shape
carat
color
clarity

Story of my new Jann Paul ring as it's written

saraverse

Rough_Rock
Just about two years after buying my mined e ring set in platinum, the mount fell out at the airport. It was a 1.6ct oval stone approximately. I hadn't bumped or sat on it to cause this so I was in shock for about a year.

I got it from my friend with a jewelry business who said this it normal wear and tear :(. She offered to source a replacement diamond at cost but we didn't want to risk a repeat.

I was heartbroken, but thankfully my husband was happy to help me upgrade. We found out about Jann Paul and just ordered a 2.7-2.88 CT octagon nova set in the snowdrift setting. I can't wait!

I don't want to post exact cost figures but the cost is about the same as my previous, but a huge upgrade in every dimension.

The exciting thing is JP already had a rough they could use so my husband will be able to pick up the ring when he goes on a planned trip to Singapore for a friend's wedding in April!!

Eugene at JP helped us. He said I will be the first in North America to have the Octagon Nova although I'm not sure that is true. He also said that the Octagon Nova cut doesn't face up as big so we should order 2.7-2.8 to have the appearance of 2.5ct.

I'm a little worried about replating because the snowdrift setting is WG/RG and Eygene suggested we go back to Singapore for replating, but we can't go every few years. Hopefully I can get it related locally or just live without replating.

I still have my previous wedding band and I'll keep it for sentimentality. It was blessed in a cultural ceremony that has a lot of meaning to me. I plan to wear it on my right hand so I don't rusk damaging the Snowdrift gold setting with the platinum and horizontally set stones of the og band. It's one of those V shaped ones that goes around the e ring, so I may have to get another ring to put next to it for an anniversary. But it's not bad sitting on my right hand by itself!

I'll update the thread as we hear more from JP!

Big thanks to my husband for not blaming me and swooping in to offer a big upgrade. ❤️

saraverse

Rough_Rock
Previous ring :( and its matching keeper band.

Attachments

• IMG_2832.jpeg
    IMG_2832.jpeg
    190.9 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_0015.jpeg
    IMG_0015.jpeg
    181.7 KB · Views: 100

rcjtraveler

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations! It looks gorgeous. Can’t wait to see more pictures when you get it. Enjoy!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations! I hope it is everything and more when you receive it!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so sorry you lost your last stone...I see you had 4 prongs...I think we should start recommending 6 prongs on all stones to hopefully
reduce the amount of stones lost.

But...you are getting a gorgeous upgrade!!! How exciting! Looking forward to seeing pictures!

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
OMG that JP ring is breathtaking! :kiss2: Can't wait to see your photos and hear your thoughts on it!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my, that’s absolutely stunning.

saraverse

Rough_Rock
I'm so sorry you lost your last stone...I see you had 4 prongs...I think we should start recommending 6 prongs on all stones to hopefully
reduce the amount of stones lost.

But...you are getting a gorgeous upgrade!!! How exciting! Looking forward to seeing pictures!

Thank you!!

Based on how it broke, I think the issue was how the mount attached to the ring. The band may have been too narrow for daily wear, plus maybe the platinum was reused.

The diamond was still in the prongs when lost.

0515vision

Brilliant_Rock
Hope you don't mind a few questions. How narrow was the band? How would a jeweler have "reused" the platinum? Can't believe the mount broke off the band!

saraverse

Rough_Rock
Hope you don't mind a few questions. How narrow was the band? How would a jeweler have "reused" the platinum? Can't believe the mount broke off the band!

Jann Paul thought maybe they remelted platinum which they're not supposed to do. They didn't see it though so it was a guess. I don't know the width unfortunately.

LightBright

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love your new Jann Paul Octagon Nova ring. I love the color, cut, performance and WOW what a beautiful romantic setting. It’s far and beyond exceptional! Enjoy!

0515vision

Brilliant_Rock
Can’t wait to see hand shots!!! Congrats!!!

momofive

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations! The ring is gorgeous and the specs are amazing. I have a JP 3 stone EC labgrown and I love it. They were wonderful to work with.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results