shape
carat
color
clarity

Storm''s thread on beans got me thinking.....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Amandine

Brilliant_Rock
My Mom made (and still does!) this creamed pearl onion dish for special dinners, like Easter or Thanksgiving. My sister and I abhorred them, and we each had to eat one. I would leave mine on my plate and it would end up looking like this cold, creamed eyeball.
14.gif
I always did eat it, but never enjoyed it.

There isn''t much I don''t like otherwise. My Mom was sneaky...both of my grandmother''s had extensive gardens, and she would say it was from Grandma''s garden, and I don''t want to hurt her feelings if I don''t eat it, do I? Hurt Grandma? No way! Consequently, I eat most things now. My parents also had a rule that if we said "yuck" or something similiar, we got a second portion and had to eat both.

We did have dinner together most nights, at least till both my sister and I were in high school when activities and jobs interfered. I am happy we did.

Now, DH is another story. He doesn''t like orange juice with pulp, any kind of melon, brussel sprouts, lima beans, jello...I told him he is either going to have to suck it up when we have kids or develop "allergies"
2.gif
because I don''t want picky kids!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haha! What WAS it with the beets???!!! I hated them and still do! I can''t see what is so great about them that you''d try to force a child to eat them! I didn''t like brussel sprouts or green beans but will eat both now. My mother thankful almost never fixed this, but I hated and would not eat fried SPAM!!!
14.gif

I really love most food...too much!

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Tomatoes, lima beans, beets, mushrooms....well, a lot of foods. I was a pretty picky eater.

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Cooked Carrots--they still make me gag and lima beans--still think they are yucksville.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/25/2009 1:55:34 PM
Author: coatimundi
Cooked Carrots--they still make me gag and lima beans--still think they are yucksville.
Totally agree!!! They are yucksville, hehe.
40.gif

Allison D.

Ideal_Rock
OMG- I can''t believe how many others have also been TRAUMATIZED by beets! LOL

I can''t eat them to this day. I used to have to wash them down the TONS of milk, and that *barely* got them down.

As an adult, I tried to eat them several times but couldn''t. I can chew them in the front of my mouth, but the moment they get toward the back of my tongue to swallow them, the gag reflex kicks in. Ewwwwwwwww.

E B

Ideal_Rock
All this talk of lima beans has me hungry. I loooooooove me some lima beans.
9.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Leg of Lamb. How I used to hate eating it. I was the only one, who hated it. My mom, dad and brother loved it.

I used to gag, trying to get it down.
14.gif
My hubby loves it, so I will cook it for him. I even hate the smell of it, while it is cooking.

Ebree: I agree with you. I LOVE lima beans.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/25/2009 1:59:40 PM
Author: Kaleigh

40.gif
I will only eat cooked carrots in cake.
16.gif
Then I LOVE them.

JSM

Brilliant_Rock
I must be weird - as a child I LOVED beets!
18.gif

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/25/2009 3:03:36 PM
Author: Lorelei
Date: 5/25/2009 1:59:40 PM

Author: Kaleigh

40.gif

I will only eat cooked carrots in cake.
16.gif
Then I LOVE them.

haha me too! I LOVE carrot cake!

But regular old cooked carrots yuckityyuckyuckyuck. I had a sneaky system of carrots to napkin, napkin to lap, to later dump in the (bathroom) trash--wrapped in gobs of toilet papet.
3.gif

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/25/2009 3:14:58 PM
Author: jsm
18.gif
JSM and I are forming our own club: we seem to be the only people on the PLANET who love beets!
yum yum yum yum

(just watch your pee and don''t freak when it comes out pink!!!)

LS

beets.jpg

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/25/2009 3:42:45 PM
Author: LostSapphire

Date: 5/25/2009 3:14:58 PM
Author: jsm
18.gif
JSM and I are forming our own club: we seem to be the only people on the PLANET who love beets!
yum yum yum yum

(just watch your pee and don''t freak when it comes out pink!!!)

LS
You are killing us with that pic!!!
11.gif
3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results