shape
carat
color
clarity

Stones suggestion

jz112896

Rough_Rock
Hi All,

I picked up 3 pairs of stones from vc,wf and bg. I will have them on a 3 prong Martini Setting. My preference is ideal cut , 1.4-1.5 ctw, H-I Color and eye clean. Any suggestions about my selections? Which one will give me the best result?
Thanks.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Actually, the pair from WF match the best in terms of specs and if you pay by wire, they are less expensive so why would you pass on those?

I would prefer the higher H color over the I from BGD so I really didn’t consider them.

headlight

Ideal_Rock
I like the smaller table size and larger mm size of the BGD. I just recently acquired a BGD and it is stunning. I’m planning on getting new studs, as well, and I’m totally going to go with BGD for them. I’m willing to spend more than I had initially planned on and get smaller size than initially thought because I’m so impressed, as is my husband. Also, I’ve received excellent treatment from Brian, Lesley, and Jamie. I know that they are having some specials right now, so you should definitely inquire. I believe they are offering 10% off a stone right now. I don’t know if that would apply to 2 stones. They just recently (like just a few days ago) had a buy 1 stone, get the 2nd (as in the case of earrings) at 15% off... I would think for many businesses, things may be a little slow right now in light of the pandemic, so maybe they would extend to you the earring special, it never hurts to ask. But 10% off a diamond right now for sure.I also think that if you sign up for their emails on the website you get $100 off a purchase, I’ve seen that before. Also, you are probably saving a little with respect to that pair because 1 of the stones is an SI1.
With all that said, as @MissGotRocks has mentioned, the BGD are I color. I am color sensitive so I wouldn’t go below H, but even that is too tinted for me so I’m probably the wrong person to give advice on color. But I do feel going from H to I is a dividing line. Do they have anything in H that will fit your budget? Are you just sourcing from the website or have you called them? If you haven’t called, I would because they might have something not listed on the website. I didn’t see where they aren’t a good match... their mm size and tables are virtually identical.
I have not owned anything from WF or VC so I can’t speak for them personally, except for hearing great things here on PS about them both.

jz112896

Rough_Rock
Thanks all suggestions. I will research some H stones on BGD again. I know they had 15% off earlier. As long as I can find the lovely stone, I wouldn’t mind about 5% discount.

coda72

Brilliant_Rock
That pair looks good. Here’s another BG stone that will match and save you a few hundred dollars.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results