shape
carat
color
clarity

Storm, need your help with an emerald cut

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bigchich

Rough_Rock

Storm,

Lorelei recommended I get your input on this emerald cut diamond. I hope you don''t mind weighing in. I''ve attached the specs, a magnified image and an Idealscope image. Is this a reasonable diamond for ~$4,100? Also, should I be worried about the symmetry or polish?

Specs:
Shape: Emerald
Carat weight: 1.03
Cut: Ideal
Color: E
Clarity: VVS1
Certificate: GIA

Depth: 69.5%
Table: 66.0%
Polish: Good
Symmetry: Good
Girdle: Slightly thick to thick
Culet: None
Fluorescence: None
Measurements: 6.63*4.79*3.33
Ratio: 1.38

My original requirements:
An emerald cut, 1-1.1 carrats, F color or better, VS2 clarity or better, very good cut (or premium, as james allen calls it), and am hoping to spend 4k or so. I''ve also tried to avoid flouresence and cutlet, tried to have reasonable depth/table proportions, and had a reasonable girdle for an emerald cut.

em-dia12.jpg

bigchich

Rough_Rock
Idealscope image.

ides123.jpg

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
pic looks blecky, IS look ok....
I think there are better ones out there.
will look when I wake up.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good idea bigchich starting another thread, lets wait to see what Stormy has to say when he has ingested some more caffeine LOL!!

bigchich

Rough_Rock
Date: 2/19/2009 8:06:17 AM
Author: strmrdr
pic looks blecky, IS look ok....
I think there are better ones out there.
will look when I wake up.
Karl,

Thanks for offering to help. I look forward to seeing what you come up with.

-Phil

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Im not finding a lot on JA''s website this may be the best of the lot that is in stock with pictures.
Before we start searching for diamonds to call in lets get the crown height and ask for more pictures.
Tell them that the picture that is up does not agree with the IS so you need more information.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results