shape
carat
color
clarity

Stop me if you will!!! I''m About to take the leap! How about this deal?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cwbiv

Rough_Rock
Thanks to those of you who responded to my previous post. In that stone I had found a stone that was a little heavy on depth...

In this installment...

EGL

1.50 ct G Color SI2 (Proportedly eye clean)

Depth 59.3%
Table 62%
Crown 11% (I am a little scared of this, I dont know why...)
Pavilion 43%

Slightly Thick, Faceted Girdle
No culet

Good Polish
g-VG symmetry

No Flourescence

USD $5300.00

lickout.gif

quick addition stone is : 7.44*7.36*4.39 Thanks!
wavey.gif

I ran the HCA on the stone it comes back at a 3.5. It seems the crown is the variable just a few more percent and it would score really well.

3.5 still ranks in the good category but somehow next to a 1 or 1.5 doesnt seem as nice... Real world does this make a difference?

Thanks in advance for all of your help! This board & Pricescope have been a lifesaver to me! Cheers!

canadiangrrl

Brilliant_Rock
The price is reflective of the quality of the stone. I think that a 3.5 HCA would appear markedly different from a diamond that scores below 2.

You should find out who graded this stone - if it's EGL Israel, they're known to be off on colour and clarity - and not in your favour, either.

However...the price is good, and if you want a 1.50 within that price range, you might consider it. Just be aware of what you're getting, and get it independently appraised.
1.gif

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
If you got that 3.5 HCA score using percents, you'd better take a step back and get more info. You need crown and pavillion ANGLES to get a more accurate performance rating. I have seen %'s produce a result that is about HALF the true score making that 3.5 more like 7!

Get the ANGLES and recheck the HCA!
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results