shape
carat
color
clarity

stores

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lucy

Rough_Rock
sorry-i should have added this to my post below-but just wondering-when you get a diamond from say Tiffany's or Cartier are you basically paying a premium for the name and the security and is it worth it? is the Tiffany diamond a much better cut than say your average diamond at the local jewelery store? are they much higher in price anyway? any experiences with these 2 places? my husband seems to feel that if you buy from one of these places and have to have repairs done or sizing you are guaranteed no shenanigans like diamond switching etc like you see on 60 minutes exposes! finally does anyone know-in these high end stores-can you bargain or is the price the price and thats it? thanks again!
:))

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
----------------
On 6/2/2002 3:20:04 PM

sorry-i should have added this to my post below-but just wondering-when you get a diamond from say Tiffany's or Cartier are you basically paying a premium for the name and the security and is it worth it? is the Tiffany diamond a much better cut than say your average diamond at the local jewelery store? are they much higher in price anyway? any experiences with these 2 places? my husband seems to feel that if you buy from one of these places and have to have repairs done or sizing you are guaranteed no shenanigans like diamond switching etc like you see on 60 minutes exposes! finally does anyone know-in these high end stores-can you bargain or is the price the price and thats it? thanks again!
:))
----------------

Tiffany and Cartier sell nice diamonds-they may be better than what you see in a jewelery store that does not carry very well-cut diamonds, BUT there are diamonds available that are better cut AND less expensive than you will find in Tiffany and Cartier. Yes--you are paying for the name.

I was in Cartier recently for the first time. I was less than impressed with their settings which were in white gold. Actually, I was somewhat appalled considering the prices.

If you work with a jeweler you trust and know your own diamond, you won't have to worry about diamond switching, etc. If you buy your setting and/or diamond from a local jeweler, you will likely get free cleanings/check-ups and inexpensive sizings.

I sincerely doubt you can bargain in Tiffany or Cartier!

lucy

Rough_Rock
thank you so much for the info!:wavey:

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results