shape
carat
color
clarity

stores that allow customers to upgrade...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

swl

Shiny_Rock
I am just wondering for stores that allow customers to upgrade their stones, does it mean they will take back the original stone and trade for a bigger one and the customer pay the difference? if that is the case, then most likely that upgrade itself is once owned by someone else who also went in for an upgrade?

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am just wondering for stores that allow customers to upgrade their stones, does it mean they will take back the original stone and trade for a bigger one and the customer pay the difference?
Yes

if that is the case, then most likely that upgrade itself is once owned by someone else who also went in for an upgrade?
It could be. Even if you buy from a store that doesn''t allow upgrades, the stone could have once been owned by someone else.

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Double post

swl

Shiny_Rock
the reason why i am wondering about this is there are stores with the policy "we only sell new diamonds directly from the provider to customer."

Is anyone superstitious about owning a preowned diamond? like bad luck and etc.?

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/4/2009 2:58:23 PM
Author: swl
the reason why i am wondering about this is there are stores with the policy ''we only sell new diamonds directly from the provider to customer.''

Is anyone superstitious about owning a preowned diamond? like bad luck and etc.?
I don''t...I like to believe that your luck is what you make it!

melz

Shiny_Rock
A friend once told me to dunk my diamond in a dish of milk to cleanse it of negative energy/associations. A website says to soak it in milk overnight. So, if you''re prone to believing in such things, it certainly can''t hurt!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/4/2009 2:46:02 PM
Author:swl
I am just wondering for stores that allow customers to upgrade their stones, does it mean they will take back the original stone and trade for a bigger one and the customer pay the difference? if that is the case, then most likely that upgrade itself is once owned by someone else who also went in for an upgrade?
Terms and conditions can vary so always check to be sure if you want an upgrade policy, but yes it is certainly possible a new diamond had a previous life!

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Personally, I thik it''s important for a store that accepts trade up to identify items which are being sold subsequent to being traded in.
Some people are not at all bothered by this, but for those who are we always disclose if a ring on the site is a trade up.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results