shape
carat
color
clarity

Stones by Yoram

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yoram, I saved this picture from years ago because the diamond was incredibly beautiful! I hope one day to have an AVC that looks a lot like this with a large culet!

diagemomc1f.jpg

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
I wouldn't want one with a big black cross. In fact, I would love it if it could move towards a flower center.

I would love to see them look more like this facet pattern in the future ...
omc4.png

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
I am delighted to see Yoram get the recognition he deserves and am proud of the small part I played in the evolution of Yoram into what he is today.
I remember when he first came to PS and was lost in what we were discussing and dismissed the need to know a lot of it and he has now mastered and understands it.
I am proud to call him my friend.

Karl

Mico

Brilliant_Rock
CharmyPoo said:
I wouldn't want one with a big black cross. In fact, I would love it if it could move towards a flower center.

I would love to see them look more like this facet pattern in the future ...
omc4.png

I second this, that faceting is wonderful!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Actually, I personally wouldn't want the flower pattern in an antique cushion because it would look too much like an AVR/OEC. That cushion I posted was cut way before they were working on ideal light performance stones, so it may be due to that or just simply camera obstruction from the way the picture was taken. AVC's don't have black crosses in the center since they are cut to ideal proportions. I just love the faceting of that cushion and the large culet with the kozibe effect!

Here's my dream AVC that I saved...(although I like other shapes as well for a RHR)...

_10852.jpg

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
That cushion you posted looks a lot like my avc.

I would love a flower pattern in a cushion shape versus round and don't think it looks like the avr at all. As much as I love cushions, I am not a huge fan of the large Maltese cross. This just shows different preferences for different people. We did do a small informal poll in one of the fb groups to compare Maltese cross, windmill and flower for cushions. Flower pattern was favored and it was interesting and surprising that the Maltese cross was not among the top.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Photography lies, well sort of.
Photograph is static, but real life is not.

That big black cross is not some permanent inclusion.
It will not be seen live.

It's an reflection of the big black camera, and or light obstruction caused by the camera, that is only present when the camera is close to the gem.
It vanishes when the gem is turned even a little bit off axis.

When you wear any diamond the facets turn on and off.
What you see constantly changing.

screen_shot_2013-10-13_at_12.png

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Wow Kenny. Thanks so much on the education in head and camera obstruction. I had no idea how a diamond sparkles and facets turn on and off prior to your explanation.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
CharmyPoo|1381699220|3537134 said:
Wow Kenny. Thanks so much on the education in head and camera obstruction. I had no idea how a diamond sparkles and facets turn on and off prior to your explanation.

Wow CharmyPoo. Are you being sarcastic?

I was responding to, and attempting to correct, your misleading comment, "I wouldn't want one with a big black cross."
Diamond don't have big black crosses any more than well-cut rounds have big black arrow patterns that look like yucky spiders.

You and I are very well informed, but what we write influences noobs, so we should be careful to not mislead.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
CharmyPoo|1381690279|3537042 said:
That cushion you posted looks a lot like my avc.

I would love a flower pattern in a cushion shape versus round and don't think it looks like the avr at all. As much as I love cushions, I am not a huge fan of the large Maltese cross. This just shows different preferences for different people. We did do a small informal poll in one of the fb groups to compare Maltese cross, windmill and flower for cushions. Flower pattern was favored and it was interesting and surprising that the Maltese cross was not among the top.

Well, the more choices, the merrier! :)) I just meant that I would prefer my cushion to not have a flower center since my AVR does, so that is why I favor the one above. I really haven't seen all that many well cut antique cushions to even form an opinion beyond the fact that I love the two I posted. :lol:

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
diamondseeker2006|1381594424|3536401 said:
Yoram, I saved this picture from years ago because the diamond was incredibly beautiful! I hope one day to have an AVC that looks a lot like this with a large culet!

Thank you DS, it is an old picture (I even remember it as a F-VS 2ct or in that neighborhood).
The AVC's are cut to exact facet design just utilizing different & strict facet-azimuth numbers.

Most of my OMC's are still cut to similar proportions as the image you posted. I offer an array of possibilities. A lot of my clients want a genuine antique look & feel. The Kozibe effect is part of the antique charm and can only be achieved with certain angle combinations.

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Karl_K|1381683546|3536984 said:
I am delighted to see Yoram get the recognition he deserves and am proud of the small part I played in the evolution of Yoram into what he is today.
I remember when he first came to PS and was lost in what we were discussing and dismissed the need to know a lot of it and he has now mastered and understands it.
I am proud to call him my friend.

Karl
Hi Karl, thanks for the kind words..., there were interesting years of heavy duty PS discussions.
Academically, I was never realy lost but did learn loads. The most important was the ability to control light behavior using tech tools available which I never new existed and adapting them into my physical cutting works.
Today, I am still exploring with new tools as precision is never realy perfect! I am happy to know I am breaking through the top levels.
I appreciate the heads up :)

Subjectively I always had an issue & still have. I never agreed precision and/or LP cutting was (or still is) the reason for "more beautiful" and dismiss[ed] the voices who claim[ed] it as such.
Scientifically it's more correct. But beauty as nothing to do with science.

Likewise, I am happy to have you as a friend and a partner to the cause and am happy I met numerous people, pro's and enthusiastic as one.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results