!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is beautiful! Great story and I believe it was "Meant to Be"!!

luvmysparklies

Brilliant_Rock
I love this story! Sometimes, a piece has to make a few pit stops before its final destination. I remember seeing this and thinking it was quite stunning, having no idea there was someone really, really wanting this. I remember many years ago now, a lady had to sell her mother's (who had passed on) diamond ring due to financial hardship. I wound up being the 3rd owner of it (I bought it because I remembered her story) and set it aside just in case. About two years after, I learned that she was desperately looking for it and if anybody knew anything to contact her. Needless to say, she got her ring back at the fire sale price she had to sell it. Many kudos to the individuals that ensured you were able to get your dream ring. It is so easy to be crappy anonymously on different social media type platforms, so this kind of looking out for each other--just because, warms the heart and defines what it means to be part of a real community! Congratulations and wear this in great health!:appl:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations!! It was meant to be.

SapphireStyle

Shiny_Rock
What a great story! Thanks for sharing and enjoy that lovely pear!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love a story with a happy ending! I'm really glad things worked out so well for you and now you have the ring you truly wanted - It is just beautiful! Would love to see more pics of this beauty. Congrats and enjoy!

+ a billion!

Bansheefaerie

Rough_Rock
I love this story! Sometimes, a piece has to make a few pit stops before its final destination. I remember seeing this and thinking it was quite stunning, having no idea there was someone really, really wanting this. I remember many years ago now, a lady had to sell her mother's (who had passed on) diamond ring due to financial hardship. I wound up being the 3rd owner of it (I bought it because I remembered her story) and set it aside just in case. About two years after, I learned that she was desperately looking for it and if anybody knew anything to contact her. Needless to say, she got her ring back at the fire sale price she had to sell it. Many kudos to the individuals that ensured you were able to get your dream ring. It is so easy to be crappy anonymously on different social media type platforms, so this kind of looking out for each other--just because, warms the heart and defines what it means to be part of a real community! Congratulations and wear this in great health!:appl:

That is so sweet of you to do! I bought an old very, well loved, Van Craeynest E.1004 from a store in southern California. They told me that the owners were this young couple wanting to travel the world. I forget which one, but one of them had inherited it from their mother. They wanted to make sure it would go to someone who would not melt it down and would care for it. I told the person I bought it from that if the couple ever comes back looking for the ring, I would be happy to sell it back to them for what I paid. I don't know if they ever will, but the ring was very clearly loved by the mother so I want them to have that option.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations! I'm so glad you were finally able to acquire her! She looks perfect on you too!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just love everything about how you two found each other. She’s beautiful!

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Meant to be! Wear it in good health. :kiss2:

blingmeupscotty

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
#SWAYSHEAD #SNAPSFINGERS

love love love!!!

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love reading such stories of wonderful pieces, finding their way to their owner, who was meant to be. And this piece was definitely meant to come to your hands and be worn and loved by you! Congratulations on making your dream ring your own! She looks beautiful!

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock

I love this story. Thank you for lighting a candle.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results